• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape under Shariah

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So what is your idea of a solution?
You want me to shut up and by doing that ignore the problem. Is that sound like a solution to you?
Maybe it would help to speak about how evil rape is in general, because as you probably know, there are rape taking place in all societies doneby non Muslim and Muslims alike.

It is not by religion they do it, it is by being wrong in their actions no matter if they are religious or not.

I think some people react to your way of often single out Muslims as your "targets"

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

So what is your idea of a solution?
You want me to shut up and by doing that ignore the problem. Is that sound like a solution to you?
You can stop blaming everything on Islam .. that would be a start.
There are no easy fixes.
Much like climate-change, all these things will take their course.

Raymann

It is not by religion they do it, it is by being wrong in their actions no matter if they are religious or not.
I think some people react to your way of often single out Muslims as your "targets"
You obviously didn't read my OP carefully.
I gave reasons why Islam (Shariah) is different from other groups and its laws allow most rapists to go unpunished.
If you know you can commit rape and go unpunished then what stops you?
Shariah is the law of Islam therefore Shariah is the law of the religion. If Shariah is inefficient to punish rapists then the religion is responsible, don't you think?
Muslims grow up knowing rape is almost impossible to be proven. A tiny minority of these Muslims take full advantage of this fact.
I personally asked a Muslim friend and he told me "No smart Muslim woman would ever accuse a man of raping her because she knows she could end up being stoned to death and the man would in the worst case be lashed or go to prison for a while.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You obviously didn't read my OP carefully.
I gave reasons why Islam (Shariah) is different from other groups and its laws allow most rapists to go unpunished.
If you know you can commit rape and go unpunished then what stops you?
Shariah is the law of Islam therefore Shariah is the law of the religion. If Shariah is inefficient to punish rapists then the religion is responsible, don't you think?
Muslims grow up knowing rape is almost impossible to be proven. A tiny minority of these Muslims take full advantage of this fact.
I personally asked a Muslim friend and he told me "No smart Muslim woman would ever accuse a man of raping her because she knows she could end up being stoned to death and the man would in the worst case be lashed or go to prison for a while.
Sharia favor the male a bit to much yes, women have not gsin their voice like they have in the western world, and as you sldo do say, it is a small %of Muslim men who do raping or harmful actions to others.

What I tried to get through was that maybe not only look at the Muslim world, but look at the world as one, where rape do happen daily, where non Muslims are doing the raping of woman.

You will find that in every part of society people will harm others, also in the Muslim world yes.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
it still serves no good to take it out of context as an Islamaphobe would

First, I agree the OT is horrible.
Second, I think the Quran is much harsher than you're recalling.

But the main point is this one I've copied. To me, you're guilty of soft bigotry here. You're implying that you know better than Muslims what they believe. Now, I *suspect* you're correct. But they are the ones making the bold claim that the Quran is perfect and timeless. Who are you to say "oh, the poor muzzie-wuzzies don't really men it" ?

icehorse

Premium Member
You will find that in every part of society people will harm others, also in the Muslim world yes.

Agreed, but..

It's also codified in the Muslim world, and that makes it worse.

To be fair, what's happening in the US recently is also horrific! :(

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Agreed, but..

It's also codified in the Muslim world, and that makes it worse.

To be fair, what's happening in the US recently is also horrific! :(
I might be in a different state of mind about using religion as an attack or a shield for how we as humans act toward others.
I think to say rape is 100% wrong no matter who do it.

Focusing only on "Muslims do it" that does not lead us anywhere.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Do you wonder why everywhere you find Muslims the rape rate is so high?
There are a few reasons:
The Islamic culture and Shariah are the main culprits.
Every woman who according to the Muslim culture is not properly covered is a target to be raped.
Ask the Swedish girls who now even paint their hair thinking that would help.
She was looking for it, "they would say".
Young Muslims cannot have sex until they get married and they are not even allowed to masturbate.
They cannot have sex with prostitutes either so at some point, they are like loose animals in heat.
Sharia doesn't help either, in fact, makes the problem worst.
Islam makes rape almost impossible to prosecute under its Shariah law and Muslims know it.
Men know it and women know it.
Men know they can easily get away with it and women know they risk prison or even being stoned to death by accusing a rapist.
Thank Allah for that.
Example:
A man arrives home to find his wife being raped.
He catches and takes the man to the police.
The man claims it was consensual sex.
The woman claims it was rape.
The man's word in a court of law is worth twice the word of a woman.
The victim (the woman) has no chance, therefore.
The witness is worthless since both, the victim and the rapist have admitted to having sex.
The judgment is therefore according to Shariah a clear case of adultery (sex outside of marriage).
The woman can pay with her life by being stoned to death.
The man carries a lesser penalty (some lashes and prison)
Thanks again, Allah.

Dear Raymann,

What is your purpose with this thread, please?

Humbly,
Hermit

icehorse

Premium Member
I might be in a different state of mind about using religion as an attack or a shield for how we as humans act toward others.
I think to say rape is 100% wrong no matter who do it.

Focusing only on "Muslims do it" that does not lead us anywhere.

