• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

SavedByTheLord

But you're not presenting any credible evidence or argument to show that you're right. You're merely asserting.

And bible quotes are of very limited use when the topic is cosmology, or evolution, or genetics.

Oh, and you didn't get back to me as to whether you think the world is flat as (in the manner I showed you) the bible consistently says it is.
The Bible describes the Earth has hanging on nothing in space and as a sphere that rotates on its axis, which is why there are nights and days on the Earth. It also correctly shows that day and night happens at different parts of the Earth at different times. There are a number of advanced scientific facts revealed in the Bible that have only been discovered in modern times. These also prove that the Bible is true.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am saying that the evolution and billions of years scientists are deceived .
They have a lot more supporting evidence than your claim of magic. They describe observed and tested mechanisms. They explain how.

You claim magic. This explains nothing. It proposes no mechanism, only a mechanic. It answers who, not how.
Your claim is based on mythology and a book of ancient stories and folklore. This is very weak evidence, if evidence at all. Much of it is directly contradicted by hard evidence, yet you fear the rational purport of a disinterested consideration of the question.

SavedByTheLord

They have a lot more supporting evidence than your claim of magic. They describe observed and tested mechanisms. They explain how.

You claim magic. This explains nothing. It proposes no mechanism, only a mechanic. It answers who, not how.
Your claim is based on mythology and a book of ancient stories and folklore. This is very weak evidence, if evidence at all. Much of it is directly contradicted by hard evidence, yet you fear the rational purport of a disinterested consideration of the question.
And what was the first living thing again?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Evolution and billions of years is one of the greatest delusions of all time so that is one of them.
Just read the Bible and it tells what is the truth.
You're preaching, and your faith is based in emotion, tradition, social pressure and ignorance of alternative positions. You have no actual facts or observations backing your faith; no testable evidence.
Well there is no evidence for evolution but God did create Satan who deceives many especially evolutionists.
How can you say there is no evidence? There are whole libraries of observed and tested evidence. Farmers and herders have used the principles of evolution for thousands of years. Evolution has been directly observed both in the lab and in the field.

I don't think you'd recognise real evidence if it bit you in the arse. You clearly don't understand what evolution is or how it works, yet you rail against it with unevidenced claims from a book of folklore.
So the evolutionists have no answers.
Au contraire. It's the religionists have no answers, only unevidenced claims. Claims madeby scientists are based on actual observations, evidence and testing.
Please stop making claims about things you're completely ignorant of.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible describes the Earth has hanging on nothing in space and as a sphere that rotates on its axis, which is why there are nights and days on the Earth. It also correctly shows that day and night happens at different parts of the Earth at different times. There are a number of advanced scientific facts revealed in the Bible that have only been discovered in modern times. These also prove that the Bible is true.
So why were such claims heresy for the Christian believers for a thousand years? The Bible is not clear on this or any scientific subject. You're just conveniently reïnterpreting it in light of currently accepted knowledge.

How do biblical claims that conform to or can be interpreted to conform to current knowledge "prove" anything? The Harry Potter books contain verifiable historical and geographic facts, too. That doesn't prove their stories are true.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And what was the first living thing again?
Define "living."
Complex, self-replication molecules and components of living cells are known to self-assemble by ordinary, indirected chemistry. This is easily observed. They combine to form organic structures that become more and more lifelike. At what point one of these structures can be called "life" is arbitrary.

Why do you ask about the first living thing? I think we both agree that at one point there was no life on Earth, yet now there is.
We agree that, at some point, life occurred. It studies nothing. It's not a research modality. Science studies and tests the mechanisms of this appearance. It seeks to understand how?

Your religion answeres none of these questions. It proposes only a magical agent. So I ask you the same thing: What was the first living thing? Where did it come from? How was it formed? What empirical evidence backs up your claim?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible describes the Earth has hanging on nothing in space
But it doesn't hang suspended from anything. It also describes the earth as resting on pillars.
and as a sphere that rotates on its axis, which is why there are nights and days on the Earth.
The ancients had little to no concept of the earth moving. How could they?
It also correctly shows that day and night happens at different parts of the Earth at different times.
No, it didn't.

I love the story about the Magi following a star by keeping it overhead until it led them to a specific manger. It would be the same effort as keeping the sun in your zenith perpetually by circumnavigating the globe on camel. You would need to traverse the 25,000 or so miles of a near-equatorial latitude circle in 24 hours like the earth does by walking in the opposite direction to the rotation underfoot. I'll let you do the math regarding the velocity needed, and you can also explain the science of knowing when you're in the precise acre under a star and when to stop your 1000 mph dash.
There are a number of advanced scientific facts revealed in the Bible that have only been discovered in modern times.
You've got it backwards. Science informs scripture, not the other way around.
These also prove that the Bible is true.
Au contraire. Science has shown that the biblical writers had no understanding of how their world was formed or how it worked. Spoiler: there were no first two humans and sacrifices and prayers do nothing to end droughts.

SavedByTheLord

But it doesn't hang suspended from anything. It also describes the earth as resting on pillars.

