• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reasons for your theistic mind set?

The bible, when studied correctly is highly supported by the current scientific studies.
I disagree hotly. It is all too easy to find the scientific errors of the bible. It makes more sense to see the bible as a book written by the people of the time with the knowledge of the time.
Biblical scientific errors - RationalWiki
These are detailed in much more depth in the Jewish texts (although they are not called zen nor meditations).
They indeed work wonders, the Jewish knowledge can explain to you why they work (!)
awesome. However, I do believe that the practice of yoga is about 1500 bce. long before the dead sea scrolls. Buhdism was founded about the same time as the dead sea scrolls were written. I have yet to see the bible Mention either practice or their aplications. Maybe other Jewish text might but not the bible. In fact some christians claim that these practices are of the Devil. (it those tight yoga pants):)
You need to follow a very small part of them to understand that it simply is an amazing "knowledge base
Like what?
This is the part that makes me think that you must do mental gymnastics. I dont mean to offend but I have a problem understanding what you are thinking so lets break it down
1) you not a deist. You specifically believe in the god of the bible. Jehova,el,elhiom,yaweh,the name to sacred to be spoken,teragrametan
2) The laws of God are wise to follow.
3) these laws will make ones life better.
If I have this correct (dont want to straw man) then i have a few questions
If I catch two men having sex with each other should I kill them?
If in defending me my wife grabs my foe by the groin should i cut off her hand in appreciation of her help?
Should i kill my son if he tells me he hates me (what child doesnt say that at least once to their parents)?
Is it okay for me to take war captives slaves from other countries? I can keep them in my family forever, Right?
When i do take a war captive woman I believe it says i shouldnt touch her for one month. Right?
If I believe that my wife is pregnant with some one else's child should i have the priest prepare a potion made of temple dust so that she has an abortion (if she is unfaithful)?
If a neighbor of mine comes around and tries to get me to follow his god should i kill him? (who needs freedom of religion?)
I love shell fish. sorry.
If I rape a non married woman can i just pay her dad and keep her? Yes I know i cant divorce her but hey if the sex was good once......
I know this sounds sarcastic but to me when you asked the question of what laws in the bible cound cause atrocities it was hard to keep my emotions in check. Being Vulcan is not easy.
The only reason i can think of that it failed is that you were taught in a wrong way.
Once i understand how to look, i cannot (even if i'll try to) overlook the evidence that is all over
Sadly we are product of our environment. I didnt have the internet in the 80's. now that I do I learn quite a bit.
The Jewish religion has no such claim. I think you simply misunderstanding the words :)
We are not born "broken".
We are born "blind".
We brake ourselves in the way we live our lives.
No it clearly says that all of adam's decendents are cursed to die because of that one fateful bite. To me its just the primitive mind that can imagine immortality with a body that cannot achieve it. This is how it was explained

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Yes, and I think science has overstepped it operations in this regard to things outside the proper domain of science, claiming to know things they don't (and can't).

That's vague.

Like what do you consider science's "proper domain" is or isn't?

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Like what do you consider science's "proper domain" is or isn't?
If they can duplicate results with experiments or build airplanes and bridges, that's science. Things that to me seem outside the domain of science are: events before the end of the inflationary expansion of the universe within the first second of the big bang; various multi-verse views; that consciousness is merely an illusion created by the brain or an emergent property of matter; the minute details of evolution in which they merely make up a plausible explanation and claim this is how it happened.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
If they can duplicate results with experiments or build airplanes and bridges, that's science. Things that to me seem outside the domain of science are: events before the end of the inflationary expansion of the universe within the first second of the big bang; various multi-verse views; that consciousness is merely an illusion created by the brain or an emergent property of matter; the minute details of evolution in which they merely make up a plausible explanation and claim this is how it happened.

I disagree.

What you are stating IS within science's domain.

They evaluate the available "evidence" or lack thereof, and make a THEORY based upon that. And as new "evidence" comes to light, they CHANGE their theory after is verified by peer review.

Now errors will occur, and I've read some conclusions of their "evidence" and their theory has nothing to do with the "evidence", but that's still their right, although not everybody has to agree with it.

