• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recommend a summary of your religious-faith

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So much to choose from!

I think I would go with the Heart Sutra, not really to convince anyone but because it is rather cool. ;)

"The Bodhisattva of Compassion,
When he meditated deeply,
Saw the emptiness of all five skandhas
And sundered the bonds that caused him suffering.

Here then,
Form is no other than emptiness,
Emptiness no other than form.
Form is only emptiness,
Emptiness only form....."

http://www.fwbo-news.org/resources/heart_sutra.pdf

When does it start getting redundant?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

My religion Islam-its understanding as per Ahmadiyya, hold that the first chapter of Quran is the summary of Quran, and it is very short. I give it here:

The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah الفَاتِحَة

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1

Right? Please
Any question/s from anybody? Please

Regards

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
Well, Druidry and Paganisms are not really "faith" systems, nor do they have any interest in proclaiming themselves to be the "best path." Not really sure how to approach this thread. :shrug:
I'll make an attempt.

Live in harmony with the natural order; observe humility towards your betters; have a true and sincere heart.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My religion Islam-its understanding as per Ahmadiyya, hold that the first chapter of Quran is the summary of Quran, and it is very short. I give it here:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah الفَاتِحَة
[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,
[1:3] The Gracious, the Merciful,
[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
[1:7] The path of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy blessings, those who have not incurred Thy displeasure, and those who have not gone astray.
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1

Right? Please
Any question/s from anybody? Please
I explain below the system of Quran.
The first verse of the first chapter of Quran introduces to two kind attributes of G-d. Even in death one due to very long age when one cannot look after oneself well it is mercy of G-d that one dies.
A point to ponder!
Please

Tabu

Brahmakumari spirituality is about awakening the inner spiritual being who is an embodiment of peace and wants to spread peace , happiness and love .
It is about peeling off the outer layers of body consciousness and revealing the inner beautiful self which is an image of GOD.
Its about cleaning the mirror (soul) so that everything now looks clear and reflects the rays coming from the Sun of Knowledge.
http://www.brahmakumaris.org/meditation/raja-yoga-meditation
One of the beautiful names of GOD we have is " The Purifier " , through meditation we allow The Purifier to work on our souls and rebuild those original pure values.
By realizing and bringing out the pure values from within we believe we can transform the world.
According to BrahmaKumaris , Brahma is the first man , the AdiDev or Adam
and Kumari means daughters , as it is mostly run by women.
Men call themselves BrahmaKumars or can use BKs for both.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, perhaps a related question you might be able to answer would be "what are the best reasons why you choose to believe or practice the way you do, instead of choosing any other path"?

I never got around to answering this, did I? Sorry about that. It's a very difficult question to answer is part of the problem. But I remember when I joined the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids (OBOD), a poster came with the mailings that resonated well with me and provided a good source of contemplation. It captures how the heart of religious practice is about celebration, thankfulness, and developing meaningful relationships with your sacred/divine things. If I were to make a list like this, it might look a little bit different. I might remove a few items, add a few items. But it should suffice:

obod_poster.gif

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

I never got around to answering this, did I? Sorry about that. It's a very difficult question to answer is part of the problem. But I remember when I joined the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids (OBOD), a poster came with the mailings that resonated well with me and provided a good source of contemplation. It captures how the heart of religious practice is about celebration, thankfulness, and developing meaningful relationships with your sacred/divine things. If I were to make a list like this, it might look a little bit different. I might remove a few items, add a few items. But it should suffice:

obod_poster.gif

Very nice!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Very nice!

Thanks! I liked it a lot too... which is why I framed it and stuck it on the wall in my ritual room. :D

It is missing a really big love of mine though, and that's sciences. I guess the sciences are kind of present in the love of many of those other things - after all, if you love the stones, study geology!

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Thanks! I liked it a lot too... which is why I framed it and stuck it on the wall in my ritual room. :D

It is missing a really big love of mine though, and that's sciences. I guess the sciences are kind of present in the love of many of those other things - after all, if you love the stones, study geology!

When I see people such as yourself value these things it gives me great hope of a very bright future for humanity because the only thing powerful enough to destroy hate - is love.

And when we have enough of it in the world, wars will fade and problems seemingly insurmountable will be easily overcome.

I don't care what religion people have or don't have - just having love in our hearts is enough to change this world.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When I see people such as yourself value these things it gives me great hope of a very bright future for humanity because the only thing powerful enough to destroy hate - is love.
And when we have enough of it in the world, wars will fade and problems seemingly insurmountable will be easily overcome.
I don't care what religion people have or don't have - just having love in our hearts is enough to change this world.

Where will one get love if one doesn't believe in the truthful religion? Please
Regards

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Where will one get love if one doesn't believe in the truthful religion? Please
Regards

Love is not a quality found exclusively in one religion. All races, religions, cultures and nationalities know love. The atheist knows love better than the terrorist.

We are all born with the capacity to love. Love is like the sun which shines on all but some choose to live in the shade or a cave.

Love is a universal attribute and does not belong to any race, religion or culture and we are all born with the capacity to love, religion or no religion.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Love is not a quality found exclusively in one religion. All races, religions, cultures and nationalities know love. The atheist knows love better than the terrorist.
We are all born with the capacity to love. Love is like the sun which shines on all but some choose to live in the shade or a cave.
Love is a universal attribute and does not belong to any race, religion or culture and we are all born with the capacity to love, religion or no religion.

Then, what about loving G-d and His Prophet? Please
Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

obod_poster.gif

That's beautiful. I wanted to click Informative too as I never knew what the OBOD practice and believed, if that's the right phrasing. Gosh, it seemed so long ago when you finished your course. How is it going so far living it?