• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick fix to the missing thread filters

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
A lot of people are grieving the loss of our beloved thread filters, the Today's Posts and the two personal filters for seeing threads started by you and threads you've replied to. If you're one of the unlucky ones (like me) who didn't automatically follow all threads you replied to in the old system you're going to have to do a little work to get things more or less back to normal.

So, let's see what we have.

Today's Posts
This one is now found under Recent Posts or New Posts. What the difference between the two is I have no idea. The other one is more... recent?

EDIT: In a way it's actually the direct opposite. New Posts lists unread threads, while Recent Posts lists read and unread threads alike.

Threads started by you
For the time being there is no one click solution to find these. You can however hover your username in the top corner of the site and click the "Your Profile Page" next to your avatar. Next select the Postings tab in your avatar and scroll down to the tiny link saying "Find all threads by [your name]". Yes, it's very cumbersome. Also as I'm writing this our search engine seems to be broken and will return you no results at all, but that's the way to find them nonetheless.

EDIT: Or as Adminstrator pointed out, you can hover your username and click the "Your Content" link in the list.

Threads you've replied to
There is a link in the menu called Watched Threads that may or may not show threads you've replied to. Open the page and next click the tiny link below saying Show all watched threads. If you're one of the lucky, all your threads will be there.

If you're NOT lucky (like me), here's what you have to do. First of all, go to your Preferences and check the option saying "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...". Remember to scroll down and click "Save Changes" when you're done. Next, visit your Postings tab (see above) and you will see a list of all threads you have posted to. In order to transfer these to the new Watched Threads page you can either, 1) write a post in them, or 2) open the thread and click the "Watch Thread" link found to the right below the thread title.

Now you can also change your Alert Preferences to inform you whenever someone replies to a thread you've posted in.

It's not perfect, I know, but it's what we have to go with until the forum overhaul is finished. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. No comment about the existence of God, sorry.

Last edited:

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Threads started by you
For the time being there is no one click solution to find these. You can however hover your username in the top corner of the site and click the "Your Profile Page" next to your avatar. Next select the Postings tab in your avatar and scroll down to the tiny link saying "Find all threads by [your name]". Yes, it's very cumbersome. Also as I'm writing this our search engine seems to be broken and will return you no results at all, but that's the way to find them nonetheless.

Search engine should be fixed now. See this attachment for a better way:

Screenshot 2014-10-30 08.48.45.png