The ancients had little to no concept of the earth moving. How could they?

No, it didn't.

I love the story about the Magi following a star by keeping it overhead until it led them to a specific manger. It would be the same effort as keeping the sun in your zenith perpetually by circumnavigating the globe on camel. You would need to traverse the 25,000 or so miles of a near-equatorial latitude circle in 24 hours like the earth does by walking in the opposite direction to the rotation underfoot. I'll let you do the math regarding the velocity needed, and you can also explain the science of knowing when you're in the precise acre under a star and when to stop your 1000 mph dash.

You've got it backwards. Science informs scripture, not the other way around.

Au contraire. Science has shown that the biblical writers had no understanding of how their world was formed or how it worked. Spoiler: there were no first two humans and sacrifices and prayers do nothing to end droughts.
Actually it does not say that the Earth rests on pillars. Pay better attention. It does say it hangs on nothing.

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. - Job 26:7

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually it does not say that the Earth rests on pillars.
Yes it does. "Fail." "Pay better attention" (I hope you don't mind reading your own words)

The ancient Hebrew cosmology depicts a flat disc-shaped earth resting on pillars above water (the Tehom) with the heavens (shamayim) above, the sky (firmament), earth (eres) in the middle, and the underworld (sheol) below. The "ends of the earth" were the extreme edge of the circular horizon where the vault of heaven - the firament - was supported on mountains.

Here is some of the supporting scripture:

The bible describes a flat earth said to sit on four pillars (1 Samuel 2:8 - The PILLARS OF THE EARTH are the Lords, and he hath set the world upon them). It has four corners (Revelation 7:1 - And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth"), although sometimes it contradicts itself and calls the earth a circle, which is also flat (Isaiah 40:22 - It is He who sits above the circle of the earth).

Scripture also says that the earth does not move (I Chronicles 16:30 - The world also is firmly established, it shall NOT BE MOVED).

Never does scripture refer to a spherical or a curved surface. In fact, it says that the whole surface of the earth is visible from a high mountain (Matthew 4:8 - Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding HIGH MOUNTAIN, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world).

Later, as you noted, scripture contradicts itself again by saying that the earth also hanging (Job 26:7 - He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and HANGETH the earth upon nothing). But nothing there says it moves or isn't flat, and we know today that the earth doesn't hang from anything, although we wouldn't expect such insight from the ancient Hebrews. The ancient Greeks figured that out, but there's was a more humanist philosophy based in reason applied to evidence.

This is ancient Hebrew cosmology in summary (and illustrated):

According to the myth, God created the firmament as a solid dome to protect the flat, circular Earth from the cosmic ocean above it, although we are also told in Revelation about 4 angels standing at the 4 corners of the earth, holding back the 4 winds.

Also above the Firmament was the dwelling place of God (the shamayim). The firmament itself was a solid inverted bowl over the earth which extended down to touch the Earth at the horizon, colored blue from the heavenly ocean above it. The raqia (firmament) had portals to allow for rain.

In the flood story the "windows of heaven" were opened to allow the waters of Tehom to enter through the windows of the firmament when they were opened. And there's mention of "gates" where wind, rain, snow, etc. were allowed in and where in.

1696348875631.png

It does say it hangs on nothing.
Yes it does, and as we know now, that is incorrect.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Why not refute the 5 proofs I have given.
More are coming.
You haven't given any proofs of anything.
Are you sure you know what a proof is?
The Bible predicted these with exact timing in the last days.
When are you predicting that you guys will have the answer to the origin of anything?

Explosion of knowledge in the last days. – Dan 12:4
Explosion in worldwide travel in the last days. – Daniel 12:4

Where does it say that?

4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Population explosion in the last days to the levels of today. – Rev 9:6
Where does it say that?

6 And in those days people will seek death and will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them.
The technology to implement the mark of the beast available in the last days. – Rev 14-16
Where? Be more specific.
The technology to implement worldwide surveillance available in the last days. – Rev 14-16
Where? Be more specific.

SavedByTheLord

You haven't given any proofs of anything.
Are you sure you know what a proof is?

Where does it say that?

4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

Where does it say that?

6 And in those days people will seek death and will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them.

Where? Be more specific.

Where? Be more specific.
Knowledge has been increased. - Daniel 12
Travel and worldwide travel has increased. - Daniel 12
Population has increased - Rev 9

Revelation 2 and 3 is the 2000 year history of the church predicted before it happed.
And even you are a fulfilled prophecy.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Knowledge has been increased. - Daniel 12
Travel and worldwide travel has increased. - Daniel 12
Population has increased - Rev 9

Revelation 2 and 3 is the 2000 year history of the church predicted before it happed.
And even you are a fulfilled prophecy.
Dude, I just provided the wording of each verse. They don't say what you claim.
I asked you to point out where they state what you claim and you just list them again?
Good grief.:facepalm:

SavedByTheLord

Dude, I just provided the wording of each verse. They don't say what you claim.
I asked you to point out where they state what you claim and you just list them again?
Good grief.:facepalm:
I and just showed that they predicted what they clearly said
And yes you did fulfill prophecy again.