• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions & Answers

nPeace

Veteran Member
But I made the claim that sin atoning sacrifices don't account for every sin and that there are other methods of achieving atonement without animal (or flour) sacrifice. You asked for an example and I provided.
You weren't aware of it? Okay.

rosends

You weren't aware of it? Okay.
I don't recall saying I wasn't aware of it. In fact, I gave you websites that listed all sacrifices including ones that weren't related to sins. You didn't check them out? You asked, though, for examples of something other than animal sacrifices which atones for sins so I gave an example of that.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't recall saying I wasn't aware of it. In fact, I gave you websites that listed all sacrifices including ones that weren't related to sins. You didn't check them out? You asked, though, for examples of something other than animal sacrifices which atones for sins so I gave an example of that.
Why would you be giving me things I am not talking about?
If I am focused on sin atoning sacrifice, and you give me other sacrifices having nothing to do with atoning for sin, how does that show that you understand?
The only example you gave of sacrifices you claimed were for sin was the one in Numbers... which had nothing do do with sin. Same with all the others.
You believed every atonement related to sin, which is why you gave me that link.
We see that is not the case, don't we?

rosends

Why would you be giving me things I am not talking about?
If I am focused on sin atoning sacrifice, and you give me other sacrifices having nothing to do with atoning for sin, how does that show that you understand?
The only example you gave of sacrifices you claimed were for sin was the one in Numbers... which had nothing do do with sin. Same with all the others.
You believed every atonement related to sin, which is why you gave me that link.
We see that is not the case, don't we?
In post 58 I said that sacrifices only covered some sins and other sins required other means. I offered to provide resources to support these contentions.
In post 60 you accepted, asking for an example.
In post 63 I gave 2 websites with information.
In post 67 you said you didn't know where in the text there is any instance of sins not covered by offerings (which you appear to equate to animal sacrifice...correct me if that's wrong and you accept that there are other offerings besides animals).
In post 68, I gave 2 examples and a website with details.
Your response was that:
1 of my examples was an exception because you decided it was an exception and
the other doesn;t count because it provides atonement but not for sins (whatever that means).

I still have yet to see how "atonement" wouldn't apply to sin when the textual language is identical.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There are a few things I have been hearing which are both new to me, and somewhat puzzling - meaning I don't understand them.
I would like to use this thread to first understand then, and have a discussion about them.
I hope we can share without becoming angry about it.

First, could someone* explain in detail the view that the Paul of the Bible was against Jesus of the Bible.
Second, could someone* explain what is the common view of Jews, regarding what Jesus and Paul said about Jews... as a nation (for example - Matthew 23:37-39 ; Matthew 21:43 ; Acts 13:42-48).

I hope to hear from some of you. Thank you. :)
* not just one, but any amount of persons.

I believe there is no evidence that Paul was against Jesus but certainly Saul was.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello, my brother!

Yes, I’ve heard the first one, too. I’ve never had anyone explain it to me. Maybe you’ll be more successful.

Regarding the 2nd, the common view of the Jews....well, they don’t accept any writings of the Greek Scriptures as valid, so they discard it as of no value. You could say, it’s like the Quran to them.

I believe people tend to accept only the facts that fit their beliefs. I believe I fit my belies to the facts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Judaism believes in an oral law which includes writings that date from before the common era and through that period Mishna | Jewish laws

The gospels present no compelling case for belief. Why would a Christian dismiss the Quran?

I believe Christians have a tendency to dismiss the Qu'ran because there are verses that appear to contradict the NT. I am a Christian who has had those verses explained to me by Jesus and do accept the Qu'ran.

nPeace

Veteran Member
In post 58 I said that sacrifices only covered some sins and other sins required other means. I offered to provide resources to support these contentions.
In post 60 you accepted, asking for an example.
In post 63 I gave 2 websites with information.
In post 67 you said you didn't know where in the text there is any instance of sins not covered by offerings (which you appear to equate to animal sacrifice...correct me if that's wrong and you accept that there are other offerings besides animals).
In post 68, I gave 2 examples and a website with details.
Your response was that:
1 of my examples was an exception because you decided it was an exception and
the other doesn;t count because it provides atonement but not for sins (whatever that means).

I still have yet to see how "atonement" wouldn't apply to sin when the textual language is identical.
You take care, okay.
One last question...
I was reading Nehemiah, about all the Jews that worked hard to rebuild the city's walls.
It is evident their heart was really in it.
Do you think their deviating from God was because they were more convinced of physical things - thing they could see - but lacked faith in the invisible God, and would you consider yourself having a heart complete toward God, and sacred service to him?

rosends

You take care, okay.
One last question...
I was reading Nehemiah, about all the Jews that worked hard to rebuild the city's walls.
It is evident their heart was really in it.
Do you think their deviating from God was because they were more convinced of physical things - thing they could see - but lacked faith in the invisible God, and would you consider yourself having a heart complete toward God, and sacred service to him?
What deviating do you mean? Before that time? After it?
What do you mean "a heart complete toward God"?

rosends

Both before and after. Does not matter.
1 Kings 8:61
The people deviated at different times for different reasons. Trying to sum it all up as due to one cause won't work.

As for me, I try to be "complete" in the sense that the Malbim explains that verse (no doubting God's existence in the world), but am not in the way that the Nachal Sorek does (that both the good temptation and the evil temptation work as one to draw the person closer to God).