• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radical Bible verses

A

angellous_evangellous

You know, I've talked to many people of many different faith's and many athiests over the years but I never once met a person who did not believe God.

Ha!

So do you want the metal or the chest to pin it on?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Here is the most radical verse in all of scripture. I have never seen more Christians reject a single scripture both outright and in practice:

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. NIV

A

angellous_evangellous

Here is the most radical verse in all of scripture. I have never seen more Christians reject a single scripture both outright and in practice:

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. NIV

Is there a radical verse that answers the most pressing question?

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Scuba Pete

Is there a radical verse that answers the most pressing question?

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
We know it is NOT wisdom:

Job 28:12 "But where can wisdom be found?
Where does understanding dwell?
13 Man does not comprehend its worth;
it cannot be found in the land of the living.

14 The deep says, 'It is not in me';
the sea says, 'It is not with me.'

15 It cannot be bought with the finest gold,
nor can its price be weighed in silver
. NIV

I hope that helps!

A

angellous_evangellous

We know it is NOT wisdom:

Job 28:12 "But where can wisdom be found?
Where does understanding dwell? 13 Man does not comprehend its worth;
it cannot be found in the land of the living.
14 The deep says, 'It is not in me';
the sea says, 'It is not with me.'
15 It cannot be bought with the finest gold,
nor can its price be weighed in silver. NIV

I hope that helps!

I don't see how this addresses the question.

Did you see the link?

Super Universe

Defender of God
If meeting online counts as meeting, then you've met at least one: me.

I've never met a person who did not believe God. I didn't say believe in God.

The point I was trying to make is that nothing in the bible is God's word. It's all human idea's. Some of it is revelation. Some of it is not. Some of the revelation is correctly represented, some is incorrectly represented. You decide which.

God does not tell us what to do or what He wants. Whenever God wants something it happens instantaneously.

Scuba Pete

I don't see how this addresses the question.

Did you see the link?
Of course I saw the link. We can be sure that whatever it is that lives in a Pineapple under the sea, it is NOT wisdom. Perhaps my answer was too deep for you? Maybe you were awash in other matters? Even though this thread was about scripture and seems to be in earnest, I sunk to your level and answered it. Sea? Now it's time to tidal wave "goodbye". I would not be surprised to see our dialog ex-spoonged.

A

angellous_evangellous

Of course I saw the link. We can be sure that whatever it is that lives in a Pineapple under the sea, it is NOT wisdom. Perhaps my answer was too deep for you? Maybe you were awash in other matters? Even though this thread was about scripture and seems to be in earnest, I sunk to your level and answered it. Sea? Now it's time to tidal wave "goodbye". I would not be surprised to see our dialog ex-spoonged.

Ah, we were just on a different wave length.