Segev Moran

And I already gave a thumbnail outline of how the bible paints a delusional world view, and YOU claimed not to know about much of it. Now you are claiming that "I" need to learn??!!

Seriously??!!

You cannot keep on claiming ignorance on certain aspects of the Christian mythology/bible when it's convenient, then lecture me that I need to learn.

Like you don't even know the part in Revelation where Jesus will rule the "new earth" with a "rod of iron"? Oh boy, we're done!
Yep, were done :)
I am not a christian, I know nothing about Christianity :)
Lets leave it at that :)

Segev Moran

I give up, you cannot even begin to back up any of your claims, all you have is obfuscation.

And the original debating point I was TRYING to have with you was your claim of how the "spiritual universe" works. Now you switch to how just the "spiritual" works, by referring to a spiritually void Genesis mythology.
What is the difference between the spiritual and the spiritual universe? lol. its like saying there is a difference between the physical and the physical universe :) there is none! the physical is what makes the physical universe and vice versa!

Shantanu

What is the difference between the spiritual and the spiritual universe? lol. its like saying there is a difference between the physical and the physical universe :) there is none! the physical is what makes the physical universe and vice versa!
There is something beyond the spiritual and the spiritual universe: the Creator and Preserver.

Segev Moran

I disagree hotly. It is all too easy to find the scientific errors of the bible. It makes more sense to see the bible as a book written by the people of the time with the knowledge of the time.
Biblical scientific errors - RationalWiki
When i say bible i mean the Torah, not the NT.
awesome. However, I do believe that the practice of yoga is about 1500 bce. long before the dead sea scrolls. Buhdism was founded about the same time as the dead sea scrolls were written.
Can't see the relevance :)
I didn't say the Jewish religion invented those ;) I only said they are much more detailed and deep.
I have yet to see the bible Mention either practice or their aplications.
It is mentioned several times but it is called in different name. mainly "Hitbonenut".
Maybe other Jewish text might but not the bible.
Other texts simply explain in more details about what is written.
In fact some christians claim that these practices are of the Devil. (it those tight yoga pants):)
That's a shame. i doubt the devil is behind anything we do :)
This is the part that makes me think that you must do mental gymnastics. I dont mean to offend but I have a problem understanding what you are thinking so lets break it down
I am not offended. Mental gymnastics doesn't sound too bad ;)
1) you not a deist. You specifically believe in the god of the bible. Jehova,el,elhiom,yaweh,the name to sacred to be spoken,teragrametan
Yep.
BTW, it is not too sacred to be mentioned. who told you that? this is not the reason it is not spoken. the reason is it has an affect on the world (based on the belief) that can be harmful if you do not know how to use it.
Its got nothing to do with sacredness.
2) The laws of God are wise to follow.
Yep.
3) these laws will make ones life better.
Yep.
Please note i speak of Gods laws. not what humans try to make of them!
If I have this correct (dont want to straw man) then i have a few questions
Gladly
If I catch two men having sex with each other should I kill them?
No :) Why would you want to do that?
If in defending me my wife grabs my foe by the groin should i cut off her hand in appreciation of her help?
Lol. nope.
Should i kill my son if he tells me he hates me (what child doesnt say that at least once to their parents)?
Nope.
Is it okay for me to take war captives slaves from other countries? I can keep them in my family forever, Right?
Nope.
[/QUOTE]
When i do take a war captive woman I believe it says i shouldnt touch her for one month. Right?
[/QUOTE]
It does say that. but thats not the way God given. its the way God permitted.
You are twisting things i think.
I'll try to explain...

