• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that believers cannot answer

samtonga43

Ah, so I can only believe in those 4 religions deity. Weird.
What’s weird is that you think I’m telling you what to believe.
Also, your definition doesn't appear to be in the dictionary afaict
Merriam Webster
Definition of GOD
Closest is this: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
But I'm not a monotheist, or Christian, so the definition doesn't apply.
Fine. Did I suggest that it should apply to you?

samtonga43

Not explicitly, but this being the General Debate Forum, it's an implicit assumption. There are discussion forums elsewhere for the non-debates.
So, when you and I offer different dictionary definitions of the word 'God', each of us is assuming that her/his preferred definition should apply to the other?

Is this really what you are saying?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
So, when you and I offer different dictionary definitions of the word 'God', each of us is assuming that her/his preferred definition should apply to the other?

Is this really what you are saying?

In this section of the forum, that tends to be the case, yeah.

Don't like that assumption, post in discussions, not debates. Discussion will treat you as an equal, debate will treat you as an obstacle. (Hopefully)

Last edited:

samtonga43

In this section of the forum, that tends to be the case, yeah.

Don't like that assumption, post in discussions, not debates. Discussion will treat you as an equal, debate will treat you as an obstacle. (Hopefully)
LOL! Sorry, Hammer, I just cannot see you as an obstacle to my Christian faith. That would be ridiculous.