• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quranism is from God

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Quranism is from God in my opinion. Quranists muslims only believe in the Quran. They believe only the laws in the Quran is to be followed. They do not believe in the hadiths. They believe the hadiths can not be trusted. They believe only the Quran is from God.

Any thoughts? What do you think about Quran alone muslims/Quranist/Quranism?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Yes I fully agree. To me only the Quran is the Word of God, not Hadiths or scholars or religious leaders. I read the beautiful Words of the Quran directly and I love it so much.

rocala

A former colleague was a convert to Islam. He told me that in his opinion, that most of the problems of Islam stem from the Hadiths. He said that the Quran alone was enough for him.
At the time I assumed that this was just a one-off. I now see that it is a recognized position. Thank you for posting.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They do not believe in the hadiths. They believe the hadiths can not be trusted.

So they believe in books of God but not Nubuwa or Resalah? Why have Mohammad (S) in the first place, why not just send a book from the sky?

Books of God called to Resalah which is more then Quran per Quran itself. Of course, everything explained of the wisdom can be found in Quran, but that is not to say, we will find it without the explanation and insights from Resalah.

And it calls to even furthermore then Resalah, which is the clear message, but to ask the family of the reminder when we don't know. This has two verses, one about relying on God per Surah Nahl and includes the role of clarifying what is revealed to us, and the second is in context of asking them for miracles and signs in that form.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes I fully agree. To me only the Quran is the Word of God, not Hadiths or scholars or religious leaders. I read the beautiful Words of the Quran directly and I love it so much.

The words of Ahlulbayt (a) are not as beautiful as the Quran, but are more beautiful then words of normal humans and higher and above them. They compliment the Quran and Quran calls to Ahlulbayt (a) and Ahlulbayt (a) call to Quran. This is why the Prophet (s) said "I am leaving you two weighty things, Quran and my family..."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nubuwa is about receiving Quran and channeling it to humanity, but not just Quran words, but what it means at all levels of the journey and all stages of the malakut till the stage of "two bows or closer still". IF anyone can receive Quran words and understand them, we wouldn't need Anbiya, God could just send us books and no need of protected and guided by God leaders that are above others to receive them.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Quranism is from God in my opinion. Quranists muslims only believe in the Quran. They believe only the laws in the Quran is to be followed. They do not believe in the hadiths. They believe the hadiths can not be trusted. They believe only the Quran is from God.

There have been Quran only Muslims on the forum over the years,the problem I find with being from one book and which applies to the abrahmic books in general,Judaism Christianity and Islam is imo outdated and opposite to reality.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There have been Quran only Muslims on the forum over the years,the problem I find with being from one book and which applies to the abrahmic books in general,Judaism Christianity and Islam is imo outdated and opposite to reality.

You bring a good point. Quran doesn't reveal the traffic rules, education, taxes needed in this century, it's silent on these issues. We need a leader from God that sees Quranic light and sees the reality of it and applies it to this world.

Otherwise, Quran itself doesn't have outwardly (inwardly it has all things) the details required for society to function today.

The Quran requires Imam Mahdi (a) in this century and we need to bring him back if we wish Quran to be understood and applied.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you think about Quran alone muslims/Quranist/Quranism?

I think they believe in God's books but it's hard to see what weight they give to God's Angels and his Messengers. The books of God call to the leaders appointed by him, and the kings anointed by him, seems like they are ignoring most of Quran and seeing some trees and missing the forest.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So either the Mahdi Jesus or the Jewish messiah will enlighten us all,as a sceptic I find it hard to believe that that will happen and of course it would usher in the end times.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So either the Mahdi Jesus or the Jewish messiah will enlighten us all,as a sceptic I find it hard to believe that that will happen and of course it would usher in the end times.

There is a Du'a taught by Imams (a):

"O my God make me know yourself for if I don't know yourself, I won't know your Messenger. O my God, make me know your Messenger for if I don't know your Messenger, I will not know your proof. O my God make me know your proof, for if I don't know your proof, I would be lead astray from my religion...."

You have to start with step 1, you can't know step 2 without step 1. But you can use all of them and if you can get to know step 3 it means automatically you know 1 and 2.

So while it seems like you have to go by 1 then 2 and then 3, the converse is:

"If I am guided in my religion, I will know your proof, and if I know your proof I will know your Messenger, and if I know your Messenger, I will know you".

The Imam (a) phrased it the other way, because humans are negative and it would not have been passed on in the converse way.