God for example, doesn't allow slavery. It is in contradiction to the most important law God gives us to treat others as equal (and more).
Then, as the human society ALREADY had slaves that were abused and treated as property, God says that if you ALREADY have slave, you must treat him with honor and dignity.
You refer to the restrictions that were given in order to gradually stop the human society acting as they did.
If I believe that my wife is pregnant with some one else's child should i have the priest prepare a potion made of temple dust so that she has an abortion (if she is unfaithful)?
No. abortion is a big no no in God's laws :) it is considered almost as a murder.
If a neighbor of mine comes around and tries to get me to follow his god should i kill him? (who needs freedom of religion?)
No. but you should never follow laws of other gods (who are the reason for all those crazy rules you mentioned above. the false gods had a men made rules like raping woman, killing children and such. God's laws tried to ease out those crazy rules. Why do you think it is so harsh to follow false gods? because they were nice and kind? nope, because the pagan gods rules were abusive, murderous and far from the truth.
I love shell fish. sorry.
Why are you sorry. you can eat whatever you want!
Someone can eat glass as far as God concerns! but the person who eats glass, shouldn't complain that God punished him for eating glass! the cuts in his stomach are the consequence, not a punishment!
You can torture animals and eat them. its got consequences! i think we are all suffering from those consequences already.
Our earth is dying because we think our actions don't affect it. They do! and God warned us about it in the first chapters of the bible.
We were given the ability to rule, not abuse!
If I rape a non married woman can i just pay her dad and keep her? Yes I know i cant divorce her but hey if the sex was good once......
The rules were: Rape a woman... great for you :) lets just kill and torture her and nobody gives a sh!t.
Then they became: Treat others as you treat yourself! love others, care for them...
Obviously, this didn't work as people are fools! so the result was to gradually make the way of life less cruel.
I know this sounds sarcastic but to me when you asked the question of what laws in the bible cound cause atrocities it was hard to keep my emotions in check. Being Vulcan is not easy.
These are not laws. these are "reliefs" of the given rules in order to be able to enforce them on the humans that lived in the past.
Imagine going to a country that beating children is a daily way of life and is considered ok.
One day, you go to them and say, from now, no one should ever bear a child.
Do you think it will be practical? do you really think everyone will in a day change the way they were taught their entire life? nope. so you have God's rules that are mentions in the first chapters. after that it is all reliefs of the orignal laws.
The bible shows us the way humans learned and adjusted to the way they should behave.
The prophecies predict when humans will finally reach that point that we understand God's ways. this is what some call the "messiah".
Sadly we are product of our environment.
Indeed.
I didnt have the internet in the 80's. now that I do I learn quite a bit.
Yep.
(Also predicted in the Bible BTW, not the internet lol, rather the fact people all over the world will be able to learn what happens anywhere else in the world in an instant)

We, humans, are slowly (TOOOOOO SLOWLY) progressing to what we were supposed to be.
The Jewish belief claims we have a due date. If we manage to become good before, great, if not, it will be forced on us (what you might call as the messiah arrival)
I can tell you more about it if you wish. its not what you think (far from what the christian believe ;))
No it clearly says that all of adam's decendents are cursed to die because of that one fateful bite.
It is not really a curse, lol. it was the choice of adam and eve to become mortals. it was said from the start that "eating the fruit" will cause them to die. why is it surprising this was the outcome?
Its like if i tell you, if you smoke 100 cigarettes a day, you swill die! and then you smoke, and surprised you are dying???
And all descendant are affected as we are all descendants of Adam, we get what he did.
The bible clearly and in details explains why we are affected by our parents actions.
(It also teaches how to fix it btw)
But i think we all know that our parents give us what we are. we have the ability later on to change it with a lot of hard work. this is no different when it comes to the non physical.
To me its just the primitive mind that can imagine immortality with a body that cannot achieve it. This is how it was explained
Humans will achieve immortality eventually. (either that or we will destruct our existence).
It is scientifically achievable (as it seems).
And who told you Adam had the same body as we have? his body was changed when he "ate the fruit".

Segev Moran

There is something beyond the spiritual and the spiritual universe: the Creator and Preserver.
Thats not the issue of the post. i replied to someone who claimed i was talking about the spiritual universe and than said that i changed the subject to talk about the spiritual.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

I can see that you have no idea what you are talking about, so debating with you is like trying to debate a little child who is just learning how to write. It's futile.

But for the benefit of those reading these forums, there IS a big difference between "spiritual" topics and how the entire "spiritual universe" works as was your original false claim that you knew ALL about.

Segev Moran

I can see that you have no idea what you are talking about, so debating with you is like trying to debate a little child who is just learning how to write. It's futile.

