• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions regarding the Book of Iqan

InvestigateTruth

One of the Shia friends (Mojtaba), had asked about the statements from Baha'u'llah in Book of Iqan, that Baha'u'llah refers to some Hadithes, in Bihar, that he cannot find.

These verses are his questions:

#1:

“In the “Bihar” it is recorded: In our Qa’im there shall be four signs from four Prophets, Moses, Jesus, Joseph, and Muhammad. The sign from Moses, is fear and expectation; from Jesus, that which was spoken of Him; from Joseph, imprisonment and dissimulation; from Muhammad, the revelation of a Book similar to the Qur’an." (Baha’u’llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 254)

My reply for #1:

When Baha'u'llah says “In the “Bihar” it is recorded: In our Qa’im there shall be four signs from four Prophets, Moses, Jesus, Joseph, and Muhammad.
In my view Baha'u'llah is not saying, literally One Hadith like this exist in Bihar. He is summarizing a few Hadithes together, and giving a summary in His own statement and saying that this is recorded in Bihar. There are certainly hadithes in Bihar, that shows there are similarities between the Qaim, and Moses, Jesus, Joseph and Muhammad.
He continues by giving His explanation that the similarities are: "The sign from Moses, is fear and expectation; from Jesus, that which was spoken of Him; from Joseph, imprisonment and dissimulation; from Muhammad, the revelation of a Book similar to the Qur’an."

# 2:

"Have they not heard the well-known tradition: “When the Qa’im riseth, that day is the Day of Resurrection?”" (Baha’u’llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 144.)« آیا روایت مشهور را نشنیده اند که می فرماید: «اذا قامَ القائِمُ قامَتِ القیامَة»؟»

My reply for #2:

In my view, in this case also, Baha'u'llah does not mean, literally this Hadith in this manner is written somewhere. He could be referring to a sayings that was never recorded properly.
There are similar Hadithes in Bihar-alanwar, which already posted in another thread, although those Hadithe's chains were not complete, or to be considered a strong Hadith.

To me, it is like, Prophet Muhammad revealed in Quran, that Jesus said, after Him a Messenger comes, whose name shall be 'Ahmad'. I never found such a thing anywhere, but since I believe Muhammad revealed the Word of Allah, that is the truth. Likewise, since I believe Baha'u'llah's knowledge is from God, I believe in His words. In Baha'i View, Baha'u'llah did not study any of these. His knowledge was an innate knowledge, so, He knew any conversations that ever took place in the world.

3.Mufaddal asked Sadiq saying: “What of the sign of His manifestation, O my master?” He made reply: “In the year sixty, His Cause shall be made manifest, and His Name shall be proclaimed." (Baha’u’llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, pp. 253–254)

My reply to #3:

In my view, this was a conversation between Mufaddal and Sadiq. But Baha'u'llah is not saying this Hadith is recorded in Bihar. It might be a conversation that was never recorded, or if recorded, so far I don't know which Book. Maybe in future it can be discovered.

I'm facilitating a study circle on the Iqan right now. It is one of my most beloved books of scripture.

The group I'm studying with grew out of the Ruhi course, and became so attached to each other that we couldn't bear the thought of separation. We began studying various books of Bahá'í scripture in between Ruhi books, beginning with Tabernacle of Unity, then moving to Seven Valleys and the Iqan.

Our particular emphasis has been on the book as a response to Christian and Islamic prophecy, so we are learning more about those faiths as well.

I used to be very active on the Forum back in the day, but life and deadlines got in the way. It's good to be back!

InvestigateTruth

I finally found a source regarding the Hadith that Says, the Qaim appears in year 60.

It is in this Book:

http://www.narjes-library.com/2013/08/blog-post_8976.html?m=1

في سنه الستين يظهره امره و يعلو ذکره

Page 227

SCbkFtt8E3WLM1GR7

Last edited: