• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rastafari The Way of Full Salvation

Rastafari "the way of full salvation" is our faith, and it is the fulfilment of biblical prophecy of God and man. It is to the praise, honour, reverence and glory of God, who has revealed Himself in creation, here on earth and in man.

Taken from *edit*

The Lion of Judah Assembly, London England. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
:namaste Thanks for your Post, I wish there was more Rastas posting here and It's a Language I'd Love to learn more about and engage in it.

:namaste
Hope to see you again,
SageTree

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Spiritual Language of Knowing..... Language of Reverence...

This is what religions and spiritual Paths are to me.

Bless, Noticed the link referal has been moved, problem with that is, it is the point of reasoning for my post, I was careful not to have made it a hyperlink.

So instead a one will have to google Covenant Rastafari and see the results, then forward back to this post and we can reason.

Hail the King.

Thank you Sage Tree for your reply and words of encouragement.

I think the truth of the faith Rastafari" The way of full salvation" is greater than that of what people think. We live in a society in which it is offensive to be absolute, and the understanding of what is true to one is an offense to another, so the world wants us to keep debating but never come to the truth.

PFZKW88

bigbird,

I have a few questions I'd like to ask:

First, what is the holy book of the Rastafari?

Is it possible for to become a Rastafari if you are not black? I ask because it seems to have a highly "afro-centric" tone to it.

PFZKW88 bigbird,

I have a few questions I'd like to ask:

First, what is the holy book of the Rastafari?
Thank you PFZKW88 for your interest, I am glad to be able to answer your questions.
Looking back on my previous post I have made of Covenant Rastafari.
I only know about them, of whom I am also in agreement with and can not speak for any other set of Rastafari individuals or church.

On the Covenant Rastafari web site and on Wiki pedia they write:

+ The Holy Bible is the authority of God's Word, and is completely true, in every recorded statement, every prophecy and their fulfilment and in every recorded act and its outcome from Genesis to Revelation. 2 Tim 3:12-17 | 2 Peter 1:20-21 | John 10:34-36 | Psalm 119:160
+ Faith in the promises and principles of the Bible, together with the grace of God, form His covenant. It is this covenant that Covenant Rastafari have entered into. Heb 11:6 | Matt 26:26-29 | John 6:47-58 | John 3:16

There are Holy Books but there is no other book apart from the bible, as the Emperor Haile Selassie the first wrote "and for my part I Glory in the Bible".

So I would say then that the Holy book for Rastafari is the Bible.

Thank you PFZKW88 for your interest, I am glad to be able to answer your questions.

Is it possible for to become a Rastafari if you are not black? I ask because it seems to have a highly "afro-centric" tone to it.

Covenant Rastafari describe "RASTAFARI" as the Way of Full Salvation.
Taken from their website,
Rastafari "the way of full salvation" is our faith, and it is the fulfilment of biblical prophecy of God and man. It is to the praise, honour, reverence and glory of God, who has revealed Himself in creation, here on earth and in man.
also
Full salvation is believing and receiving the Revelation, Glory and Salvation of God as a done deal.
It is the gift of God to mankind, brought to us by the founder of our faith, our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ; who washed us from our sins in His own blood and has made us ready for this regeneration as sanctified perfect spirit beings.
Covenant Rastafari worship God in Spirit and in Truth, God is spirit and God was revealed reigning in mortal man, in the name and person of Haile Selassie the first.

Again if you see on the Covenant Rastafari web site you will see that the Assembly members are made up of people of different races.

Hope I have answered your questions well, Thank you.

roberto

I ask the following respectfully :

Wasn't "jesus" a guy designed by europeans for europeans ?

Would not Rastafari[ans] call him by some other "african" name ?

I know what the Hebrew Messiah was called that is why I ask.

I mean, putting a Kippa on a Greek's head does not make him Jewish as is putting a mercedes emblem on a ford does not make the ford a mercedes ?

Respectfully.
Rob

Thank you Roberto for your interest, I am glad to be able to answer your questions.

[FONT=&quot]Wasn't "jesus" a guy designed by europeans for europeans ?[/FONT]
His Imperial Majesty spoke often concerning Jesus, he knew who He was, and of whom he spoke, he received God in the name and person of Jesus Christ, of whom he embraced gladly, and so do we who are covenanted Rastafari.

[FONT=&quot]Would not Rastafari[ans] call him by some other "african" name ?[/FONT]
(Covenant) Rastafari call Jesus Christ in His new name and His name is called the word of God, "Haile Selassie the first", meaning “The Power of the Holy Trinity”

Last edited:

roberto

Thank you Roberto for your interest, I am glad to be able to answer your questions.

His Imperial Majesty spoke often concerning Jesus, he knew who He was, and of whom he spoke, he received God in the name and person of Jesus Christ, of whom he embraced gladly, and so do we who are covenanted Rastafari.

(Covenant) Rastafari call Jesus Christ in His new name and His name is called the word of God, "Haile Selassie the first", meaning “The Power of the Holy Trinity”

Thank you for the reply.

Was not Haile Selassie a political leader though ? Is it him you refer to as Jesus Christ ?

Was not Haile Selassie a political leader though ? Is it him you refer to as Jesus Christ ?
Haile Selassie the first is the Lord, Jesus in His Glory and in His Fathers Glory, revealed reigning in covenant in the mortal man.
Please see here for more understanding: the-appearing | Ministry

But should he not have reigned for a thousand years at his second coming though ?
There are a world of views concerning Christ and His second appearing, what we know, is that as of November the 2nd 1930, we see His Imperial Majesty, the second coming of the seed of David in power.

Luke 17:20,21 NKJV
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”
As the mortal man Tafari Makonnen in the grace of the Holy Spirit received "Haile Selassie" to rule, the covenant believer through faith in His name has received Him also. So then God is, and will be glorified in His covenant people, from one generation to another.