• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion, Governments , Science , just use the rest of us .

james blunt

Meh an empty phrase.

Ironic considering you are using a celebrity as your username. Care to play us a tune? :p
I'll be too busy helping a publican win a pub quiz .

Seriously , I no longer care , my sustainability is gone , I now hate those that ..

Anyway the walls of Jericho have arrived.

james blunt

Also in structure and promotion. I just think the analogy falls short.

‘“The pawns are the soul of chess”- Philidor

My ears are closed , pawns that get promoted go to the other side. Unfortunately the world is round and you end up back where you started , a circle of lies.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are just pawns in a game of chess , seagulls following trawlers , why the fishermen laugh . A game where we were never important , lead to believe we meant something more than just slaves to the cause . No matter what your race or religion , we are people and we are all controlled by some body or organisation . Why do we follow like seagulls , working for scraps why they live in squander and vanities ? Stand together people of our world , let the peasants unite and speak .
Because H sap sap has evolved as one kind of mammal, a gregarious primate. Being an animal, we have the imperative to survive long enough to breed; and being gregarious, we have instincts appropriate for working together, one of the major factors in our success ─ such instincts as respect for authority, loyalty to the group, and at least for some, alpha ambitions in the peck order.

I personally don't have a problem with that, enjoying the cooperative benefits of civilization as I do.

But if I might respectfully comment, the view you express would fit with feelings of alienation and depression, and if that's right, one possible antidote might be to make a routine of walking for at least an hour every day. It's not the only possibility but it has a fine reputation.

james blunt

Because H sap sap has evolved as one kind of mammal, a gregarious primate. Being an animal, we have the imperative to survive long enough to breed; and being gregarious, we have instincts appropriate for working together, one of the major factors in our success ─ such instincts as respect for authority, loyalty to the group, and at least for some, alpha ambitions in the peck order.

I personally don't have a problem with that, enjoying the cooperative benefits of civilization as I do.

But if I might respectfully comment, the view you express would fit with feelings of alienation and depression, and if that's right, one possible antidote might be to make a routine of walking for at least an hour every day. It's not the only possibility but it has a fine reputation.
I've had my rant now .

exchemist

Veteran Member
Speaking of seagulls, did you ever read the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" by Richard Bach?
May make you see seagulls in a new light. :cool:
God, yes, I remember that book, back in the 70s. What crap. (My brother had a bald housemaster at school, a dour lowland Scot called called Livingston-Smith, who rapidly became known as Jonathan Livingston Seaskull. :D)

james blunt

God, yes, I remember that book, back in the 70s. What crap. (My brother had a bald housemaster at school, a dour lowland Scot called called Livingston-Smith, who rapidly became known as Jonathan Livingston Seaskull. :D)
Judas to the rich shall the fall of the rich be without service . Spit in their food as they spit at the peasants of the land .

james blunt

Charge the rich with ten times more the price , as the rich make billions . Give the rich no more cheap service and watch them become our equals . God has spoken and this what God wants us to do .

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
We are just pawns in a game of chess , seagulls following trawlers , why the fishermen laugh . A game where we were never important , lead to believe we meant something more than just slaves to the cause . No matter what your race or religion , we are people and we are all controlled by some body or organisation . Why do we follow like seagulls , working for scraps why they live in squander and vanities ? Stand together people of our world , let the peasants unite and speak .

While in theory, you are probably correct. The way you write in close boxes of text, with barest punctuation. Like you're protecting your sentences. Or something. Makes me think, maybe you have paranoid schizophrenia.

Uhhh, look. Everyone here has probably been used at some point by government entities (or in some cases hit up for money by religious groups), and they will do their best to kinda control people's lives; however, we as a people are social. We stay sane by finding people we can trust, and trying again until we have sypport groups.
Toxic governments, yes, may try to undermine support groups like that, but if you can go out and meet people, even only acquaintances, some of this fear will go away. While it's probably good to have some protective instincts, having people in your life that are your posse is an actual strength. Especially when you in turn can learn to care for them and protect them from the dangers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I would prefer to live in century 21 rather than the bronze age.

Our health is looked after (in some countries)
Medicine improves and extends our life
Infrastructure is at least handy for moving about
Our rubbish is disposed of without fuss reducing enormously the disease it brought before sanitation became a government priority
We have electricity at the flick if a switch
We even have computers on which we can vent our spleen at science.

syo

A game where we were never important
our mission is to make choices.

do you have a favorite colour? yes? no? which color do you like? which color you don't like? have you ever cared to answer this question of color picking?

yes, we are in a game. yes, we follow rules. but inside the game, there is the rule of us making choices. :) we are important to complete/perfect the game.