• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for jehovah's witness

Frank Goad

In 2 Corinthians 12:2. It looks like Paul might believe in out of body experiences. Also in 2 Corinthians 5:6-9.it sounds like Paul might believe when you die you are absent from your body and go to God. When you die.

Also in Colossians 2:5. It looks like Paul might believe in going out of the body as well. And in 1 Corinthians 5:3-4. It looks like Jesus might be the one responsible for this gift. And in Revelation 1:10 John says he was in the spirit. which kind of sounds what Paul is talking about.

What do you guys think? I looked this stuff up because I am interested in going out of the body with God. If it is literally real cool.If it is just a special kind of vision you can pray for awesome.:)

What gets me about 1 Corinthians 5:3-4 is it kind of sounds like Paul knows what is happening to this man before he meets him. Does anybody else read it like that? Or am I reading into it to much?:confused:

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
In 2 Corinthians 12:2. It looks like Paul might believe in out of body experiences. Also in 2 Corinthians 5:6-9.it sounds like Paul might believe when you die you are absent from your body and go to God. When you die.

Also in Colossians 2:5. It looks like Paul might believe in going out of the body as well. And in 1 Corinthians 5:3-4. It looks like Jesus might be the one responsible for this gift. And in Revelation 1:10 John says he was in the spirit. which kind of sounds what Paul is talking about.

What do you guys think? I looked this stuff up because I am interested in going out of the body with God. If it is literally real cool.If it is just a special kind of vision you can pray for awesome.:)

What gets me about 1 Corinthians 5:3-4 is it kind of sounds like Paul knows what is happening to this man before he meets him. Does anybody else read it like that? Or am I reading into it to much?:confused:
Um Frank... Are you in the body, or out of body?
You asked this before, don't you remember? Careful Frank. 2 Corinthians 11:3, 4

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

When Paul had these experiences, they were not because he wanted them or willed them to happen. They were the result of the operation of God's spirit. God decided when they happened.

Messing about with these things will just get you playing with the demons.