But for the benefit of those reading these forums, there IS a big difference between "spiritual" topics and how the entire "spiritual universe" works as was your original false claim that you knew ALL about.
Lol... show me please where i wrote i know all about how the spiritual universe works... and please do,, for the sake of the readers, enlighten us with the BIG difference between the spiritual and the spiritual universe.

Shantanu

It was that they are one that makes the other... like the physical and the physical universe.
I was discussing this in the following 'Explain to me why god is real using facts' thread which was rated Informative by @sun rise (sun rise rated your post
clear.png
Informative in the thread Explain to me why god is real using facts.
12:00 PM).

The point is that when the spiritual awakening happens, the Creator and Preserver has decided to influence the physical and the physical universe, something you do not seem to have taken into account.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Lol... show me please where i wrote i know all about how the spiritual universe works... and please do,, for the sake of the readers, enlighten us with the BIG difference between the spiritual and the spiritual universe.

You are one of the worst debaters ever. You make bombastic false claims, then when called out on them, don't have any idea what you are talking about, and even denying your own bombastic claims.

Here's what you stated:

"So far, every ideas and concepts i have red and learned from many religions are all described in detail in the Jewish religion.
I mean that in the sense of explanations how the spiritual world works, not in things a religion asks you to do."

So let's see how you try to weasel your way out of your wild claim.

And here's an important message, DO WRITE IT DOWN, I always copy and paste all the posts I reply to, so that when someone like you denies having made a statement because they cannot back it up, I can show everyone your falsehood.

When i say bible i mean the Torah, not the NT.
okay so I did some study to verify all that you had said. here's what i got
The Torah in the basic sense is the first 5 books of the bible that we all know and love/hate. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
your claim is that these rules are perfect and should be followed for a better life.
you said if one studies it critically then one should come to the same conclusion that the torah is true and good.
I pointed out many of the rules that are, to say the least, bad.
You effectively denied that these rules were intended by the one true god.
So i looked them up and, as i suspected, they are all there in the Torah. not only did i find what i had stated but also others as well.
This is a fact.... full stop.
The other idea that you put forth is that these laws were made in light of the current culture however i have some issues with that idea.
Remember the main character in the bible (torah) is the one true god that created every thing. He then made laws for one set of people to follow. I saw no where that he gave these laws to any one else in so far as the Torah says.
It seems unlikely that the people would not follow these laws IF all of the stories in the bible are generally true.
such as..... God killed every thing and every one on earth except one family due to the world being "wicked " although wicked is not very well defined at that time.
He nuked sodom and gamora because the people wanted to have some angle cakes with out the angle's permission.
He opened up the earth to swallow up some folks that wanted to talk to god with out having Moses intervene. (what is the protestant base for getting rid of the pope now?)
If the Lord they god said "thou shalt not own other people whether jewish or not" I would certainly listen.
The torah is nice to the jewish "servants" but only marginally better to the foriegn slaves as compared to other countries.
No where in the torah does is say not to own slaves or not to rape any one at any time for any reason.
If the latter writings of the bible became more gentle it could be due to a developing sense of empathy in our species. It could also be that the jews had been conquered enough times to understand that empathy might be a good thing to show others. If there was a verse (in the torah) that said some thing like "I gave you this rule because you needed it at the time. now that rule is no longer needed here is the new rule". Then maybe you would have a point. Even so it may just be that empathy and hard lessons took hold of an all too human set of people.
I looked into meditaion in the bible. Yes surprisingly it is there but for the most part is tells you to focus on the torah law. I wouldn't call that really looking inward compared to buhdist meditation and yoga. Still i will admit that it is there. As i said however, this (eastern yoga and meditaion)came about at the same time or earlier.
You are, of course, welcome to what ever interpretation of the torah that you want. For myself, however, I cannot come to the same conclusion that you do in light of the evidence.

