• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qu'ran says "black faces" is a punishment from Allah

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What about God's riches before our birth? Was it just or fair for us to have the sun when we never earned it?
Christ's sacrifice had nothing to do with that if my understanding of Christian theology is correct. Or is it?

The fact that God gave us more than what we deserved by creating and sustaining us it reasons that God would always more than reward us for our very weak and negligible actions.

The Bible explains that God gives grace, favor and mercy to all and many, Jesus saying in Matthew 5:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I find that the NT, which answers most any question I can think to ask it, is wonderful and proves itself the Word of God.

Thanks,

Muffled

Jesus in me
Qu'ran 3:106 says:

"On the Day [some] faces will turn white and [some] faces will turn black. As for those whose faces turn black, [to them it will be said], "Did you disbelieve after your belief? Then taste the punishment for what you used to reject."

Anyone care to comment on that?

It seems to me like the right and healthy thing to point out a potentially toxic verse like that from a "sacred text."

If the Pope or Donald Trump taught something like that, everyone would accuse them of an extremely offensive and blatantly obvious "racial slur", and rightfully so, but when it comes from Muhammad (peace be upon him), no one seems to care.

It is exalting the favored righteous as having "white faces" and speaking of wicked, condemned, unbelievers as having "black faces".

How could someone not see the problem with this picture?

It seems to me like the right thing to do to point out something so offensive.

I love Muhammad (peace be upon him) and hope he is in heaven. But it is still the right thing to do, to point out his errors in judgement and teachings (rather than enable them by being silent and passive).

We all have errors in judgement, but when over a billion people adhere to one's teachings, those errors have much worse potential to do damage, and should be pointed out.

I do the same thing with the Bible and "Christians".

There's nothing wrong with letting your conscience be your guide! :thumbsup:

Yes a happy person's face will light up but an unhappy person's face will darken. It has nothing to do with skin color of origin.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Because I took the time to read the entire chapter so I could get that one verse in context.

I read some commentaries on what the verses mean.

I prayerfully considered what the verse might mean.

I believe I don't trust commentaries but they might shed some light on the subject.