• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick question to everyone on here

nPeace

Veteran Member
Do you think subliminal messaging works?I am not sure.:confused: What do you think?
YES Most Definitely.
Ask advertisers. Also google backmasking which is one of those methods still being used today.
I can dig up all the information on this, if you like.
@Orbit do you have that research to hand? Can you link it please? Thanks.

Frank Goad

YES Most Definitely.
Ask advertisers. Also google backmasking which is one of those methods still being used today.
I can dig up all the information on this, if you like.
@Orbit do you have that research to hand? Can you link it please? Thanks.

Yes.I would like you to dig up the information on this.:)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do you think subliminal messaging works?I am not sure.:confused: What do you think?
Nope. If it's beneath our threshold to perceive, we simply don't perceive it.
Those aren't examples of subliminal messaging. Subliminal messaging is supposed to be things that we don't consciously perceive that affect us. Advertising is not subliminal.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Nope. If it's beneath our threshold to perceive, we simply don't perceive it.

Those aren't examples of subliminal messaging. Subliminal messaging is supposed to be things that we don't consciously perceive that affect us. Advertising is not subliminal.
The subliminal message is embedded in the advertisement. That's why it's called subliminal.
As I promised Frank, I'll be back with that information.

In the meantime, here, I will help you out a bit.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...s+experiment&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I was able to immediately spot a hidden subliminal message in this "mind" blowing ad from Burger King:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The subliminal message is embedded in the advertisement. That's why it's called subliminal.
As I promised Frank, I'll be back with that information.

In the meantime, here, I will help you out a bit.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...s+experiment&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
How Subliminal Messages Work
Yet despite these seemingly positive results, subliminal advertising is still seen as largely ineffective. That's because even when it's successful, it's not clear how long the results last. Maybe you'll reach for a Coke within 10 minutes of seeing a subliminal ad, but will you continue to do so the next day, week or month?

Further, some researchers caution that such messages only nudge us to do something we're predisposed to do already. They don't totally change our minds. (emphasis added)
So why doesn't subliminal advertising work so well? There's no consensus on the issue.
Subliminal messaging doesn't work, and you have nothing to fear. And when it doesn't work for advertising, companies don't waste their money on it (especially when the studies show it is highly ineffective).

nPeace

Veteran Member
Why settle for less, when we can have more?
Subliminal Messages: Do They Really Work?
The more opinions we have, the more observe it becomes that some people hide the truth for their own intent, imo.

When it comes to these sorts of things, it always amazes me how "experts" carry out their tests, and then think their results are so correct. Or do they...
tenor.gif

Why admit to something that can compromise such powerful tools? Does a master reveal his greatest secrets?

How subliminal messages works...

A person can only act on what they know.
Take a child for example.... never exposed to sexual stuff.
If sexual images are flashed subliminally at the child, it will not suddenly want to have sex.
The desire would only be there when the child is knowledgeable of these things.
All the subconscious does is see what is hidden, and store it, for however long.
It doesn't make one act.

What we know, and, or desire, is what makes us act.
Hence, we are affected by subliminal messages even though the effects may not be immediate - Enter supraliminal.

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Frank Goad Here is another article.
Today the journal Emotion publishes a study led by Professor Nilli Lavie (UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience), which provides evidence that people are able to process emotional information from subliminal images and demonstrates conclusively that even under such conditions, information of negative value is better detected than information of positive value.

At the end of the day, you have to know for yourself what you believe.
I believe subliminal messages work effectively, and I have evidence it does. I have also personal experienced its effectiveness, and proven for myself, it works.

I believe those who know it does, will not admit it, because it will "put a spoke in their wheel", and limit their use of a powerful tool they use to influence the unwary.
I don't want to go any deeper than what I have given, so do some more research into it, for yourself.

You can also run some experiments yourself, if you have the time. I don't want to tell you what to do though.

@Frank Goad I'm not sure how accurate this one is, so please use with caution. However, it has some good information.
https://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/viewFile/9524/9032

Last edited: