• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recommend Your Favorite Beer To Me!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've pretty much settled on beer as my favorite alcoholic drink. Although it might be years since I've drunk to the point of actual intoxication, I enjoy drinking a brew now and then. Sometimes a few brews now and then. I'm always on the look out for tasty brews, so help me out. Recommend your favorite beer to me! Tell me what it has going for it.

Purple Thyme

Aaaa so many brew so little time.:drool: The fun is in the tasting. Personnally I have several favorites depending on my mood. Corona with lime for relaxing in the summer. Pete's Wicked Ale for autumn. Pete's puts out many variations of their ale so you'll have to try them. There's just so many!!! But I still love my Bud for the my traditional side of me.:drunk:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ah! Those heady days of alcoholism...............

I used to drink Carlsberg special brew (9% alcohol by volume); first, it is really 'meaty', and secondly you need to drink less than if you were to drink other lagers (and therefore less Gas).

Now I am happy with the occasional (as long as I can keep it to that) Kronenbourg 1664. Now that is a nice brew!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have several local brewpubs here making some excellent beers and ales, but for an internationally marketed brew I'd have to go with Guiness Stout.

It makes the popular, mass marketed brews seem like watery swill! :D

egroen

My favorite brewery is Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI. They do distribute nationally, so you might be able to find it. Many of their beers are listed internationally in "top ale" lists...

My recommendations:
Oberon -- Perfect for summer.
Two-hearted ale -- A king of IPAs, I am big on hops.
Amber ale -- Not quite as 'kick your ***" as two-hearted ale.
Any of their stouts -- To die for.

-Erin

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
robtex said:
I guess I can forgive you for such blasphamy since you reside in colorado. :D

James Mitchner wrote Colorado was where good Texans go when they die.:D If you like to fish, you should see the trout streams here, Rob!

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Anything by St. Arnolds (Houston Microbrewery).

New Belgium, 1554, Fat Tire, Trippel;

Full Sail: Amber & Brown ales

Mendocino Brewing, Redtail & Eye of the Hawk;

Pete's Wicked, Wicked Ale & Strawberry Blonde

Pyramid, Apricot Ale

Karma (good beer happens to good people) Ale, and Ellie's Brown Ale from a brewery in Colorado whose name I can't remember off the top of my head.

And of course, one can't forget:

Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale (tempered over burning witches).

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sunstone said:
I've pretty much settled on beer as my favorite alcoholic drink. Although it might be years since I've drunk to the point of actual intoxication, I enjoy drinking a brew now and then. Sometimes a few brews now and then. I'm always on the look out for tasty brews, so help me out. Recommend your favorite beer to me! Tell me what it has going for it.
I understand we have some great 3.2 percent beers here in Utah, but I can't recommend any from personal experience. :D

ladyhawke

Miller geniune draft
Kronenburg Blanc
Sol (but it has to have a wedge of lime in the bottle)

BUT;you will never get better IMO than Guinness Extra Cold with a dash of lime on hot day.;)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Given that I admittedly am not a big beer drinker, you'll have to take my reccomendations with a grain of salt. I like these beers because they don't taste like beer. :eek:

Stella Artois
Chimay
and any of th fruit flavored lambic beers (yes, fruit-flavored)

All of the above are Belgian.

And Maize, I totally agree about heffeweissen. Like that too.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Seyorni said:
We have several local brewpubs here making some excellent beers and ales, but for an internationally marketed brew I'd have to go with Guiness Stout.

It makes the popular, mass marketed brews seem like watery swill! :D
Guinness Stout...aye! :clap

Samuel Adams beers are very good as well, and this thread reminded me I have a couple more Black Lagers chillin' in the fridge. :D

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
CaptainXeroid said:
Guinness Stout...aye! :clap

Samuel Adams beers are very good as well, and this thread reminded me I have a couple more Black Lagers chillin' in the fridge. :D
If you like Sam Adams Black Lager, you really should try some New Belgium 1554 (black ale). Puts Sam to shame.