• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reality and Religion

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Religion is more of an advocate of after life and thus next reality. This reality has no bearing on that advocate. It's the brainwashing secular education since childhood which increases the decline of religion and faith.

Or, is it the brainwashing of false-religious education since childhood......
False clergy often teach 'afterlife ' instead of 'resurrection'. There is a BIG difference.
They teach a person is more alive at death then before death, which I find is a false religious teaching.
Dead people know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5. Know nothing but sleep as Jesus taught at John 11:11-14.
To Jesus the next reality was resurrection as per Revelation 1:18.
Some people resurrected to heaven who have a first or earlier resurrection over most people - Revelation 20:6.
Most people to have a future happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth (John 3:13).
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
A real physical resurrection to take place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth when humble meek people will inherit the Earth as Jesus' promised at Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11, 29.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Insecure people crave a strong father figure to tell them what to do.

Seems to me mankind has ignored a father figure: like God as a Father figure.
God tells us to obey the Golden Rule, and people ( whether secure or insecure ) choose to be independent of God's Golden Rule and independent of Jesus' New commandment to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has as per John 13:34-35.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What on earth is "reality"?

I find the planet Earth itself is our "reality". I find at Psalms 115:16 that God gifted Earth to us.
This is a permanent gifting because as Ecclesiastes 1:4 B says the Earth abides forever.
So, everything on God's created Earth is reality for us.
The Bible also talks of a happy coming reality that there will be healing for earth's nations at Revelation 22:2.