• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion is dying in Europe

Altfish

Veteran Member
Wow wow wow wow wow....

Easy there. I think we have a huge misunderstanding here. They "say" [well guardian says..] that they have no religious affiliation. By no means does that mean that they don't have a religion or don't belong to church and especially that they don't believe in god.
So, the thread is about religion dying in Europe.
What do you understand 'No religious affiliation' means?

Anthem

So, the thread is about religion dying in Europe.
What do you understand 'No religious affiliation' means?
It means they don't have much to do with the church they belong to or don't feel themselves to be particularly religious.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It means they don't have much to do with the church they belong to or don't feel themselves to be particularly religious.
So, that ties in with the title of this thread, which is..."RELIGION IS DYING IN EUROPE", not 'belief in God is dying in Europe'

Maqsood

I heard something a while back (no sources to link to, sorry) that some smaller churches in the UK were only saved from being turned into housing, mosques, coffee shops or piles of rubble by an influx of people from places like Ghana and Gambia.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I heard something a while back (no sources to link to, sorry) that some smaller churches in the UK were only saved from being turned into housing, mosques, coffee shops or piles of rubble by an influx of people from places like Ghana and Gambia.
I think that could be very true, certainly the influx of people from Africa