• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for Muslims about justice

Moonstone

inactive
[I hope I'm not posting in the wrong section!]

Ok this is just a question I have about justice in Islam. (please do correct me if I have something wrong)

As far as I know, when someone kills a person in Islam, that person either :

1) is killed by the victims family

or

2) the victims family chooses to forgive the murderer & the murderer pays compensation.

Now as far as I know when a married man or woman commits adultery they are ordered to be stoned to death. As far as I know there is no option of forgiveness.

So my question is, is why does a murderer get more mercy in Islam than an adulterer? It really doesn't make sense to me! This was one of the things that kept me from converting to Islam actually.
-Dot

Ok this is just a question I have about justice in Islam. (please do correct me if I have something wrong)

or

2) the victims family chooses to forgive the murderer & the murderer pays compensation.

Now as far as I know when a married man or woman commits adultery they are ordered to be stoned to death. As far as I know there is no option of forgiveness.

So my question is, is why does a murderer get more mercy in Islam than an adulterer? It really doesn't make sense to me! This was one of the things that kept me from converting to Islam actually.
-Dot

that's quite easy to answer think of it this way ( just a scenario) ( IF you were married to this guy and he cheats on you ) you would get really mad , but you can forgive him with time , but it also has damage to society because by him cheating he would also damage another family that's if he cheats with a married women and if not he would destroy a young lady's future of finding a decent husband.. cause Muslim men are really concerned with their future's wife virginity but not all of them

and about the murderer getting more mercy is because ALLAH promises who ever forgives in this life would be forgiven in the hereafter + killing him would bring the dead guy back

for this punishment to be performed there must be 4 eye witnesses

Last edited:

Moonstone

inactive
Ok..thank you for your input, but it still doesn't make sense to me. :areyoucra In my eyes murder = worse than adultery ..

-Dot

.lava

Veteran Member
that's quite easy to answer think of it this way ( just a scenario) ( IF you were married to this guy and he cheats on you ) you would get really mad , but you can forgive him with time , but it also has damage to society because by him cheating he would also damage another family that's if he cheats with a married women and if not he would destroy a young lady's future of finding a decent husband.. cause Muslim men are really concerned with their future's wife virginity but not all of them

why is stoning to death considered law in Sharia?
why would Qur'an offer different punishment for adultery than what's practiced?

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing

or

-Dot

Actually, I don't think that's entirely true. There's nothing that prescribes an exact punishment for adulterers in the Quran as far as I understand. That's the domain of the Hadith's.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
why is stoning to death considered law in Sharia?
why would Qur'an offer different punishment for adultery than what's practiced?

Oh hey .lava, I was just about to quote some of the things you said in the other Islamic Justice thread. Nice to see you. :D

Moonstone

inactive
Actually, I don't think that's entirely true. There's nothing that prescribes an exact punishment for adulterers in the Quran as far as I understand. That's the domain of the Hadith's.

Hmm, but what about the Muslims who say you must follow the Quran and the Hadith?
-Dot

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
the QURAN and the hadith both come together because most of the islamic laws come from the hadith so you cant just ignore the hadith

Yes you can. The same way that protestants within Christianity ignore the Apocrypha.

Are the Hadith's the word of God or of man?

Moonstone

inactive
Acceptance and enforcement of Sharia law is not required to be considered Muslim, if that's all that's preventing you from converting...

:D No, this was all about a year ago when I was still busy trying to find the "truth" to be saved from "Hell". I've since come to realize that I never truely believed in an "almighty creator" that damns people to hell for simply not believing in them, but I was afraid of going to hell. I've sinced moved to Pagan paths & have never been happier! I realized that this is what I've believed in my heart all along. :yes:
I'm just curious about things that's all.
-Dot

Last edited:

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
:D No, this was all about a year ago when I was still busy trying to find the "truth" to be saved from "Hell". I've since come to realize that I never truely believed in an "almighty creator" that damns people to hell for simply not believing in them, but I was afraid of going to hell. I've sinced moved to Pagan paths & have never been happier! I realized that this is what I've believed in my heart all along. :yes:
I'm just curious about things that's all.
-Dot

Nothing wrong with that.

Yes you can. The same way that protestants within Christianity ignore the Apocrypha.

Are the Hadith's the word of God or of man?

i will answer you with one verse from the QURAN which is about the prophet Mohamed pbuh (Nor does he speakو that is only a Revelation revealed)

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
i will answer you with one verse from the QURAN which is about the prophet Mohamed pbuh (Nor does he speakو that is only a Revelation revealed)

Or you could just go the yes/no route and make this easier on both of us. Are the Hadiths the word of God spoken through the mouth of the prophet?

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
yes they are

So you are seriously telling me that a piecemeal collection of alleged sayings of the prophet collected and written 200 years after his death that no sect of Islam can agree on is the true, divine, unabridged word of God? If that's true, then why don't most Muslims revere them in the same way as the Quran. Why is the Quran more holy?

So you are seriously telling me that a piecemeal collection of alleged sayings of the prophet collected and written 200 years after his death that no sect of Islam can agree on is the true, divine, unabridged word of God? If that's true, then why don't most Muslims revere them in the same way as the Quran. Why is the Quran more holy?

the Quran is more holy because we are obligated to recite it during our prayers
and about the hadith there is a different in the level of accuracy that's why majority of Muslims tend to turn away from it

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
Or you could just go the yes/no route and make this easier on both of us. Are the Hadiths the word of God spoken through the mouth of the prophet?

yes they are

So here you say that the Hadiths are the word of God...

the Quran is more holy because we are obligated to recite it during our prayers
and about the hadith there is a different in the level of accuracy that's why majority of Muslims tend to turn away from it

...and here you say that it's not very accurate and the majority of Muslims don't truly accept it. Sorry, but you're sounding a little flaky here. Claiming that something is the literal written word of the supreme being and then immediately turning around and saying "eh... maybe..?" isn't very convincing.

.lava

Veteran Member
the QURAN and the hadith both come together because most of the islamic laws come from the hadith so you cant just ignore the hadith

what's Qur'an for do you think? punishment of adultery is written in Qur'an. it is also written in hadith books and they don't match. why would you take hadiths over Qur'an? i know importance of hadiths but they are not under protection of Allah which means they could be corrupted. to make sure which one is fabricated, we need to compare it with verses of Qur'an because text of Qur'an is not changed, can not be changed by men. there is not even one single verse about stoning. there is only one death penalthy written and it is for people who try to kill messenger of Allah. even they are not supposed to be stoned to death

Moonstone

inactive
what's Qur'an for do you think? punishment of adultery is written in Qur'an. it is also written in hadith books and they don't match. why would you take hadiths over Qur'an? i know importance of hadiths but they are not under protection of Allah which means they could be corrupted. to make sure which one is fabricated, we need to compare it with verses of Qur'an because text of Qur'an is not changed, can not be changed by men. there is not even one single verse about stoning. there is only one death penalthy written and it is for people who try to kill messenger of Allah. even they are not supposed to be stoned to death

What does the Quran say about adultery?