Zooming out past this thread, I agree. This is a world wide problem. But there is an old saying that you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

That said, the Quran is revered by almost 2 BILLION people. Those people chose to put this book in the spotlight and under the microscope. It is completely fair game to challenge every word of it, given its impact on the world.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Zooming out past this thread, I agree. This is a world wide problem. But there is an old saying that you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

That said, the Quran is revered by almost 2 BILLION people. Those people chose to put this book in the spotlight and under the microscope. It is completely fair game to challenge every word of it, given its impact on the world.
To challenge it, you can do :) that has happend from the beginning of time probably about all religious beliefs.

But if you ask all Muslims in the world i think you will find everything from very liberale answers to the extreme answer, and everything in between.

Humans have different ways to understand and live by laws and scriptures.

This isn't an easy topic to discuss.

Raymann

Dear Raymann,
What is your purpose with this thread, please?
My purpose is to create awareness about a problem that all Muslim countries by nature disregard completely and now Western countries do the same for fear of being accused of not being "Politically Correct".
If a study claims that a Muslim is 79 times more likely to commit rape than a European man then the old line applies:
"Huston, we have a problem"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My purpose is to create awareness about a problem that all Muslim countries by nature disregard completely and now Western countries do the same for fear of being accused of not being "Politically Correct".
If a study claims that a Muslim is 79 times more likely to commit rape than a European man then the old line applies:
Do you have a source for your claim that it is the Muslims who rape most?

icehorse

Premium Member
But if you ask all Muslims in the world i think you will find everything from very liberale answers to the extreme answer, and everything in between.

Humans have different ways to understand and live by laws and scriptures.

This isn't an easy topic to discuss.

Years ago I took the time to read the Quran. Then I found two other translations and did spot checking to see if the translation I read was reasonable. It was.

To this day, Muslims have declared to the world that the Quran is their guide. That's a VERY CONSEQUENTIAL declaration.

Honestly, I think that most Muslims probably haven't read the book. I don't think they appreciate what an angry, divisive tome it is.

Raymann

Do you have a source for your claim that it is the Muslims who rape most?
You should know by now that there are no official States statistics pointing out who is committing the rapes.
But there are many studies conducted by private entities that show statistics based on real cases and show in detail who are the people committing the crimes.
Take a look at the following article. It has been written based on many different studies you can check yourself. There are many others like this one where you can get a clear picture of the real situation.

Sweden: Migrant-Background Rapists Make Up Majority of Attackers

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

Dear Raymann,

I think that as you took time to respond to my question, I owe it to you to be frank and let you know that what you manage to make me aware of is:
  • Your strange misuse of the term “nature”.
  • Your willingness to believe that a study that reaches the conclusion that “a Muslim is 79 times more likely to commit rape than a European” holds any merit, despite it not even being able to word its own conclusion without completely muddling up the meaning of terms such as “Muslim” and “European”.
  • The success that anti-Muslim propaganda has had on you.
  • Your use of this platform in spreading anti-Muslim propaganda.

Humbly,
Hermit

Raymann

I think that as you took time to respond to my question, I owe it to you to be frank and let you know that what you manage to make me aware of is:
Bla, bla, bla.
I'm sorry that I wasted your time and mine since you think the information I shared with the forum has an anti-Islamic agenda as the only motive.
Good luck in your pretty pink-colored bubble world where everything flows in perfect harmony.
Keep your eyes shut.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Bla, bla, bla.
I'm sorry that I wasted your time and mine since you think the information I shared with the forum has an anti-Islamic agenda as the only motive.
Good luck in your pretty pink-colored bubble world where everything flows in perfect harmony.
Keep your eyes shut.

You are correct in that I’d rather not have to spend time fighting propaganda and hate-speech.

Unfortunately, you represent too much of a danger to society as a whole, for others to allow you to spread your views unquestioned and unchallenged.

It is the civic duty of decent people to prevent the spreading of targeted hatred through lies and propaganda. We must continue to make the effort to keep commenting on and questioning those who aim to use platforms like ours to spread fear of certain groups.

I hope that your stay with us will be short, but if it is not, I sincerely hope that the users of this platform will manage to pull together and stand firmly, united against you.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The problem is that I don't think any Muslim sect or group would openly claim they don't mind raping kufars (infidels).
So in practice, all Muslim leaders and Muslims, in general, would agree they condemn raping.
The rapists themselves would deny it too, they would be the first to deny it. No thief is ever going to admit he is a thief.
See the rapists are a relatively small group that like any other criminal hides the appearance of being a criminal.
All we know is the number of victims and these victims identify these criminals and in most cases, they are described as Muslim immigrants.
I think what you are doing is illogical here.

You are trying to connect rape to the teachings of Islam, then where the teachings of different brands of Islam reject it you appear to be saying that we should listen to the teachings that accept it and not pay any attention to the ones that don't.

Sure they won't be too open about it outside their echo chambers, but there are means of studying how they interpret relevant verses of the Quran, and as long as you are prepared to sit through some rambling writings you can usually find what their actual teachings on the relevant verses are.

In my opinion.