But what I wrote is the logical equivalent to the du'a.

So if you started researching religion and find the right guidance you will know God's proof and if you do you will automatically at that point know God and his Messenger.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Let me preface this by saying, I know this is all 'faith' and of course, my stance on these things is also faith/belief. So, in no way am I saying anyone is right or wrong.

That said, I find it easy to write scripture (e.g. Baháʼí, Quran, Scientology, Mormonism, etc.) long after the original texts and then plug up any holes in the original plot so the story runs smoother. This is called Apologetics in philosophical terms, authors and movie scriptwriters do this all the time.

This editing process is similar to what is called 'Chinese Whispers' or the 'Telephone Game' which in the studies of Cultural Evolution is termed the 'Transmission Chain Experiment'. It's commonly played where one person creates a sentence and whispers it to the person next to her and that person whispers it to the next and it goes around in a circle eventually coming back to the original whisperer. The sentence always becomes distorted into another sentence and meaning and is not relative to the original sentence meaning.

Now, if we take this paradigm and apply it to the Apologetic Scriptures created by relatively new religions, we find these religions back-peddling in order to adjust the original scriptures to fit a much more pleasing and acceptable script.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The words of Ahlulbayt (a) are not as beautiful as the Quran, but are more beautiful then words of normal humans and higher and above them. They compliment the Quran and Quran calls to Ahlulbayt (a) and Ahlulbayt (a) call to Quran. This is why the Prophet (s) said "I am leaving you two weighty things, Quran and my family..."

As long as it agrees with the Quran it is acceptable. For example, the Imams, I believe were infallible, but not the clergy and scholars.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Also I believe that the parts of the Quran which are clear to all need no interpretation at all. But the parts which are mysterious cannot be interpreted by man, only God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As long as it agrees with the Quran it is acceptable. For example, the Imams, I believe were infallible, but not the clergy and scholars.

That's a condition per their own insights, that it has to be measured to Quran. But they also warned not to deny what we don't know whether Quran confirms or contradicts. The very statement of something not found in Quran is disbelief in Nubuwa and Mohammad (s). Just because we don't see something in Quran, doesn't mean it's not in there, after all it is a clarification of all things pertaining to guiding human and Jinn.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also I believe that the parts of the Quran which are clear to all need no interpretation at all. But the parts which are mysterious cannot be interpreted by man, only God.

Clarity is relative, none of the Quran will actually be clear without help of Ahlulbayt (a) including it's arguments for Tawhid. To understand it's arguments for how we are connected to God and Tawhid, you have to understand the metaphor of God's Name. God's Name is simple and complicated, manifest and hidden, Ali (a) is God's secret that can't be hidden.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Clarity is relative, none of the Quran will actually be clear without help of Ahlulbayt (a) including it's arguments for Tawhid. To understand it's arguments for how we are connected to God and Tawhid, you have to understand the metaphor of God's Name. God's Name is simple and complicated, manifest and hidden, Ali (a) is God's secret that can't be hidden.

What have they to wait for now but its interpretation? (7:50)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Although I view the Holy Quran as being the Word of God, there was a clear need for guidance and leadership of the Muslim community after Muhammad's passing. The two major positions are Shi'a and Sunni. I personally favour the Shi'a view seeing Ali as being guided by Allah.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There is a Du'a taught by Imams (a):

"O my God make me know yourself for if I don't know yourself, I won't know your Messenger. O my God, make me know your Messenger for if I don't know your Messenger, I will not know your proof. O my God make me know your proof, for if I don't know your proof, I would be lead astray from my religion...."

You have to start with step 1, you can't know step 2 without step 1. But you can use all of them and if you can get to know step 3 it means automatically you know 1 and 2.

So while it seems like you have to go by 1 then 2 and then 3, the converse is:

"If I am guided in my religion, I will know your proof, and if I know your proof I will know your Messenger, and if I know your Messenger, I will know you".

The Imam (a) phrased it the other way, because humans are negative and it would not have been passed on in the converse way.

But what I wrote is the logical equivalent to the du'a.

So if you started researching religion and find the right guidance you will know God's proof and if you do you will automatically at that point know God and his Messenger.

In a nutshell,the more I research religion the more I see it as a human invention,for the abrahmic traditions especially so,for the abrahmic faiths there’s not one that shines more than the others and as far as messengers go why would an all powerful omnipresent god need one,just my opinion of course.