• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion is a bunch of bull

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Druidus said:
lol!

He's got you there, Bastet. :p
Gah! I know how to spell it, but it was 4.30am and I wasn't awake yet. :p If I'd looked at my own post before I hit submit, I might have caught it. :eek: My point still stands though. ;)

Silvanus

I see religion like I do anything that feels exciting or attractive in life. Spirituality is a fascinating thing to get into, it's something that we just love to be; We love being spiritual because our deity, deities, or precepts are what we aspire to attain, it's who we are; Why try to make us be something we're not? They are the comfort in our lives, especially when life gets difficult and stressful, we always have God or Buddha, or some spiritual teaching to uplift us and make us feel we serve a good purpose in life.
But david your ranting just comes back to you because you refuse to accept someone elses' lifestyle. Hatred and stupidity is all the same, whether coming from some fundie or some atheist. You have been smitten by the christians in here lol. Their answers to your question were full of every reason not to follow the way of the wicked smelly trolls ;)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
David appears to be a garden variety "Drive By Troll". They post something that they think will get everyone all a twitter without ever intending to return.

They differ greatly from the more sedentary and obsequious "Resident Troll" (like TVOR) in many ways.
1) You don't get the pleasure of knowing that they have read your sarcastic little quips about them.
2) They are usually under 20 (but not EVERYONE under 20 is a troll, much less a "Drive By Troll").
3) Their posts make absolutely NO SENSE, compared to the token sense exhibited by our beloved "Resident Troll".

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
NetDoc said:
David appears to be a garden variety "Drive By Troll". They post something that they think will get everyone all a twitter without ever intending to return.

They differ greatly from the more sedentary and obsequious "Resident Troll" (like TVOR) in many ways.
1) You don't get the pleasure of knowing that they have read your sarcastic little quips about them.
2) They are usually under 20 (but not EVERYONE under 20 is a troll, much less a "Drive By Troll").
3) Their posts make absolutely NO SENSE, compared to the token sense exhibited by our beloved "Resident Troll".
Thanks for the endorsement! I think.

TVOR
Resident Troll

A

angellous_evangellous

pah said:
She means, I'm sure, worshiping a bull is idol worship. Believe it or not from this atheist, David, Christianity was some great personal benefits in spite of your false characterization of it as lies.
:162: Counting those personal benefits.

Melody

The Voice of Reason said:
Thanks for the endorsement! I think.

TVOR
Resident Troll
TVOR,
I thought it was a compliment...but then I call my husband "Troll".:D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
David720 said:
I am an aethiest. (sp?) I am very proud to be one because I cannot belive how many people belive in such crap. This whole religion with "God" and "Heaven" and all that stuff is just really a pack of lies. It's kinda sad so many people belive in it.
David - read what you have written:-
"I am an atheist. I am very proud to be one because Icannot believe how many people believe in such crap." Gramatically, you are actually defining atheism as 'crap' !!!and, yet you still believe in it ??:jiggy:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I suspect David is not coming back to defend his thesis. Furthermore, I think everyone handled his trolling quite well.

I wonder what to do with this thread? It seems pointless if David is not going to defend his thesis. Any suggestions as to what to do about it?

Personally, I was thinking that the thread should be yanked and quietly burnt in a blood drenched midnight ceremony attended by all of us. But what do you think?

(I'd be particularly interested in what our Official Resident Droll, TVOR, suggests should be done with this vile and loathsome thread.)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I say we give him another day or two - he'll probably drift back in after he's been run out of every other forum he enters.

Drolly,
TVOR

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thanks, TVOR. Who else has an opinion what should be done here? Does anyone else think David is coming back to defend his thesis?

Hi to all, specially to David, the god of this thread!

RELIGION IS definitely A BUNCH OF BULL! That is, according to my TS philosophy (Please refer to my other threads!) Since David, like the rest of us, is a prisoner of the total sum of his body & the human mindset he cannot think otherwise!
Religion is one's own ultimate concern & David's concern is simply ATHIESM!
This is very personal & nobody in the whole universe has the same concern ( & brain state!) like him. Please note that he has perfectly labelled his personal philosophy as athiesm, not atheism! And that's because it's his!
He is the god of his own philosophy - ATHIESM!

But I wonder if he's aware of his unconsciouss (UNC) or subconscious? It's not impossible that his UNC is rebelling from being labeled David! David was the 2nd king of the Israelite nation, & as we know, the whole of western civilization is based on the judeo-christian worldview.

peace,
sondadareas

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
md_88 said:
we should send a group mesage demanding david backs up his statement.
I kinda think we are, MD_88. Sending a group message, I mean. David, poor lad, has somehow managed to unite both the theists and the non-theists on this board in a common cause: We all want him to back up his statement.

Maybe in the end we'll have to take matters into our own hands and one or more of us will need to play devil's advocate here, coming up with reasons why religion is bunk, so the rest of us can have some fun debating those reasons.

I'll start: Religion is bunk because David says it's bunk. Now, who can debate that? Huh?