1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to two different religions that I have heard leave their bodies to talk to jesus

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by Frank Goad, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Frank Goad

Frank Goad Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Religion:
    Officially methodist.But goes back and forth between the idea of the soul with methodism and jehovah's witness.
    I have heard that two religions Eckankar and Gnosticism. Leave their bodies to talk to Jesus.What if it is just demons?:(Were in the bible does it say this is ok?:confused:

2. Skwim

Skwim Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,471
    Religion:
    Agnostic

Yeeaars ago I looked into Eckankar quite closely and don't recall anything of the sort.

3. shunyadragon

shunyadragon Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,228
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I do not believe gnosticism as such makes any such claims. Eckankar on the other hand is, ah . . . weird.

4. leov

leov Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +460
    Religion:
    christian
    you can look up in Heb 5. You train your senses to recognize good and evil - that is give you knowledge that it is not " just demons". That is what Gnostic Paul said. I am not familiar with Eckankar, sounds as something of New Age going out of Sikhism or Hinduism. It is not physica! bidies, but spiritual bodies visiting spiritual world - that is how you know it is true place.