• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape under Shariah

Five Solas

You didn't understand my point. I know that Muslims are not the only people committing rape.
Probably in all groups of people, races, and cultures, there are those who rape women.
My point is that within the Muslim communities rape seems to be more prevalent than in other groups.
The study I linked tells us that a Muslim from the Muslim community is 79 times more likely to commit rape than a swede man.
Do you understand my point now?
79 times more prevalent to commit rape.
That means 79 Muslims would commit rape by the time 1 European would.
That is significant.
I understood the point.

My comment was to a post by someone else who quoted statistics that implied that rape in certain so-called Christian countries is the highest. That is a wrong conclusion and in my view a malicious conclusion.

Five Solas

It's a lot like Christianity. Some believe the Bible is entirely without error and a solid book of accurate history. Likewise, many Muslims view the Quran the same way.
But not all of them. I'm not saying I know better, I'm saying there are indeed some views espoused by both religions that are not actually based in their holy book.
When people outside know better than the people inside...

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
When people outside know better than the people inside...

Ok, you're a Cristian (sic), and I'm a secular humanist. I declare that about myself as a courtesy to others, so that they can get a sense of what I believe in.

I'd like to think that when someone declares themselves to be a Cristian (sic), or a Muslim, or a Buddhist, or whatever, we can look that up and get a sense of what that person believes.

But of course when I do that, I'm told by those religious adherents that I've got it wrong. So it feels like those folks are not being courteous. It feels like they're hiding what they really believe. :(

Five Solas

But of course when I do that, I'm told by those religious adherents that I've got it wrong. So it feels like those folks are not being courteous. It feels like they're hiding what they really believe.

I follow what you say and I think I understand how you feel about that.

The fact of the matter is unfortunately that many who claim to be Christians might not be. There is also great division because of people inside the church who do not belong there and because of selfishness (big egos) - and a multitude of different reasons. People think they can chop and change Christianity into anything they like.

To get back to the point - orthodox Christianity (not orthodox church) - those who have a living faith in God and adhere to Christian orthodoxy (what we always believed) have no secrets. Our beliefs are in the open for scrutiny by anyone. In fact, it is in the Bible. Anyone can read it.

I'll admit to this, to find true Christianity among the great confusion should be almost impossible for an outsider.

Back to my remark - I detest it when someone tells me what they think I believe or should believe.

Five Solas

Perhaps, but how so?
You said this: "But the main point is this one I've copied. To me, you're guilty of soft bigotry here. You're implying that you know better than Muslims what they believe."

You appear to do the same thing, knowing better than the people inside. So, also soft bigotry...

Five Solas

Do you wonder why everywhere you find Muslims the rape rate is so high?
There are a few reasons:
The Islamic culture and Shariah are the main culprits.
Every woman who according to the Muslim culture is not properly covered is a target to be raped.
Ask the Swedish girls who now even paint their hair thinking that would help.
She was looking for it, "they would say".
Young Muslims cannot have sex until they get married and they are not even allowed to masturbate.
They cannot have sex with prostitutes either so at some point, they are like loose animals in heat.
Sharia doesn't help either, in fact, makes the problem worst.
Islam makes rape almost impossible to prosecute under its Shariah law and Muslims know it.
Men know it and women know it.
Men know they can easily get away with it and women know they risk prison or even being stoned to death by accusing a rapist.
Thank Allah for that.
Example:
A man arrives home to find his wife being raped.
He catches and takes the man to the police.
The man claims it was consensual sex.
The woman claims it was rape.
The man's word in a court of law is worth twice the word of a woman.
The victim (the woman) has no chance, therefore.
The witness is worthless since both, the victim and the rapist have admitted to having sex.
The judgment is therefore according to Shariah a clear case of adultery (sex outside of marriage).
The woman can pay with her life by being stoned to death.
The man carries a lesser penalty (some lashes and prison)
Thanks again, Allah.

How should one judge the grooming of vulnerable white girls in the UK by men of Pakistani origin who are most probably Muslims? Gang rape of young girls is common among these gangs. This had been going on for many years in various places and is apparently ongoing.

Is it religious or cultural?

British-Pakistani researchers say grooming gangs are 84% Asian

I just chose one article at random....

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You said this: "But the main point is this one I've copied. To me, you're guilty of soft bigotry here. You're implying that you know better than Muslims what they believe."

You appear to do the same thing, knowing better than the people inside. So, also soft bigotry...

Not at all, I'm just looking for inconsistencies in their arguments. That's treating them with respect.

Raymann

Is it religious or cultural?
In my opinion is both, "religious and cultural".
The origin is religious undoubtedly.
Why? Because Islam is a man-made religion which is made by an illiterate man who knew nothing about many things and made a compilation of nonsensical principles.
This thread is about rape so let's isolate the reasons why Islam is the problem here.
First of all we have to clarify that Islam penalizes rape with the penalty of death.
That's nice but on the other hand, Islam makes it IMPOSSIBLE to convict a suspected rapist because of the nonsensical Shariah law rules.
I already gave the example of a woman accusing a man of raping her. (this never happens in reality).
In a court of law, the word of a woman is worth only half the word of a man so the rapist is going to deny the charges and the judge has no choice but to believe the man.
Now since the woman already confessed that sex took place then the judge is going to accuse her of adultery (sex outside of marriage) and could condemn her to be stoned to death as Shariah law establishes.
That's why Muslim women never accuse their rapists.
So these are some of the religious laws that enable some Muslims to rape women knowing they can easily get away with it.
Why is it a cultural thing also?
Because Muslims know how to manipulate these Islamic rules and abuse them even though raping is a sin under Islam.
The Islamic culture is very misogynistic and men feel entitled to dictate how a woman should dress and behave and even feel the right to punish those who don't comply with what they consider the "right way".
A woman not properly covering herself could be a target for rape, acid attack or any other punishments.
All these are cultural punishments since these punishments are not part of Shariah.
But make no mistake these things happen in all Muslim societies every day.