Segev Moran

You are one of the worst debaters ever.
But as you point your finger, so far your best argument was that all religious people are delusional :)
I wouldn't say its a great debate from your end also.
You make bombastic false claims, then when called out on them, don't have any idea what you are talking about, and even denying your own bombastic claims.
No I don't. I stand behind each claim i make.
The problem is you are casting your inability to understand what you red and assume other claims.
Here's what you stated:

"So far, every ideas and concepts i have red and learned from many religions are all described in detail in the Jewish religion.
I mean that in the sense of explanations how the spiritual world works, not in things a religion asks you to do."
Yep...
Indeed i did!
"So far, every ideas and concepts i have red and learned from many religions are all described in detail in the Jewish religion."

I'll break it down so we are sure you'll understand what i wrote.
So far: Meaning up until this day.
Every idea and concepts i have red and learned: The things i have encountered in many books and scriptures. articles on the net, lectures on you tube.
From many religion: Hinduism, Mythology, Christianity, Islam and more.
Are all described in detail: There are other texts that describe the same ideas and concepts.
In the Jewish religion: All those other texts are related to the Jewish religion. The bible, texts and articles written ages ago ETC.

The second part:

"I mean that in the sense of explanations how the spiritual world works, not in things a religion asks you to do."

I mean: I elaborate what I've meant when writing "ideas and concepts"
In the sense: In the purview of
Explanation how the spiritual world works: It is just that. this to say not the physical world, rather the non physical one.
Not in things a religion asks you to do: Like wear specific clothes, pray specific words, do specific customs and things like that.

Please my dear, explain to me, how from the above you understood i claimed:

"I know EVERYTHING about the spiritual world" ????
So let's see how you try to weasel your way out of your wild claim.
You are a man of hard words. I really hope you will find a way to improve your vocabulary and pass your ideas in a more civil way. really do.
And here's an important message, DO WRITE IT DOWN, I always copy and paste all the posts I reply to, so that when someone like you denies having made a statement because they cannot back it up, I can show everyone your falsehood.

Friend, I really hope you are having fun :) Two posts ago you told me we are done :) lets assume we are in a disagreement and let each other be.
If you really want to ask questions and really try to learn something, I will gladly chat with you more.

Have a great day :)

Segev Moran

okay so I did some study to verify all that you had said.
Hi. Cool :)
here's what i got
The Torah in the basic sense is the first 5 books of the bible that we all know and love/hate. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
Yep. the names are very different in Hebrew :)
your claim is that these rules are perfect and should be followed for a better life.
Nope. I said that God's rules (in their original form) are perfect. I Also explained down the chain of posts, that the humans that lived in that time had a lot of restrictions that were gradually added to them in order to help them "ease" into those rules of God.
I Also claimed these are not really rules rather suggestions. God doesn't demand anything.
you said if one studies it critically then one should come to the same conclusion that the torah is true and good.
Yep.
Assuming when you say critically, you mean with the correct understanding of the Hebrew words and the meaning of the characters and numbers.
/QUOTE]
I pointed out many of the rules that are, to say the least, bad.
[/QUOTE]
Yep. yet those aren't the actual rules. they are ways to lower the amount of monstrosities humans did back then.
You effectively denied that these rules were intended by the one true god.
Nope. I said they are rules that were a "compromise" to allow humans to slowly adjust and understand the real rules.
So i looked them up and, as i suspected, they are all there in the Torah.
Of course they are! i never said they are not there!
not only did i find what i had stated but also others as well.
Yep. There are many crazy things. for example, it is allowed to eat animals!
This is a fact.... full stop.
It is, yet you are not taking into account the texts prioir to each such rule you encountered.
The other idea that you put forth is that these laws were made in light of the current culture however i have some issues with that idea.
Ok. But just as an example to explain what i've meant:

God never gave permission for humans to eat animals (let alone abuse them).
When humans, again and again, screamed and begged for meat, God gave them (while clearly stating it is a vile thing, and they should pay attention that each time they eat meat its due to their worst treats) permission to eat meat ONLY when it is blessed by specific people and ONLY specific animals that we today know are the ONLY animals (from cattle and such) that suffer the least while being slaughters (according to the kosher way of slaughter)

So here, the rule is you are allowed to eat meat, but it is not the actual rule rather a compromise that humans can handle.
Remember the main character in the bible (torah) is the one true god that created every thing.
Not really a character, but more of a thing
He then made laws for one set of people to follow.
Not quite.
He made laws for all people to follow. only few chose to do that.
I saw no where that he gave these laws to any one else in so far as the Torah says.
If you'll follow the stories, you'll see that the cycle is rather simple.

