• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question regarding Satanism

F0uad

I have a question regarding Satanism now i always hear the stories that
Satanism is the opp-side of Christianity for example disobeying god, but that Satanism
also sees it like that or does it have a ''other enemy'' Opp-side such as Islam, Judasim.. Or all Religion in general?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Satanism, a "Left Hand Path" (LHP) philosophy and religion, represents antinomianism and rational self-interest. The Satanist is the god of his own will, whereas in christianity, islam, and other white light "Right Hand Path" (RHP) religions the individual self and will is subjugated to that of some other higher power or will. In my religion which is called Setian philosophy or sometimes Setianism (LHP) the Dark Lord Set does not seek servants, but rather equals, those of His own kind. In christianity (RHP) for instance, in order to be "righteous" one must surrender the individual self and will in total obedience to the will of God - God seeks and desires servants. Satanism and christianity are philosophical opposites and are antithetical to one another.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Satanism is the opp-side of Christianity for example disobeying god, but that Satanism
also sees it like that or does it have a ''other enemy'' Opp-side such as Islam, Judasim.. Or all Religion in general?

Sort of goes a couple of ways:

Atheistic Satanists are predominately focused on rationality and individualism. If they practice magic it is merely viewed as ceremony. They believe man creates God basically, and generally it is expressed as hedonism or doing what comes naturally. Most of the focus is on self-improvement, and self-expression. They typically do not believe in afterlife concepts so any blasphemy is merely symbolic. Most of the highly skeptical types reside in this group... If they aren't they lean toward the next.. :)

Theistic Satanists basically are a rather mixed bag. They may view Satan as an impersonal 'dark force' or a very real being. There are a number of 'related' religions for example Luciferians, Setians, Dark Pagans (Hecate, Lilith, and inverse types of Wicca), and Demonolaters. There are a lot of names for Satan throughout history, and generally the choice here is aesthetic. :) They may also believe in a concept of self-apotheosis or becoming a God, or even be self-pantheistic (Satan and I are one, thus I am part of my God) or pantheistic (Satan + Demons/Attending spirits + perhaps even considering a part of themselves in that mix). This process of 'becoming as a God' is viewed in a literal sense, and not really the sense of 'Man creates God'; herein lies the primary difference. In all cases a theistic Satanist of any flavor doesn't conventionally worship a God and typically will spend their efforts manifesting their will into this world rather than praying and begging for things; the focus is more 'devotion/acknowledgement' than spiritual subjugation. Any type of worship basically throws you into the reverse Christianity pile, and once you get tired of the drama you'll be right back at church. There may be some 'prayer like' elements, but it is done in a more familial context not as a slave to the master. Generally, we feel that acting in any other fashion would be not expressing our Satanic nature fully and thus not appreciating what we've been given. :) The spiritual connection here is usually direct, and not something that lends itself to a mass or congregational type environment.

In either case Satanists do not take their cue from Christians, or it's Abrahamic relatives (Islam, Judaism, etc.) on the definition of Satan. For Atheist Satanists it is more a symbol of rebellion, but for the others they use concepts of Satan derived from earlier history. Hebrews basically took the Gods of their enemies and demonized them, and our idea of Satan has nothing to do with that conception but much more to do with our experience and research into the facts on history as time has brought them to the forefront. The only thing that makes us an enemy to Christianity or any other religion is the rejection of blind faith, prophecy, and teachings that contrast fundamental human nature. If one were to assume that humanity, in its base state is 'natural', then anything within that nature can neither be sinful nor wrong. Even the typical theistic Satanist is very rational in approach and even though they may believe in spiritual concepts do not blindly accept them without repeated testing and self-evaluation. The mainstream religions really have no approach that is equivalent at this juncture, and that is why we are generally considered 'Left Hand Path' even though we do not see that a problem.

Last edited:

F0uad

Ok thanks for the replies,

Couple of questions if you don't mind

1. If Satan is then a ''Being'' what kind of ''Being'' is he according to ''Satanism'' for example a Falen Angle like in the bible, or more kind of a Spirit/Jin like in the Quran or more a kind of a God itself?

2. Does the most belief that Devils/Spirits can be summoned and that's how the communication between ''Satan'' and men goes, or is there more to it?

3. Is there for example a Satan-Scripture or something similar like that where the Majority agrees on it.. and if there is can you maybe give me some brief information of the origins of it

4. Do Satan''Followers'' belief in exorcisms and if so what actually takes the body a demon (servant of god) , a spirit or the devil itself

5. Can you also maybe give me information regarding ''Demons, Spirits, And the devil himself'' for example does the ''devil'' have un-naturel servants (demons) do you belief in Spirits and if so are these spirits bad or good.
maybe some detailed information about..

