• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question on Caste System vs Varna System?

I just want to know how can one find his/her VARNA? I dont believe that one should just select his VARNA based on caste/birth.

If I were to ask you what Varna you belong to, how would you answer?

your inherent GUNAS should select your Karma and according to those Karma, your Varna can be selected. But people dont follow Karma according to their Gunas. As todays politicians are more like Shudras by their gunas.

Since currently i am a student, what Varna would I be in currently? or Should the person wait till adulthood to decide what varna his character suits him to and then start learning the skills and qualification of that community?

There is this good website while searching on google.

How is the 'class' (varna) of an individual determined? | 4 Varna System

please check it out.. some of their lines ...

Every individual is a Brahman when he studies, a Kshatriya when he fights according to the situation, a Vaishya when he earns a livelihood and a Shudra when he does some physical work like cleaning his body during a bath, for some time of the day. Hence, each one needs to undertake the spiritual practice of all the four classes for some time of the day.

3.1 Difficulties in determination of the class

One has to be beyond the three components (gunatit) to recognise the qualities (gun) and actions (karma) of another. Only saints can do this but They too do not answer such queries and only recommend the appropriate spiritual practice