• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

REASONS to not pursue the EEA Route!

HonestJoe

Not my position but I think the main objection is that for the EU to agree to the UK remaining in the EEA, we’d need to accept significant compromise on freedom of movement but that was one of the key reasons a lot of people wanted us to leave the EU in the first place. Similarly, we’d also need to retain a lot of the rules and regulations (without any scope to influence them) that again, a lot of people object to in the first place.

Ultimately I think it’s always going to be a compromise wherever you stand on the issue. It’s just a question of how much of the stuff you like you’re willing to sacrifice to get rid of the stuff you don’t (all veiled in the political lies the continue to surround the whole mess).

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
From where I stand, it sure looks like the UK would be shooting its own foot by not participating on the EEA.

Of course, there was the Brexit vote, so maybe that is what they want. Who needs economic sustainability anyway?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Not my position but I think the main objection is that for the EU to agree to the UK remaining in the EEA, we’d need to accept significant compromise on freedom of movement but that was one of the key reasons a lot of people wanted us to leave the EU in the first place. Similarly, we’d also need to retain a lot of the rules and regulations (without any scope to influence them) that again, a lot of people object to in the first place.

Ultimately I think it’s always going to be a compromise wherever you stand on the issue. It’s just a question of how much of the stuff you like you’re willing to sacrifice to get rid of the stuff you don’t (all veiled in the political lies the continue to surround the whole mess).

Including the political lies you have just demonstrated.

Well the leaders of other planets, apparently. ;)

Do you mean the lizard people?