God gives life and instructs how to live correct.
Humans become more and more rebellious.
God tries to teach again.
Humans act the other way around and face the consequences.
This is pretty much the cycle from then till today :)

You can see in many places that people knew God and knew what his laws are yet they chose not to follow them.
Even Egyptians all knew God and simply believed they have stronger gods.

This is what i mean that you need to study correctly. you can't understand things without understanding what came before them.
It seems unlikely that the people would not follow these laws IF all of the stories in the bible are generally true.
Of course it is.
It cannot be the other way around.
This is also that is explained.
You can find the first reference to this in the first book:

הֲלוֹא אִם-תֵּיטִיב, שְׂאֵת, וְאִם לֹא תֵיטִיב, לַפֶּתַח חַטָּאת רֹבֵץ; וְאֵלֶיךָ, תְּשׁוּקָתוֹ, וְאַתָּה, תִּמְשָׁל-בּוֹ

Genesis: Chapter 4, verse 7.
This verse alone explains a great deal about why humans act against God.

In a nut shell, it means (and this is a very very very very loose explanation) that God explain to Kain, that if he will not act with good and pure intentions, his selfishness will take over and cause harm to himself.
It is also explaining that the human will always have the will to fulfill his own selfish desires yet he have the ability to rule and control it.
This goes into a much more detailed and deep subject that is referenced in many place throughout the bible.

If you'll think about it, you'll discover that you are driven by your selfishness (all of us) which is fine. but if you cannot control it, it will have a great (and bad) impact on you.
If you cannot control your desire to eat, you'll get too fat.
If you can't control your desire to get angry, you'll hurt people.
If you can't control your selfish desires, you will not be able to follow God's rules.
such as..... God killed every thing and every one on earth except one family due to the world being "wicked " although wicked is not very well defined at that time.
Indeed wicked is a very bad word to describe.
The more fitting description is that humans (all of them) were so out of control that they couldn't maintain a life sustaining environment for themselves and for the animals.
Everything became corrupt and contaminated.
He nuked sodom and gamora because the people wanted to have some angle cakes with out the angle's permission.
That's not the reason.
He opened up the earth to swallow up some folks that wanted to talk to god with out having Moses intervene.
Again, not the reason.
And soprry to break your thought :) God didn't actually did it, it was the consequences of the actions. its kind of hard to explain in short, but i will gladly explain it to you if you really are interested in knowing.
(what is the protestant base for getting rid of the pope now?)
What?
If the Lord they god said "thou shalt not own other people whether jewish or not" I would certainly listen.
There is a very important thing you need to know when it comes to Gods rules.
As i stated before (in the Kain issue), which is only a small tiny part of the entire issue, God explains that ANYTHING you do that is not in order to make other feel better, is not the right way.
It is like so from the begging and it was never allowed to hurt any living creature!
Only when humans did hurt people, it was restricted to rules that will make the abuse and hurt much less.
The torah is nice to the jewish "servants" but only marginally better to the foriegn slaves as compared to other countries.
The bible is not nice to any form of slavery.
No where in the Torah does is say not to own slaves or not to rape any one at any time for any reason.
Not specifically maybe.
It is also not saying not to eat children, or kick people in the head.
It is not saying not to have sex with animals or not to to hang people.
there are many things that are not specifically mentioned as they all fall under the rule of treating others with kindness and good.
If the latter writings of the bible became more gentle it could be due to a developing sense of empathy in our species.
We are indeed slowly learning how we should behave :) too slow if you ask me.
It could also be that the jews had been conquered enough times to understand that empathy might be a good thing to show others.
Yep. agreed.
If there was a verse (in the torah) that said some thing like "I gave you this rule because you needed it at the time. now that rule is no longer needed here is the new rule". Then maybe you would have a point. Even so it may just be that empathy and hard lessons took hold of an all too human set of people.
It actually does say that in the prophecies. it is explained that humans will learn that love and peaceful life are what they need to follow and that they will all learn the true ways of God.
I looked into meditaion in the bible. Yes surprisingly it is there but for the most part is tells you to focus on the torah law.
Yes. indeed.
The Torah laws are all about self control, self observation and "love the other".
It might sound weird to you, but all the bible deals with this issue. it is hard to understand it without learning it. I still struggle with a lot of things and have a long way to learn. but as i mentioned, the more i learn, the more i understand how little i understood.
I wouldn't call that really looking inward compared to buhdist meditation and yoga.
These methods are amazing, but are too extreme.
Still i will admit that it is there. As i said however, this (eastern yoga and meditaion)came about at the same time or earlier.
Obviously. it is also mentioned in the bible :)
You are, of course, welcome to what ever interpretation of the torah that you want.
I do not invent anything. i simply follow the given texts and follow the "rules" of the Hebrew language.
For myself, however, I cannot come to the same conclusion that you do in light of the evidence.
I think that without knowing (based on the way you write), you are educated enough to know how one should behave.
This is the important thing. it doesn't matter (In my pov) how you came to that conclusion, rather that you did :)

