• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about Islam

Deidre

Not really, criticizing an idea isn't hate. And Islam is simply an idea.

Then again I was called an enemy of Islam and a servant of Satan. And Islam has committed genocides throughout history with this belief.

And I defended you as I don't believe anyone is an enemy of anyone who simply disbelieves in a particular faith.
So to suggest I would spread hate is inappropriate on your part. Islam doesn't breed hate. People who hate, do.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Would you respect it if say someone became a neo Nazi?

Is there some respectful, gentle way to grab your head and shake it up, Shahz? I swear, I feel like it right now.

Can't you see how rude you are being with Deidre by making that comparison? It is not like she has insulted or been rude to you. Is it so hard to return the favor?

If what you mean is that you fear that she may be approaching dangerous beliefs, fair enough. I somewhat share that worry - although I will also say that I have faith that Deidre will know better than to become that what she was victim of. She seems plenty smart enough.

(No, I am not hitting on you, Deidre. It just looks like I am. I think. Anyway, never mind me. Let's go on.)

The bottom line is that Deidre has told us that she wishes she were not pressured into certain beliefs back in the day. I don't think it is wrong or too much to cooperate with her desire not to be pressured out of/into beliefs now, either.

Besides, if you want to help her and for whatever reason don't quite trust her to deal with the possible dangers on her own, I don't think comparing what she sympathises with neo Nazis is exactly helping your case.

Just to point out the obvious, her perception of Islam is not necessarily similar to others.

MD

qualiaphile
Is there some respectful, gentle way to grab your head and shake it up, Shahz? I swear, I feel like it right now.

Can't you see how rude you are being with Deidre by making that comparison? It is not like she has insulted or been rude to you. Is it so hard to return the favor?

If what you mean is that you fear that she may be approaching dangerous beliefs, fair enough. I somewhat share that worry - although I will also say that I have faith that Deidre will know better than to become that what she was victim of. She seems plenty smart enough.

(No, I am not hitting on you, Deidre. It just looks like I am. I think. Anyway, never mind me. Let's go on.)

The bottom line is that Deidre has told us that she wishes she were not pressured into certain beliefs back in the day. I don't think it is wrong or too much to cooperate with her desire not to be pressured out of/into beliefs now, either.

Besides, if you want to help her and for whatever reason don't quite trust her to deal with the possible dangers on her own, I don't think comparing what she sympathises with neo Nazis is exactly helping your case.

Just to point out the obvious, her perception of Islam is not necessarily similar to others.

The perception of the ideology is irrelevant here if the ideology itself is violent. I don't care if I'm being rude, this is an ideology which has destroyed so much and I am living proof of this. I have more knowledge on this than almost anyone here, and I talking about first hand knowledge.

It is an ideology which is impeding humanity and science and learning.

And this is why you liberals will lose against them because quite frankly you don't have the guts to stand against Islam. You are defending a religion which pretty much advocates for the deaths of homosexuality, and atheists and polytheists and God knows what else.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The perception of the ideology is irrelevant here if the ideology itself is violent. I don't care if I'm being rude, this is an ideology which has destroyed so much and I am living proof of this. I have more knowledge on this than almost anyone here, and I talking about first hand knowledge.

How she deals with the ideology, how much she makes it her own, is very much relevant, no matter how accurate you may otherwise be.

You run the risk of making her unnecessarily defensive and even less questioning of that ideology by comparing it to Nazism.

It is an ideology which is impeding humanity and science and learning.

And this is why you liberals will lose against them because quite frankly you don't have the guts to stand against Islam. You are defending a religion which pretty much advocates for the deaths of homosexuality, and atheists and polytheists and God knows what else.

Of course I am the scum of the Earth and all that, but you are not exactly helping anyone with that attitude.

Deidre

@Saint Frankenstein :

You asked me why did I leave Catholicism? So many reasons but that doesn't mean I still don't see beauty within it. What started it was not being able to reconcile Genesis with evolution, but the RCC will say it accepts it. and that it doesn't contradict Genesis. (It does but that's another story)

But, for me...it is all so man made. The CCC takes precedence over all else it seems and that is man made. Just from a sheer Christianity view, I don't really believe much in the NT...

Gods impregnating mortals was not a new "idea" before Jesus' time and so the notion that a sinless virgin gave birth to a sinless man who would turn out to be the Savior of the world rescuing us from hell due to our own sin...when God was the reason he permitted sin in the first place, is a far fetched story that reads like not even a decent fiction novel.

That's why I left the RCC, in addition to its blatant hypocrisy as an organization, on a number of levels.

The fact it preaches for people to give up everything and follow Christ when it is worth $8 billion roughly, is just one of its hypocritical messages.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
@Saint Frankenstein :

You asked me why did I leave Catholicism? So many reasons but that doesn't mean I still don't see beauty within it. What started it was not being able to reconcile Genesis with evolution, but the RCC will say it accepts it. and that it doesn't contradict Genesis. (It does but that's another story)

But, for me...it is all so man made. The CCC takes precedence over all else it seems and that is man made. Just from a sheer Christianity view, I don't really believe much in the NT...

Gods impregnating mortals was not a new "idea" before Jesus' time and so the notion that a sinless virgin gave birth to a sinless man who would turn out to be the Savior of the world rescuing us from hell due to our own sin...when God was the reason he permitted sin in the first place, is a far fetched story that reads like not even a decent fiction novel.

That's why I left the RCC, in addition to its blatant hypocrisy as an organization, on a number of levels.

The fact it preaches for people to give up everything and follow Christ when it is worth $8 billion roughly, is just one of its hypocritical messages.

I understand. I could probably rebut all those things but this probably isn't the right place for it. I do wonder why you think Islam is a better choice, though, and what you think it can offer you.

Deidre

I understand. I could probably rebut all those things but this probably isn't the right place for it. I do wonder why you think Islam is a better choice, though, and what you think it can offer you.

You can't rebut what I've said with objective facts nor can I prove why Islam is a good path, with objective facts. Thus is faith. It is built on beliefs and they are often subjective. :)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I do not like Catholicism as a concept. It does not have a theological system to promote individuality but instead statism. Islam is not like this and instead the elements of hierarchy and statism are installed into it.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You can't rebut what I've said with objective facts nor can I prove why Islam is a good path, with objective facts. Thus is faith. It is built on beliefs and they are often subjective. :)

You only need to establish the core conceptions of Islam Deidre. This is what counts. Many people realize that elements of it are unnecessary such as Islamic politics and what not