• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reasons for your theistic mind set?

Segev Moran

There you go sidestepping the real issue again. The real issue was your bombastic claim of:

"the Abrahamic religion, without a doubt, presents the most elaborated and full image that includes in it every aspect of reality as we know it and beyond."
Indeed.
And then when I try debating you about it by pointing out all the insane stuff in the bible
You talked about things in the NT which is not what i was talking about. Christianity is NOT the Abraham religion.
that most of those religions are based upon
What are you talking about? there are only two religions that are based upon it.
How many religions do you think there are? 5 ????
your defense is that you suddenly don't know a thing about it.
Because i kept telling you i talk about the HEBRAIC BIBLE (OT) and you made claims about how delusional Christians are. I can't see a point of talking about Christianity with you as i don't know it enough to answer your claims.
So don't go making wild claims abut things you obviously know nothing about.
Lol. I didn't.
The fact you are impatient or lack the ability to converse doesn't mean i know nothing about this ;)

Segev Moran

Ha, YOU are the one who won't let it go. So enough of your arrogant condemnations, geez... For someone who has to resort to all manner of deceit, you sure are arrogant, but have no right to be.
Lol. what of what i said made me sound arrogant? (you are the one claiming others are delusional, i guess you are not :))
I need to point out a few things however.
Hehe, and i am the one who won't let it go ;)
You denied ever claiming that you said anything about "how the spiritual world works".
No i di'dnt. i denied saying i know EVERYTHING about it.

you said: "But for the benefit of those reading these forums, there IS a big difference between "spiritual" topics and how the entire "spiritual universe" works as was your original false claim that you knew ALL about."

(reasons for your theistic mind set?)
Then when presented with your own words and could not lie your way out of it, THEN you admit you said it, that was soooo funny!
No i didn't, Man. you really should read more carefully.
And now you try turning it around by making up this bit of garbage:

"Please my dear, explain to me, how from the above you understood i claimed:

"I know EVERYTHING about the spiritual world" ????"
See above.
First off, that's yet another classic Christian tactic of picking out "one word" to try getting off the hook of making some bombastic false claim that you have not provided any proof to back it all up.
I assume you met all Christians huh? I assure you many Christians are far more educated and smart than you and me both.
Secondly, go find where you claim I stated that.
See above.
And lastly, you are not worth asking anything because all you do is obfuscate and play all kinds of tricks to avoid backing up anything you state. All I've gotten is a loop te loop runaround.
Cool. That;s the best way for you to learn ;) to assume people know nothing, lol ;)

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Indeed.

You talked about things in the NT which is not what i was talking about. Christianity is NOT the Abraham religion.

What are you talking about? there are only two religions that are based upon it.
How many religions do you think there are? 5 ????

Because i kept telling you i talk about the HEBRAIC BIBLE (OT) and you made claims about how delusional Christians are. I can't see a point of talking about Christianity with you as i don't know it enough to answer your claims.

Lol. I didn't.
The fact you are impatient or lack the ability to converse doesn't mean i know nothing about this ;)

Lol. what of what i said made me sound arrogant? (you are the one claiming others are delusional, i guess you are not :))

Hehe, and i am the one who won't let it go ;)

No i di'dnt. i denied saying i know EVERYTHING about it.

you said: "But for the benefit of those reading these forums, there IS a big difference between "spiritual" topics and how the entire "spiritual universe" works as was your original false claim that you knew ALL about."

(reasons for your theistic mind set?)

No i didn't, Man. you really should read more carefully.

See above.

I assume you met all Christians huh? I assure you many Christians are far more educated and smart than you and me both.

See above.

Cool. That;s the best way for you to learn ;) to assume people know nothing, lol ;)

I can tell from all of your posts that your favorite word is... OBFUSCATE

Because ALL that you ever do is OBFUSCATE your way thru a debate without ever presenting any facts to back up any of your wild claims.

No. but you should never follow laws of other gods (who are the reason for all those crazy rules you mentioned above. the false gods had a men made rules like raping woman, killing children and such. God's laws tried to ease out those crazy rules. Why do you think it is so harsh to follow false gods? because they were nice and kind? nope, because the pagan gods rules were abusive, murderous and far from the truth.
it takes me a while to study and verify what some one says. I am not a talented debator.. What i do is a lot of fact checking and comb for logical falacies. Here is what I see from the above statement.
THe laws in the bible that i pointed out are human laws. God did not make them.
So then the problem becomes that God doesnt say anything other than what was written in the bible. at least not any more. As far as i can tell the bible is the only word he have to understand this god's law. THere may be other texts but as far as i can see the Torah is the first 5 books of the bible. All of those laws I quoted are in the bible from the main character of the bible (God). In the torah even. Do you understand the problem with your case?
Do you remember when Richard Dawkins gave out a discription of the character (God)? He gave 19 very negative descriptors including jealous, vengfull, geniciadal, and insecure. A man by the name of Dan Barker then went on to make a chapter on each descriptor by showing verses that suppported these claims. THey are there. all of them.
So when you try to tell me how wonderful your god is you would need to bring some really strong evidence. So far all I have seen is interpretation and reference to some mysterious texts that most of us dont have access to. I cant fact check these with out extreme jewish bias. (I know. I tried.)
None the less the topic is about why you feel your faith is the right one. You have answered. I thank you. I disagree with your evidence and remain unconvinced however i do thank you for your input.