Thanks in Advance,

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Son of Satan
Ok thanks for the replies, so just a question if Satan is then a ''Being'' what kind of ''Being'' is he according to ''Satanism'' for example a Falen Angle like in the bible, or more a Spirit/Jin like in the Quran or more a kind of a God itself?

The Satan has no power or authority in and of himself, rather he must get permission from the Gd, to do anything.
So what do you Think about Gd ? Gd himself not a wise Judge :facepalm:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Basically agreeing with Adramelek here, it isn't about disobeying God, it's about seeking Independence, justice is within one's self.

RHP is about giving yourself up, sacrificing all you have, to a higher power.

LHP is about not giving yourself up or sacrificing for a higher power, because you are a higher power to yourself.

Mostly, they are philosophical opposites, but not completely.

F0uad

The Satan has no power or authority in and of himself, rather he must get permission from the Gd, to do anything.
So what do you Think about Gd ? Gd himself not a wise Judge :facepalm:

Uhm i have a total different approach to that for example i belief that the ''Devil'' was send to test the humans but i was simply asking what ''Satan'' (Followers) belief in.. i am sorry if i tried to imply something :sorry1:

I hope someone is still willing to explain a couple of things

The Sum of Awe

Uhm i have a total different approach to that for example i belief that the ''Devil'' was send to test the humans but i was simply asking what ''Satan'' (Followers) belief in.. i am sorry if i tried to imply something :sorry1:

I hope someone is still willing to explain a couple of things

Do you mean to address this to Satanists that really worship and believe in the Devil and/or Satan?

The Sum of Awe

Yes or something like that, i don't really know the difference between them or ''Satanism''

In some cases, Theistic Satanism tries to oppose the Abrahamic God (specifically the Bible-based Judeo-Christian Deity). It really depends I guess.

Although I'd consider people that believe in that type of Devil as a more of a Rebellious Satanism ( http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/satanism-dir/479-satanism-overview.html )

A lot of theistic Satanists will tell you, though, that they don't believe in the Biblical devil, therefore not really opposing Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, although they can it's not their main purpose.

F0uad

In some cases, Theistic Satanism tries to oppose the Abrahamic God (specifically the Bible-based Judeo-Christian Deity). It really depends I guess.

Although I'd consider people that believe in that type of Devil as a more of a Rebellious Satanism ( http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/satanism-dir/479-satanism-overview.html )

A lot of theistic Satanists will tell you, though, that they don't believe in the Biblical devil, therefore not really opposing Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, although they can it's not their main purpose.

Thank you!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To me the God of the Hebrews is nothing more than a myth derived from other more ancient myths, religions, and cultures. However, I cannot define myself as an athiest because I am convinced of the literal existence of That which I call the Prince of Darkness or Set.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I am not aware of any case when theistic Satanists opposed the 'Hebrew God' -- we don't even believe in it. We consider 'Jehovah' a mock God, or fake invented by humans to enforce control on others. If you believe in the 'Hebrew God' at all you are a reverse Christian; merely inverting their teachings -- you have to believe in their 'God' at that point or that act doesn't mean anything. I never believed in said 'God' even when having it crammed down my throat as a youth.

Most of us naturally have some anti-Christian element to our practices to reject our upbringing and reinforce our ideology. It has little to do with the validity of the false God, his imaginary son, fake prophets, or the conveniently located Gideon's bible toilet paper located in every hotel. Its merely a self-cleansing process and rejection and not done to spite anyone else. Other than that use we really do not take the mythological 'Hebrew God' as something that ever existed.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

I am not aware of any case when theistic Satanists opposed the 'Hebrew God' -- we don't even believe in it. We consider 'Jehovah' a mock God, or fake invented by humans to enforce control on others. If you believe in the 'Hebrew God' at all you are a reverse Christian; merely inverting their teachings -- you have to believe in their 'God' at that point or that act doesn't mean anything. I never believed in said 'God' even when having it crammed down my throat as a youth.

Most of us naturally have some anti-Christian element to our practices to reject our upbringing and reinforce our ideology. It has little to do with the validity of the false God, his imaginary son, fake prophets, or the conveniently located Gideon's bible toilet paper located in every hotel. Its merely a self-cleansing process and rejection and not done to spite anyone else. Other than that use we really do not take the mythological 'Hebrew God' as something that ever existed.

Not all theistic satanists are the same, as I said, because it is such a broad term.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well there is Theistic Satanism and then there is Devil Worship. I am not sure if this is raising confusion. Theistic Satanism is a form of Satanism whereas Devil Worshiping is a form of Christianity.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Satanism is a tricky thing.

