• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Satanists

tiki

বরিশালের রাজকুমারী
Now I'm at USA because uni and marriage and at my place the gov approved to put a Christian idol at the state capital. Then Satanist people from a different place requested to put a Satanist idol also.

Here is my question.

Do you feel angry that they used your religion for a political thing? Or else do you feel it was not a political thing? Or possibly do you feel that it was political thing except it is proper?

Please do not get angry it is my sincere and respectable question and I do not have a point to make. Only I am interested in whats your opinion. If you feel angry please ask me at first because probably I did not say it clear.

Thank you :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Now I'm at USA because uni and marriage and at my place the gov approved to put a Christian idol at the state capital. Then Satanist people from a different place requested to put a Satanist idol also.

Here is my question.

Do you feel angry that they used your religion for a political thing? Or else do you feel it was not a political thing? Or possibly do you feel that it was political thing except it is proper?

Please do not get angry it is my sincere and respectable question and I do not have a point to make. Only I am interested in whats your opinion. If you feel angry please ask me at first because probably I did not say it clear.

Tiki, hello. :smileycat: I personally see no need in placing a Satanic or any other religious monument or idol on government grounds. I find it tacky. :shrug: The Satanic monument isn't political it is primarily for shock value and an in-your-face sort of statement.

tiki

বরিশালের রাজকুমারী
Tiki, hello. :smileycat: I personally see no need in placing a Satanic or any other religious monument or idol on government grounds. I find it tacky. :shrug: The Satanic monument isn't political it is primarily for shock value and an in-your-face sort of statement.
Hi Adramelek! OK thank you! I thought it is to make Christians not do it. I will like to have NO religious thing at a capital because I like to have secular state except its not for me to say.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hi Adramelek! OK thank you! I thought it is to make Christians not do it. I will like to have NO religious thing at a capital because I like to have secular state except its not for me to say.

Btw, are you speaking of the Oklahoma City Satanic monument proposal? I live in Oklahoma.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ya its Oklahoma city.

Yep, I thought so. I really don't think that Satanic monument will be put up. If it is, I suspect someone will deface it in some way. The monument is a bad idea, and a futile statement. :smirkcat:

tiki

বরিশালের রাজকুমারী
Yep, I thought so. I really don't think that Satanic monument will be put up. If it is, I suspect someone will deface it in some way. It's a bad idea, and a futile statement. :smirkcat:
Ya already some body drove on the Christian one! Its why I thought its good to put religious thing on religious land and gov thing on gov land.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ya already some body drove on the Christian one! Its why I thought its good to put religious thing on religious land and gov thing on gov land.

I heard about that. Yeah, if they want to put up some sort of monument on the Capital/government grounds better something like the "Declaration of Independence".

tiki

বরিশালের রাজকুমারী
I heard about that. Yeah, if they want to put up some sort of monument on the Capital/government grounds better something like the "Declaration of Independence".
I agree with it.

LittlePinky82

Here is my question.

They're wanting to make a point about separation of church and state. If you're going to have monuments up for one (like Christianity) you have to everyone. They're not wanting it up they're wanting to make a point. So no I'm not mad. I know this is old lol but I applauded it because of the point they're making it. People freak out about Satanism in this country so it's more or less a scare tactic to get people to think and to show the hypocrisy.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Yep, I thought so. I really don't think that Satanic monument will be put up. If it is, I suspect someone will deface it in some way. The monument is a bad idea, and a futile statement. :smirkcat:

You think that "Christianity shouldn't have special, governmental privileges" is a futile statement? The victory in Oklahoma accomplished more than LaVey and Aquino ever could have hoped.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

The Satanic Temple has nothing to do with my spiritual/ religious system so no, their activities really do not matter much to me at all. However I really do like the design of that Baphomet statue, though I think it would be better to build a small shrine or temple out in the desert, atop a mountain, within a cave or deep inside a forest... and keep their statue there instead of the original suggested location.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You think that "Christianity shouldn't have special, governmental privileges" is a futile statement? The victory in Oklahoma accomplished more than LaVey and Aquino ever could have hoped.

Putting a statue down somewhere is largely irrelevant, and doesn't indicate acceptance. People largely take their opinion of Satanism (and Witchcraft for that matter) from their church leaders rather than doing any investigating.

The Satanic Temple has nothing to do with my spiritual/ religious system so no, their activities really do not matter much to me at all. However I really do like the design of that Baphomet statue, though I think it would be better to build a small shrine or temple out in the desert, atop a mountain, within a cave or deep inside a forest... and keep their statue there instead of the original suggested location.

The group is basically based on being an attention whore and it is as relevant as one. More LaVey-heads attempting to milk his corpse like the Christians milk Jesus'. They're about as serious as the flying spaghetti monster and should be revered accordingly. :)