• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question!

Belial

ok i know this may sound kinda stupid. I need someone help me understand what a psychic vampire is. i have read the satanic bible section and have done extensive research on them but cant quite figure it out. plz help

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello! Hope you don't mind me answering this from my own viewpoint, but I figured that the answer might be the same, no matter what the religion of the person answering it.

A 'psychic vampire' is a term applied to the concept that a person can 'drain' the energy of others, whether it be their physical or mental energy. It doesn't always have a spiritual context- most people have at least one person in their lives that they find exhausting and hard to have around. Pagans, at least, usually believe that the person being labelled as a 'vampire' isn't conciously doing this, just that the person is lacking in some energies and winds up doing this without intending to. Then again, there might be a few people who consiously do this, for reasons of power or control over others.

Hope that helps, and that my Satanic friends don't mind me butting into their subforum!

Bishka

Veteran Member
You said it just fine Maggie, I was going to say the same thing.

Although, I don't term it as a psychic vampire, there are just those that are exhausting to be around.

Circle_One

FeathersinHair said:
Hello! Hope you don't mind me answering this from my own viewpoint, but I figured that the answer might be the same, no matter what the religion of the person answering it.

A 'psychic vampire' is a term applied to the concept that a person can 'drain' the energy of others, whether it be their physical or mental energy. It doesn't always have a spiritual context- most people have at least one person in their lives that they find exhausting and hard to have around. Pagans, at least, usually believe that the person being labelled as a 'vampire' isn't conciously doing this, just that the person is lacking in some energies and winds up doing this without intending to. Then again, there might be a few people who consiously do this, for reasons of power or control over others.

Hope that helps, and that my Satanic friends don't mind me butting into their subforum!

:clap Couldn't have said it better myself, Feathers. That's exactly what a Psi Vamp is. I'll just add, that while you're right in the fact that there are many Psi Vamps who don't know they're draining the energies of those around them; just like Sang Vamps, there are many who do this consciously and completely purposely.

Ðanisty

You did a fantastic job Feathers and I have no problem with you answering the question.

Since I've read the Satanic Bible cover to cover at least 3 times, let me say what I feel LaVey is specifically referring to. For the most part, I believe LaVey is referring to those who drain energy intentionally. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that LaVey believes most psi-vamps are aware of what they are doing. Of course, you have to understand that this is the perspective of a very cynical man.

I can give an example of a psi-vamp I've dealt with. She's a former best friend of mine. She always had attention issues and was very needy emotionally. She actively participated in destructive behavior like whoring it out to anyone who gave her a second look, cheating on boyfriends, wasting money on crap when she should pay the bills, always being needed to be rescued from a bad situation, etc. God forbid though I ever needed her to do anything for me. She was always too busy or too upset or some other excuse. She would use my support and never give any when I needed it. She would use my money and never pay me back. She would borrow my clothes and I'd never see them again. If I gave her a birthday gift, without fail she'd forget my birthday. I'd stick my neck out for her and give her a good reference and she'd always screw it up and make me look bad. She went after the men she knew I was attracted to and nearly always succeeded in getting them, using them, and essentially screwing them over to the point that they were emotionally unavailable. She was aware that she could con people into wasting their time and energy on her and they'd keep doing it for years. Once she uses up someone's friendship and generosity, she searches for another victim.