Satan literally means Opposition/Adversary.

So with that being said, there really is no "theistic" or "atheistic" Satanist, there just is...the Satanist.

We can call ourselves Devil worshippers and we can have Christians call us that but in the end we are what the formula dictates.

We are Christians as much as we are harmful bacteria and we are Satanists as much as we oppose the choices of others that lay claim to a label that I take unto myself.

I oppose and disagree with plenty of Satanists and I agree and compliment many Christians as well as Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists. The list is pretty endless, its all subject to how competent the individual is and not what he believes. Which like I said, can be a tricky and misleading thing...competence.

The Sum of Awe

Well there is Theistic Satanism and then there is Devil Worship. I am not sure if this is raising confusion. Theistic Satanism is a form of Satanism whereas Devil Worshiping is a form of Christianity.

-disagrees peacefully-

Wouldn't Devil worship be a form of Theistic Satanism by definition? IIRC, what is required to be a "Christian" religion, even as an unagreed term, many Christians will agree that it takes more than just belief in Jesus and God, but faith and hope in them.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
-disagrees peacefully-

Wouldn't Devil worship be a form of Theistic Satanism by definition? IIRC, what is required to be a "Christian" religion, even as an unagreed term, many Christians will agree that it takes more than just belief in Jesus and God, but faith and hope in them.

I would just like to add that Satanists of any flavor do not 'worship' in the sense of the Christian slave-master relationship. If you do you are not a Satanist of any type _PERIOD_ regardless of whether or not you call your god Satan. There is no exceptions to this rule and that applies to all theistic Satanists unequivocally.

The word 'worship' mean to love, devote yourself to, and respect something. One can worship something and have no faith or belief in it. So properly a theistic Satanist worships Satan, but not according to the Christian conception of the word. There is no mental slavery, dogma, or fictional mythology that need to be accepted. The only difference as to whether a Satanist is an atheist, agnostic, or theistic type is generally their level of spiritual inclination and skepticism. Since many of us have no qualms about exploring the occult that has more to do with our perception than any dogma per Se. Some people reject those experiences, and others seek them -- que sera, sera. I started an atheist and grew to become a theist, but only because atheism couldn't explain my experiences. :)

'Faith' means complete trust, and loyalty. Any Satanist simply doesn't have any faith at all other than what their experience warrants. Christians tie faith and worship into one concept. They are not interchangeable at least if understand the definitions of the words. As a theistic Satanist I still have a very 'scientific approach' to religion -- I have come where I am based on my journey not some fairy tale written two-thousand years ago. Nothing you could tell me, or anyone else for that matter would be believed; though it may be filed away and evaluated. :D I am not believing you if I agree with you either, but rather I may have come to the same conclusion through my travels. Whenever someone tells you 'trust me' you should probably be ready deception; such is the case with these spiritually repressive mainstream religions.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

I would just like to add that Satanists of any flavor do not 'worship' in the sense of the Christian slave-master relationship. If you do you are not a Satanist of any type _PERIOD_ regardless of whether or not you call your god Satan. There is no exceptions to this rule and that applies to all theistic Satanists unequivocally.

I agree you're not an LHPer if you do, but I disagree you're not a Satanist of any type.

The word 'worship' mean to love, devote yourself to, and respect something. One can worship something and have no faith or belief in it. So properly a theistic Satanist worships Satan, but not according to the Christian conception of the word. There is no mental slavery, dogma, or fictional mythology that need to be accepted. The only difference as to whether a Satanist is an atheist, agnostic, or theistic type is generally their level of spiritual inclination and skepticism. Since many of us have no qualms about exploring the occult that has more to do with our perception than any dogma per Se. Some people reject those experiences, and others seek them -- que sera, sera. I started an atheist and grew to become a theist, but only because atheism couldn't explain my experiences. :)

'Faith' means complete trust, and loyalty. Any Satanist simply doesn't have any faith at all other than what their experience warrants. Christians tie faith and worship into one concept. They are not interchangeable at least if understand the definitions of the words.
Semantics are not as fun anymore.

As a theistic Satanist I still have a very 'scientific approach' to religion -- I have come where I am based on my journey not some fairy tale written two-thousand years ago. Nothing you could tell me, or anyone else for that matter would be believed; though it may be filed away and evaluated. :D I am not believing you if I agree with you either, but rather I may have come to the same conclusion through my travels. Whenever someone tells you 'trust me' you should probably be ready deception; such is the case with these spiritually repressive mainstream religions.

Theistic Satanism is a very broad term, don't think it's just one religion, there are many different beliefs under this label.