• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions For Advaita or Vishishtadvaita Vedanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi500

Ramakrishna was a sage, who may seem eccentric in manner , but is just someone who goes the extra mile in spirituality, resourcefully.

He saw every woman, including prostitutes as the manifestation of the Divine Mother, and saw little children as Krishna , and used to go to samadhi seeing such.

He employed every situation creatively to develop himself spiritually , to the point of being considered eccentric in those times.

Nevertheless, he attained enlightenment , and the Ramakrishna Mission now have branches worldwide , spreading his teachings and working on the material upliftment of the poor.

Last edited:

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
He saw every woman, including prostitutes as the manifestation of the Divine Mother, and saw little children as Krishna , and used to go to samadhi seeing such.
The amount of covering up done is pathetic...:facepalm:
This was his actual opinion of women:
"I am terribly scared of women. I see them as a tigress coming to devour me. Besides, I see large pores [cf. vagina symbols] in their limbs. I find all of them as ogres. If my body is touched by a woman I feel sick. The touched part aches as if stung by a horned catfish" (in Nikhilananda, 1984).

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member

Didn't you hear? According to CC from NYC, not accepting an individual (rAmakR^iShNa) who worshiped his penis as a shivali~Ngam (and who considered swear words as meaningful as the Vedas and the Puranas and was particularly fond of performing japa by muttering the word “c*nt,” going so far as to say that "the moment I utter the word “****” I behold the cosmic vagina, which is mA brahmamayI, and I sink into it") or his shiShya (vivekAnanda), who ate beef, as a sant/guru/AchArya makes one a fundamentalist terrorist! ;)

Edit: BTW, it's funny how neo-hindus from the vedAnta society complain regarding shrIla prabhupAda rightly criticizing vivekAnanda as a rascal for his comments about football (soccer) being more spiritually important than reading the bhagavadgItA, yet when rAmakR^iShNa calls debendranAth tagore (founder of the brahmo samaj cult) a “s*it guru” and his supporters “f*rt disciples,” they never rush in condemnation of him. I guess it's just easier to accuse traditional hindu-s of being fanatical than to accuse new-age "mysticist" hindu-s of being fanatical.

Edit again: Other quotes by him (from sources like the "shrI shrI rAmakR^iShNa kathAmR^ita") quote him stating that he "used to worship the penis of young boys with flowers and sandalwood paste" and couldn't help himself and that "A naked man used to be with me all the time then. I would touch his penis and cut jokes with him. Then I would laugh and laugh. This naked form came out of my own body – the picture of a paramahamsa – like a child."

This is supposed to be an individual who CC claims is one of the "enlightened minds who have reached the end and thus essence of the eternal Vedas" and a "custodian of my religion." Seriously?

What is this?

atanu

Premium Member

Yeah, and vivekAnanda ate beef and encouraged other Hindus to do the same. Just because some neo-Hindu "godman" does something doesn't make it compliant with the shAstra-s. I assume AsArAm bApU-s alleged rape of a 15 yr-old girl was also due to being overcome by "bhakti." After all, he too, is a recognizable Hindu "saint." :rolleyes:

Where do you get such information?

atanu

Premium Member

The amount of covering up done is pathetic...:facepalm:
This was his actual opinion of women:
"I am terribly scared of women. I see them as a tigress coming to devour me. Besides, I see large pores [cf. vagina symbols] in their limbs. I find all of them as ogres. If my body is touched by a woman I feel sick. The touched part aches as if stung by a horned catfish" (in Nikhilananda, 1984).

Can you kindly provide the full reference?

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
What is this?
Stuff that rAmakR^iShNa did. The quotes about pedophilia as well as the "f*rt disciples" comment come from the shrI shrI rAmakR^iShNa kathAmR^ita, which is the same source where I assume Contemplative Cat got the statements about rAmakR^iShNa worshiping his penis.
Where do you get such information?
Which information, the AsArAm bApU one? If you paid attention, I said that it was alleged, not confirmed; he personally denied it. To be honest, I don't know whether he did or not, the matter is still controversial. However, regarding vivekAnanda recommending beef-eating, that's not controversial, although some members from the vedAnta society may like the cover it up. He was a regular beef-eater and self-declared glutton. Beef was one of his three B's: beef, biceps, and bhagavad gItA
Here are some references:
2cyldg5.jpg

2sbon7n.jpg

14dd452.jpg

Can you kindly provide the full reference?
The quote comes from Divine Dowager: Life and Teachings of Saradamani, the Holy Mother By Narasingha Prosad Sil:
jtav06.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.