• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion Related Ideas that Will make you think I hope

Happy

Anyone else think they God doesnt or might not exist? I have yet to find proof and I wont just believe it because other people believe it or because I was raised that way. Maybe there is no God. Descartes was said to prove he existed yet you would need to beleive the prerequisites and they left much to be desired in my opinion. Maybe God isn't transdecent and he is just energy that doesn't dissapear and can't be sensed. Our spirits are energy. And another idea. Why would god possibly want to make us if he existed? He surely didn't make us because it was a need of his. Does he have a will? Does he make decisions or is he a machine? How could he possibly exist? I can't think of anymore right now. Normally i got so much on my mind but right now I'm a bit calmer and not so much worried about Death and Nonexistence (Yes a non existence or a non conscious existence is my greatest fear)
God gives things values without him values are temporary. Existence is temporary. If he feels like dropping the Project "Human Race" we'd just dissapear? Why should he keep us existing? I see no point to existence in the first place. Why isnt there nothing? I also don't let my wants change my ideas. My wants just give me motivation to search for what I want. I want to know the truth knowing the truth is not what I will want.

I'm done for now its easier to talk in AIM and use the energy of a instant conversation to feed my thoughts. I think much more clearer when im scared and communicating. When talking about this I get scared and shaky.

anami

Happy said:
I'm a bit calmer and not so much worried about Death and Nonexistence (Yes a non existence or a non conscious existence is my greatest fear)

Breathe, brother man, you've got to breathe.

Regardless of anything else, everything is exactltly as it is and it can't have existed differently, because it didn't.
Right now you are alive.
Right now you are concous.
Worry wastes both, think about death and non-concious exitstence when you are confronted with it. Don't waste life and conciousness, you might as well be dead or you know, not concious.:jiggy: Dance!

My wants just give me motivation to search for what I want. I want to know the truth knowing the truth is not what I will want.

i must compliment the wise.
Truth is too scary, truth is too much to comprehend.
If so, stop before you begin.
The path to truth is rough and ferocious and the lessons only get harder and harder.

If you have fear, don't go where i mention next.

God gives things values without him values are temporary. Existence is temporary. If he feels like dropping the Project "Human Race" we'd just dissapear? Why should he keep us existing? I see no point to existence in the first place. Why isnt there nothing? I also don't let my wants change my ideas.

i am outside right now so my internet is slow. i regret it would take forever to get the link and put it here, but there is a very small synapsis of my view point under the active link titled, "Prove Allah exists."

I'm done for now its easier to talk in AIM and use the energy of a instant conversation to feed my thoughts. I think much more clearer when im scared and communicating. When talking about this I get scared and shaky.
When you are shaking, if you quit being overly aware of it and just accept that you are shaking and that there are sensible reasons for that, you will stop shaking.

EDIT: i fixed a quote box issue

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
(Yes a non existence or a non conscious existence is my greatest fear)
Why? Its just like being asleep but not dreaming, or like it was before you were born.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
To quote the semi immortal words of the sublime prophets, "Peter, Paul and Mary": You can say there ain't no heaven, but you pray there ain't no hell."

Too many people try to prove that God exists on a physical level. He is Spirit. You must look for the evidences on a spiritual plane. Don't let your temporal existence hide the real truth.

Happy

Hayclon, Because I really hate the idea of losing everything I worked for and am. If you don't value who you are then thats up to you but I love parts of existence now that I'm in it both instinctively and personally.

Any Anami I can't stop shaking or cotnrol my thoughts over this when it comes. I have ADD and it makes me hyperfocus on my ideas. I can calm my self if i block what im thinking about but i don't want to and I don't care about the shaking as much as the other parts.

I agree.. . Worrying is a waste to some extent and thats why I need the answer as not to worry. If I learn the truth I won't have to worry and I cant just except the unknown I feel it is foolish for me not to want to know what it all is. I've been worrying since I was 5 and my Dad did it to so its Genetic to. I questioned my existence at 5 and gods also about that age. It is the thing ive been most worried about. I don't plan to just let it dissipate because that is what i am searching for so do not give me ways to cope.

anami

Happy said:
Any anami I can't stop shaking or cotnrol my thoughts over this when it comes. I have ADD and it makes me hyperfocus on my ideas. I can calm my self if i block what im thinking about but i don't want to and I don't care about the shaking as much as the other parts.

I don't plan to just let it dissipate because that is what i am searching for so do not give me ways to cope.

Happy,
Giving you ways to cope is not to stifle your search, which you do seem pretty set on, ways to cope keeps you from getting distracted by things like shaking. Which your right is not a big deal.

The effect of shaking during intense thought is common to a few groups in addition to "ADD" effected people. Your nurons are firing at an extreme rate when you are thinking about math, imagine how much more electricity is moving when you think about "God" This effects your electromagnetic bioenergetic body which causes shaking in trigger points of the body related to aspects of the thought. But the point is if you accept you are shaking it will stop. Someone once argued with me this point for more than two hours shaking the whole time, then naturally accepted the shaking at the end without even realizing they had, until i mentioned that they were not shaking.

i am only chatting with you about it because of my similar experiences, i mean no disrespect to you path.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Happy said:
Hayclon, Because I really hate the idea of losing everything I worked for and am. If you don't value who you are then thats up to you but I love parts of existence now that I'm in it both instinctively and personally.
I understand - but your individuality, the things you like and hate, the achievements you've made - these will all be remembered by your family and friends, and if you keep a diary/ journal (whatever you want to call it) then your thoughts and memories will live on indefinately :).
I used to fear death for exactly the same reason, but now i find the idea of non-existance comforting - no pain, no heartache, no worry, no passage of time - nothing, the ultimate peace. I see it as if this is the baseline, the 'worst' possible scenario of afterdeath, then anything else is a bonus, but if it is the case then there is nothing to fear because you won't know fear.
But nonetheless, keep searching, i'm doing the exact same thing!:D

chip12

Yes there is a God and he even explains creatism and evolution Have you ever read Find Life it can be found here. I think it will shed some light your way...

robtex

Veteran Member
Great to meet you happy...i love the irony of your emotional turmoiled post as contrasted to your user name of choice.....look confidence comes from experience...when i first started debating religion i didn't know squat about it...so i read and read and read and read some more..i cruised religious and philosophy forums for months before posting and than i just realized that if i lost a debate but learned something new than i really won.

just read for a bit work out arguements but dont' post them and than after a while give it a whirl and remember that winning is learning in the forum world as opposed to dominating others in an arguement...

great to meet you.

Dr. Khan

:) Hello happy, I hope you find what you are looking for. Perhaps my own experience might help you a little.

I was brought up in a particular religion. I assumed Jesus was real because I had no reason to doubt or question that . Then after Adulthood I found myself asking similar questions that you might have. I started reading the bible. The new Testament primarily. I was astonished at the things Jesus said. He clearly identified himself as the Messiah and made many promises. I wanted Jesus to be real. Some how I went through the process of being baptized, when just at that point a co-worker asked me about the Holy Spirit. To make a long story short I experienced the Holy Spirit, Himself, exactly as it is written in John7:37-39. I didnt even know that the discription given there was in the bible untill it happened. Because of this I had to rethink every thing. These are the questions that came.
Why didn't anyone tell me about this before? Why the different denominations. As happy as I was being filled with the Holy Ghost I was also angry. I was angry because this is what everyone in the earth is looking for whether they realize it or not. The proof of God's existance.

Here's proof for you. if you look up the various posts that I have made you will find that no one has a real answer for my judgments. It is because Jesus promised me as well as all them who believe. " Behold I will give you a mouth and wisdom in which all your advasaries can neither gainsay nor resist."

I made my judgments based upon my experience with God.

They'll probably suspend me for this, but that has happened to me before. But Jesus promised that too. So it's good either way. Psalm 1:1-3

Dr. Khan

by the way wisdom came to me from meditating in the promises and laws and commandments (especially in Psalms and Proverbs) in the bible.

:) :)