• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random questions about attraction

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
1.) Why are men attracted to women that they know would be bad for them, and even women that they would normally hate?
For example, there's this girl that's a republican and a Christian (presumably fundamentalist). And as if that wasn't enough, she also already has a boyfriend. Lately, I've found her very sexy for some reason. She's a nice girl and all, but there's no way a relationship with her would ever work out, even if she was single. Why am I attracted to her? I want to hate her. She's a republican - therefore, she must be scary.
And there's also a girl back at my hometown and my old youth group who I know for a fact is a hardcore Christian fundamentalist, that I liked for a really long time and still think about occasionally. She wasn't even all that attractive (most people would probably think she was ugly, but I didn't think so), but I found her rather attractive for some reason. There was one point where there was hope of a relationship, but her dad crushed any possibility of such, because apparently, holding hands is promiscuous =O. Good thing he didn't see us hugging... :biglaugh: (this was the girl I got my first hug (from a girl) from). Why did I continue to like her even after I knew there was no hope?

2.) Why do teenage, Christian fundamentalist girls have sexy, natual-looking hips? I noticed that about both of the girls I mentioned in my first question. Maybe it's because fundamentalist girls don't bother worrying about their appearance, and thus they don't end up ruining their "fat" hips like a lot of girls do?

There was also another question I had (not about fundies), but I took it out in fear that the tread might be moved to the eros room because of it =/.

Zephyr

Moved on
1.) Why are men attracted to women that they know would be bad for them, and even women that they would normally hate?
For example, there's this girl that's a republican and a Christian (presumably fundamentalist). And as if that wasn't enough, she also already has a boyfriend. Lately, I've found her very sexy for some reason. She's a nice girl and all, but there's no way a relationship with her would ever work out, even if she was single. Why am I attracted to her? I want to hate her. She's a republican - therefore, she must be scary.
And there's also a girl back at my hometown and my old youth group who I know for a fact is a hardcore Christian fundamentalist, that I liked for a really long time and still think about occasionally. She wasn't even all that attractive (most people would probably think she was ugly, but I didn't think so), but I found her rather attractive for some reason. There was one point where there was hope of a relationship, but her dad crushed any possibility of such, because apparently, holding hands is promiscuous =O. Good thing he didn't see us hugging... :biglaugh: (this was the girl I got my first hug (from a girl) from). Why did I continue to like her even after I knew there was no hope?
Hormones! Remember, as a man you have 2 heads, only one of which can really think. Be sure to follow the right head.

2.) Why do teenage, Christian fundamentalist girls have sexy, natual-looking hips? I noticed that about both of the girls I mentioned in my first question. Maybe it's because fundamentalist girls don't bother worrying about their appearance, and thus they don't end up ruining their "fat" hips like a lot of girls do?

There was also another question I had (not about fundies), but I took it out in fear that the tread might be moved to the eros room because of it =/.

Lol, I have no idea where you're going with this one.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Hormones! Remember, as a man you have 2 heads, only one of which can really think. Be sure to follow the right head.
The one that can think is the one attached to my neck, right? :)

Venatoris

Perhaps you have PCS (Project car syndrome)
It is more commonly found among women but not unheard of for men. The bottom line being that you are not attracted to the person as they are currently but you are attracted to the aspects of the person you can change.
"This car is a piece of junk but with a little work it could be awesome!"

Dena

Um. Fundamentalist Christians girls care about their weight and appearance. I grew up with these people and believe me, they are just as crazy as any other teenage girl.

Metalic Wings

Perhaps you have PCS (Project car syndrome)
It is more commonly found among women but not unheard of for men. The bottom line being that you are not attracted to the person as they are currently but you are attracted to the aspects of the person you can change.
"This car is a piece of junk but with a little work it could be awesome!"

Agreed. This is probably part of it.

Plus people often like those who have aspects they don't. It helps make a part into a whole. Although I'm not so sure about the religion part.. xD

And the hip thing? Not all Christian fundamentalists have nice hips. YOu just notice that because you like the two girls. How many other girls of this religion are there?

Thousands upon thousands... xD

Morse

To Extinguish
Agreed. This is probably part of it.

Plus people often like those who have aspects they don't. It helps make a part into a whole. Although I'm not so sure about the religion part.. xD

And the hip thing? Not all Christian fundamentalists have nice hips. YOu just notice that because you like the two girls. How many other girls of this religion are there?

Thousands upon thousands... xD

What if God gave the fundies nice hips? Im sure thats the case.

DarkSun

:eltiT

Not really. He has several heads. One for each femur, one for each tibia, one for each fibular, one for each humerus, one for each radius and one for each ulnar. And probably several other features of bones which could be considered a head.

Then there's the literal "head", wherein the brain is situated... within the posterior, middle and anterior cranial fossae and deep to the cranial bones *. :p

* The cranial bones include: right and left parietal bones, the occipital bone, the frontal bone, the right and left temporal bones, the sphenoid, the zygomatic, the vomer, the ethmoid, the mandible and the maxilla. Am I mssing any?

Last edited:

Humanistheart

"Why are men attracted to women that they know would be bad for them, and even women that they would normally hate?"

I've noticed women do that too, well, not the hate part. But I have a friend who keeps falling for guys who date her for a month then just stop calling her out of no where. I don't know why people are attracted to those that are bad for them, but if you figure it out let me know.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why do teenage, Christian fundamentalist girls have sexy, natual-looking hips?

The sexy hips of fundamentalist girls are the work of the devil, TAL. The work of the devil. I always cross myself when I see hips like that -- and I'm not even religious.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

That's actually a very good question.

I suspect there are many reasons, mostly coming down to ego in one form or another.

The Neo Nerd

The great thing about being a guy is that you don't have to like a girl to have sex with her. Actually not liking a girl has it's upsides. The angry dragon comes to mind.

-Q

DarkSun

:eltiT
The great thing about being a guy is that you don't have to like a girl to have sex with her. Actually not liking a girl has it's upsides. The angry dragon comes to mind.

-Q

DEATH%20NOTE%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2037.jpg

L Says No...