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Yep, were done :)
I am not a christian, I know nothing about Christianity :)
Lets leave it at that :)

There you go sidestepping the real issue again. The real issue was your bombastic claim of:

"the Abrahamic religion, without a doubt, presents the most elaborated and full image that includes in it every aspect of reality as we know it and beyond."

And then when I try debating you about it by pointing out all the insane stuff in the bible that most of those religions are based upon, your defense is that you suddenly don't know a thing about it.

So don't go making wild claims abut things you obviously know nothing about.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
But as you point your finger, so far your best argument was that all religious people are delusional :)
I wouldn't say its a great debate from your end also.

No I don't. I stand behind each claim i make.
The problem is you are casting your inability to understand what you red and assume other claims.

Yep...
Indeed i did!
"So far, every ideas and concepts i have red and learned from many religions are all described in detail in the Jewish religion."

I'll break it down so we are sure you'll understand what i wrote.
So far: Meaning up until this day.
Every idea and concepts i have red and learned: The things i have encountered in many books and scriptures. articles on the net, lectures on you tube.
From many religion: Hinduism, Mythology, Christianity, Islam and more.
Are all described in detail: There are other texts that describe the same ideas and concepts.
In the Jewish religion: All those other texts are related to the Jewish religion. The bible, texts and articles written ages ago ETC.

The second part:

"I mean that in the sense of explanations how the spiritual world works, not in things a religion asks you to do."

I mean: I elaborate what I've meant when writing "ideas and concepts"
In the sense: In the purview of
Explanation how the spiritual world works: It is just that. this to say not the physical world, rather the non physical one.
Not in things a religion asks you to do: Like wear specific clothes, pray specific words, do specific customs and things like that.

Please my dear, explain to me, how from the above you understood i claimed:

"I know EVERYTHING about the spiritual world" ????

You are a man of hard words. I really hope you will find a way to improve your vocabulary and pass your ideas in a more civil way. really do.

Friend, I really hope you are having fun :) Two posts ago you told me we are done :) lets assume we are in a disagreement and let each other be.
If you really want to ask questions and really try to learn something, I will gladly chat with you more.

Have a great day :)

Ha, YOU are the one who won't let it go. So enough of your arrogant condemnations, geez... For someone who has to resort to all manner of deceit, you sure are arrogant, but have no right to be.

I need to point out a few things however.

You denied ever claiming that you said anything about "how the spiritual world works". Then when presented with your own words and could not lie your way out of it, THEN you admit you said it, that was soooo funny!

And now you try turning it around by making up this bit of garbage:

"Please my dear, explain to me, how from the above you understood i claimed:

"I know EVERYTHING about the spiritual world" ????"

First off, that's yet another classic Christian tactic of picking out "one word" to try getting off the hook of making some bombastic false claim that you have not provided any proof to back it all up.

Secondly, go find where you claim I stated that.

And lastly, you are not worth asking anything because all you do is obfuscate and play all kinds of tricks to avoid backing up anything you state. All I've gotten is a loop te loop runaround.