• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raised

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's mythology; a story, just like the stories of Narnia or Middle Earth.

Each Gospel gives a different account, and none of them have any supporting evidence.
Many religions revolve around mythology and folklore, Christianity is no exception. There are stories, by believers. Where are the third-party accounts? Where is the evidence? How is Christian mythology any more reliable than Mayan, Norse or Greek mythology?

Many doctrines change lives. Many are part of major religions. This is not evidence.
You claim a specific myth is believable, but offer no supporting evidence. "God raised Him?" Where is the evidence of that? Why is some magical act by an invisible being "far more believable?"
I believe it is not hat and you have no evidence to support that view.

I believe that is a blessing. It certainly does not detract from the veracity.

I believe none of history has much in the way of supporting evidence. However I believe the presence of the Paraclete is supporting evidence.

I believe this is a logical fallacy. Other religions do not have to be the same as Christianity and yes there are always exceptions.

I believe it is not mythology but is God inspired and accredited by the Spirit of God.

I believe it is because He is still doing it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe it is not hat and you have no evidence to support that view.
It makes fantastical claims. It's full of contradictions and inaccuracies; edits and additions. Its books were cherry-picked and compiled by a committee.
In short: no reason to believe it a factual account, and a great deal to consider it an anthology of folklore and just-so stories.

I believe that is a blessing. It certainly does not detract from the veracity.
How can contradictions, conflicting facts and conflicting accounts not detract from veracity?
I believe none of history has much in the way of supporting evidence. However I believe the presence of the Paraclete is supporting evidence.
What is the evidence for a paraclete? You're pulling facts out of your hat.
I believe this is a logical fallacy. Other religions do not have to be the same as Christianity and yes there are always exceptions.
Logical fallacy???? Not following.
Where did I claim that other religions were the same as Christianity? I'm claiming religious scripture in general is not based on empirical evidence.
I believe it is not mythology but is God inspired and accredited by the Spirit of God.
Why do you believe that?
What evidence supports this claim, the Bible's own claim of divine inspiration? Isn't this a rather circular justification?
I believe it is because He is still doing it.
Miracles? why have I not seen/heard/read this in the news?
Examples, please.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
The verses of " 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 " are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?:
Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible
Why leave Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and take guidance from Hellenist Paul who faked/forged a vision and self styled himself as an Apostle, please, right? Wasn't Paul a hoax, please, as he never was in the company of Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, please, right??
Does one find faults with Yeshua and does not consider him worthy to quote from him for guidance , please? Right?

Regards

You want statements about witnesses of the resurrection to be from Jesus?
Why leave Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and take guidance from Hellenist Paul who faked/forged a vision and self styled himself as an Apostle, please, right? Wasn't Paul a hoax, please, as he never was in the company of Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, please, right??
Does one find faults with Yeshua and does not consider him worthy to quote from him for guidance , please? Right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
It makes fantastical claims. It's full of contradictions and inaccuracies; edits and additions. Its books were cherry-picked and compiled by a committee.
In short: no reason to believe it a factual account, and a great deal to consider it an anthology of folklore and just-so stories.

How can contradictions, conflicting facts and conflicting accounts not detract from veracity?

What is the evidence for a paraclete? You're pulling facts out of your hat.

Logical fallacy???? Not following.
Where did I claim that other religions were the same as Christianity? I'm claiming religious scripture in general is not based on empirical evidence.

Why do you believe that?
What evidence supports this claim, the Bible's own claim of divine inspiration? Isn't this a rather circular justification?

Miracles? why have I not seen/heard/read this in the news?
Examples, please.
I believe life has fantastical things in it. Does that make real life fiction? Besides that it is not so fantastical that an all powerful God can do fantastical things.

I believe what most people consider contradictions have been proven no to be.

I believe the edits are minor and accounted for. I am amazed there aren't more.

I believe the Holy Spirit has a lot to do with that and even so we kept the Song of Solomon which is iffy at best but it gets credit because Solomon wrote it.

I believe none of those reasons alters the fact that it is inspired by God.
Nowhere in the Bible is that even suggested or implied. That comes from your imagination.

I believe that is because the text can be viewed as a whole and on the whole it has the imprint of God's word on it.

I believe I am and thousands of others like me.

I believe the news is biased and you are not in the loop. I have stated one in one of my posts but I doubt you follow me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
paarsurrey said:
The verses of " 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 " are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please, right?:
Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible

Regards

Regards
I believe considering Paul a hoax is about as far fetched as one can get. There just is absolutely no evidence to support that.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe life has fantastical things in it. Does that make real life fiction? Besides that it is not so fantastical that an all powerful God can do fantastical things.

I believe what most people consider contradictions have been proven no to be.

I believe the edits are minor and accounted for. I am amazed there aren't more.

I believe the Holy Spirit has a lot to do with that and even so we kept the Song of Solomon which is iffy at best but it gets credit because Solomon wrote it.

I believe none of those reasons alters the fact that it is inspired by God.
Nowhere in the Bible is that even suggested or implied. That comes from your imagination.

I believe that is because the text can be viewed as a whole and on the whole it has the imprint of God's word on it.

I believe I am and thousands of others like me.

I believe the news is biased and you are not in the loop. I have stated one in one of my posts but I doubt you follow me.
Your belief is based on faith, not evidence or reason. Biblical scholars generally disagree with your assessment.

Ebionite

many prophecies were fulfilled with Jesus and his death and resurrection.
Actually not.

Hosea 6:2 is the best match for the validation text for Luke:

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

The resurrected are Ephraim and Judah, not the Messiah:

14For I [will be] unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, [even] I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue [him].

The Messiah was taken away. Being taken away is consistent with being cut off:

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Ebionite

I’m confused
Here's the prophecy about the actual physical injury of the Messiah:

6And [one] shall say unto him, What [are] these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, [Those] with which I was wounded [in] the house of my friends.

And some verses about Judas Iscariot:

A man shall eat good by the fruit of [his] mouth: but the soul of the treacherous [shall eat] violence.
Proverbs 13:2

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Matthew 26:24

King Phenomenon

Here's the prophecy about the actual physical injury of the Messiah:

6And [one] shall say unto him, What [are] these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, [Those] with which I was wounded [in] the house of my friends.

And some verses about Judas Iscariot:

A man shall eat good by the fruit of [his] mouth: but the soul of the treacherous [shall eat] violence.
Proverbs 13:2

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Matthew 26:24
Still confused

Ebionite

Still confused
That's understandable, the rabbit hole goes deep.

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Revelation 3:7

And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
Isaiah 22:22

22:22

Ebionite

Now I'm confused.... :shrug:

6He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches (ἐκκλησία).
7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

22And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
23And I will fasten him [as] a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
24And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.

69Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
70But he denied before [them] all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
15But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: