• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reacting and not reacting

Chisti

People often go to extremes. Either they react violently or not at all. By reacting violently, even for the right reasons, we look like the bad guys in the eyes of many. By not reacting, we become doormats and allow ppl to exploit us.

The only solution is the middle path, I guess - nonviolent reaction.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
People often go to extremes. Either they react violently or not at all. By reacting violently, even for the right reasons, we look like the bad guys in the eyes of many. By not reacting, we become doormats and allow ppl to exploit us.

Reacting to what ?

Just because we look like bad guys to a certain group gathered around one fire does not mean we would be deemed as the same by another. Just howl at them from the outer dark beyond their fire.

nnmartin

sounds like 'turn the other cheek'.

now that is fine in theory, but when it leads to being taken advantage of should we not have a more assertive reaction?

one would have thought so in this day and age

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
sounds like 'turn the other cheek'.

now that is fine in theory, but when it leads to being taken advantage of should we not have a more assertive reaction?

one would have thought so in this day and age

I believe the OP said "turn the other cheek" was becoming a doormat, and not the main point of discussion.

chinu

chinu

Very Right. :)
Life is like a balanced boat which can drop into water if just one side become more heavier, but to take this middle path is more than much difficult. :)