• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recommend me some books

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have just finished Gayle Forman's "Where She Went", the sequel to "If I Stay" (recently shown in movie form).

I had seen the movie just over two weeks ago. It was sad and very beautiful indeed. The book switches the perspective character to Adam. I expected it to be good. I did not expect it to bring me to tears every single time I even remember of it.

I will be on the watch for other books by Gayle Forman, because the lady knows how to write. I had no idea I could ever be driven to such despair simply by reading of two people talking about such normal things, just barely raising their voices at all. What a cathartic experience it was. It pretty much put the need to accept the joys and losses of life as a whole person front and center on my perception.

Karl Hister

"The Gulag Archipelago" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"The Rise And Fall of The Third Reich" - William L Shirer (had to look that one up I think I loaned my copy out to someone)

"Mein Kampf" -Adolph Hitler

"Quotations From Chairman Mao TseTung" - Mao Tse tung

The entire Twilight series- No, that was just a joke

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The Liars Gospel, by Naomi Alderman.
Historical novel about the life and times of Jesus, written by a jewish scholar of 1st century Judea.
It's really a set of four novelettes in which Jesus is a minor character. The first is the story of Mary, then Judas, then Caiaphas, then Barrabas.

Tom