• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

Endless

Hi all :)
Just wondering if i can ask a question to get your point of view on this subject.

I'm wondering how you can be sure that the Qu'ran is the truth from God? I understand Satan to be the great deceiver and you will acknowledge that he has deceived many millions of people around the world, buddists, hindus, christians etc. These people believe with all their hearts that they have found the truth in their religions as do you, many would find fulfilment in their religions as do you - however, how can you be sure that you have not been deceived like these people?

It cannot be because you feel and know it is the truth when you read it - because these other deceived people would truthfully say they feel and know it is the truth.

It cannot be because God has spoken to you and told you this was the truth - because the other deceived people will say exactly the same thing, who is hearing God and who is not? Are you hearing your own emotions and thoughts - or is it really God?

Neither can it be because 'it must be true since my friends, imam etc believe it - because the deceived people will say exactly the same thing.

So my question simply is - how do you know that the Qu'ran is the truth, how do you know that it is not another ploy by Satan to deceive you? What is written in the Qu'ran that could only have come from God, that could never have been written by a man, what is God's fingerprint on the Qu'ran that you should believe it to be the world of God? What is it that separates the Qu'ran from the other religious writings - that mean it could only have come from God?

Thanks

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
*****Just a reminder, this is an Individual Religion forum*****

Discuss Individual Religions Forums Rules and Usage:
8.) Each Individual Religion forum is for that religion's education and fellowship for people who abide by that religion and for discussion within that religion.
9.) We will not tolerate any debate about a religion in its Individual Religion forum, NO OUTSIDE DEBATE OR VIEW POINTS ARE ALLOWED. This rule is strictly enforced. If you wish to debate a certain religion the proper place for that is in the Debates sections.
10.) Asking respectful questions of other religions is acceptable in their Individual Religion forum.
11.) Attacking other religions in these forum is not tolerated. These forums are for education of the Religion or system in the title of the forum and fellowship only, not discounting other religions

Thank you.

Here are some of the scientific miracles in the Qur'an: http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/predictions_index.html

SCIENTIFIC MIRACLES OF THE QUR'AN
nokta.gif
THE COMING OF THE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE
nokta.gif
THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE
THE END OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE BIG CRUNCH

nokta.gif
CREATION FROM HOT SMOKE
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_17.html
MANY MANY MORE........

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear Endless, Do you want us to point out for example why the people in the past believed in Mohammed and the Quran entering to Islam or you mean now, us?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Endless, do you know satan exists?
If yes, did you get that from the Bible?
Is the bible a book?
Do men write books?
In your eyes, are men fallible?
Who is to say that any religious book is not simply the work of satan, or misguided philosophers?

Why can't you just see the peace that that Qur'an is trying to uphold? Have you even read it?

Endless

Hi The Truth,
I'm basically asking the individual the question to get their own opinions - so it would be 'how do you know that the Qu'ran is the truth from God'. Just your own thoughts.

Hi Buttons,
That's exactly my point and the reason i asked the question - i would like the opinion of those who follow the Qu'ran.

Endless said:
Hi all :)
Just wondering if i can ask a question to get your point of view on this subject.

I'm wondering how you can be sure that the Qu'ran is the truth from God?
Endless,

My personal opinion and perspective comes from study of the historic texts. I was raised Christian, but there is such a vast amount of the Bible that is either disputed, rejected, edited, corrected, or hidden, that man has made too many changes for the document to be considered the Word of God. So much so that I question the validity of the text. The Quran, historically, has not been subject to such influence.

Jesus' teachings were altered significantly by Paul, and then further corrupted to suit the political agendas of the late Roman Empire and early Christians. The first Christians, the Gnostics, practiced a different Christianity than what became the standard in 325, CE. Gnostic teachings are largely missing, but some of the mysticism can be found in the Apocrypha. Islamic teachings in many ways "correct" certain portions of the Bible that have been fundamentally altered by man. Islam teaches to worship God as did Abraham, with no intercessors (such as Jesus).

Additionally, Islam accepts scientific teachings to explain how the universe functions. And more importantly, the Quran references to Big Bang and evolution, in words that were written 1300 years before those concepts were introduced into the Western world. Those concepts are still rejected by many Christians today. As one who believes in science, Islam provides philosophical questions for me that Christianity refuses even to address.

Is that perspective conclusive? No. Is it subject to debate? Absolutely. All I know is that I sought truth with an open mind, and God spoke to me through the Quran.

Cheers.
IA-A

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For me, i was raised Muslim. Believe me, you don't know the real islam just because you were raised as a Muslim but you by yourself must work for it and search for the truth or you will end up a Muslim by name as it was the case with me. I studied in schools which teach all what a muslim need in his religion but it didn't make any difference in my life because i already used to it and nothing special about it and it doesn't have that taste when you enter to Islam by yourself (at least for me). I was just trying to pray and fast even my praying wasn't that much, just sometimes.

The change happened when i went to another country where there are many non-Muslims there but not like what was the case in my home. I started thinking about myself, discusing with others about thier faiths, where i'm going, and why i'm a muslim. So, i promised myself to search about Islam and read about all over again to convience myself it's the truth but not because i was raised as a muslim. I was asking myself so hard questions about God and Islam. I wasn't stopping reading in Quran and other sources until i get my answers. I realized, i was no different that any non-Muslim and even worse because i knew the truth but i didn't apply it to my life.

Finally, Thanks to Allah Almighty, he made me reach to the level that i can say proudly with high voice without hesitating that i'm a muslim. Believe me, I never thought this book, Quran which i had since i opened my eyes to this world has all my answers. Sometimes, i was spending many days just reading and searching about only one verse because in every single verse you will find many meanings and miracles for it. I went through many verses and Suras and it was very exciting and i was enjoying it because finally i felt the sweetness of faith which i couldn't feel before.

Just Quran, when you read it deeply, you will discover more and more about miracles and information about God, Prophets, angels, spirits, Jinns, universe, big bang, peace, history, scince, stories, psychology, society, teaching, afterlife, heaven, hell, guidance, darkness, examples, proofs, even information about the future and all what you need whether i mentioned it or i didn't. It's just there. Read Quran with an open mind, be honest with your heart, and definitely, you will find all your answers there.

Peace ... :)