• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

esmith

Veteran Member
In the post about Malala Yousafzai I asked the following question:
I realize this isn't the thread that this question should be asked, but how can the ideas being put forth by the strict traditional mullahs be overcome by education when the militant followers of these mullahs eliminate or attempt to eliminate the reformers?
I received this response:
Then raise it elsewhere.
So, I am asking the question. I know that it is impossible to stop military nor should it be even tried. So, what can be done?

Dingbat

In the post about Malala Yousafzai I asked the following question:
I received this response:

So, I am asking the question. I know that it is impossible to stop military nor should it be even tried. So, what can be done?

Of course it can and this behavior is being shown to be rejected by Muslims around the globe though it is slow in progress. Let me ask you this if they were not afraid of this message this young girl was giving then why attempt to kill her? The reason is education makes a massive difference especially when populations largely illiterate in tribal societies begin to read the Qu'ran and ask questions about it for themselves.

We just saw recently in Indonesia where all Islamic parties fell out of the top 5 parties in the country due to a response to Islamic Radicals within the country attacking people and proposing a barbaric version of Shari'ah. Indonesia is a country with 80% Muslim population and as a whole have lashed against this behavior in favor of a more secular society.

The problem isn't the teachings it is the inability of some to bring these ideas into the modern century and reject odd tribal attachments that ingrained themselves into certain Islamic societies.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
those militants need to be educated! They have not learned of the love of God. If they knew God, they would be merciful and forgiving. It is also their religious teachers who need to be re-educated so that they do not brainwash young minds into committing sins against God.

F0uad

Uhm personally i don't belief that any legitimate Mullahs preaches hatred/war or any offensive violence. I would add to the Indonesia part that the President has made a deal with the Islamic rebel movement finally!

I also don't think Militias has anything to do with Islam since most of Militias are located in South-America. But as Pegg said they have to be educated on values and Islam remember that most Militias only exist because of a poor economy or lack of equal justice.

Dingbat

Uhm personally i don't belief that any legitimate Mullahs preaches hatred/war or any offensive violence. I would add to the Indonesia part that the President has made a deal with the Islamic rebel movement finally!

I also don't think Militias has anything to do with Islam since most of Militias are located in South-America. But as Pegg said they have to be educated on values and Islam remember that most Militias only exist because of a poor economy or lack of equal justice.

Indeed, social instability no matter where will cause the rise of armed militias. It happened in Europe after the Great War and saw the likes of the Fascists and Nazis rise to power yet both groups started off as nothing more than armed thugs.