• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for females about sexism

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Well, yes, I do believe in a traditional family structure of having the husband as the head of the household and should therefore provide for his family. This isn't to say that the female can't work at all.

Raging sexism (haha.)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
You're entitled to that opinion. I think otherwise.

Just because I have male genetics I should automatically be the provider for my partner with female genetics?

Yes for you is your belief and for me is mine.

Last edited:

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Incidentally, it may be the nature of fallen woman to be ruled over by her husband (as the Bible says it her desire is unto her husband and her husband shall rule over her.)

It may be in female nature because of Eve in the Bible to look to her husband to provide for her instead of looking to herself. :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Just because I have male genetics I should automatically be the provider for my partner with female genetics.

You mistook @Thanda from my reading. Thanda agreed it was a sexists thing to think and say but necessarily misogynistic. You then said that was your disagreed, and thanda said you were free too. Thanda never stated thats how it is or should be.

Thanda did i read your post correctly?
If my understanding is correct you would be sexist (since you assigned a role based only on someones sex/gender) but you would not necessarily be misogynistic (which is having a hate for women)

Iti oj

Premium Member
If the woman accepts the situation it isn't sexist.

Honestly, the PC crap is getting ridiculous.
...... thats not what the "PC Police" are saying any ways...so strawmen, the issue is what do we teach young children in regards to gender rolls and its effects on individuals and society .

any given set of individuals can behave how ever they want and works best for them .

RRex

Premium Member
There are many women who want that lifestyle, protection, stay at home and raise the kids, cook and clean.

Nothing wrong with it. It's between the husband and wife. No one else's business.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
You mistook @Thanda from my reading. Thanda agreed it was a sexists thing to think and say but necessarily misogynistic. You then said that was your disagreed, and thanda said you were free too. Thanda never stated thats how it is or should be.

Thanda did i read your post correctly?

Well being crystal clear, I believe it is sexist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If the woman accepts the situation it isn't sexist.

Honestly, the PC crap is getting ridiculous.
Because members of oppressed groups have never sided with their oppressors ever before. It's like how abuse victims never, ever think they deserve it and side with their abusers.

RRex

Premium Member
Because members of oppressed groups have never sided with their oppressors ever before. It's like how abuse victims never, ever think they deserve it and side with their abusers.
I would love to have been a housewife.
Instead I went out, got a couple of careers in the government sector, and worked myself into chronic illness.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret not trying for a simpler life.

Too. Late. Now.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Hi,

My name is Noah and I wanted to ask you this question. :)

Is it sexist in your opinion to say that in a heterosexual relationship the male must take care of (be the provider for) the female because he is the male?

Thank you very very much for all answers, :)
Noah

I think outdated is a better way of describing it

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Instead I went out, got a couple of careers in the government sector, and worked myself into chronic illness.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret trying for a simpler life.

Too. Late. Now.
I understand.

Iti oj

Premium Member

Not a day goes by that I don't regret not trying for a simpler life.

Too. Late. Now.
im moving to homestead in the woods along the oregon coast.

Thanda

Just because I have male genetics I should automatically be the provider for my partner with female genetics?

Yes I have my reasons for believing so. I believe women are generally more suited to nurturing children during their earlier stages than men. I also believe that two parents working (especially when both are working high stress jobs) often leads to a neglect of children and problems later on in life.