• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Atheists...

Bird123

The post he was replying to, demonstrates otherwise.

Truth is demonstrable.
Yes, that is why I pointed the direction by which Truth can be Discovered.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
You called it "limiting".

Why would you try and figure out how X works when somebody else already did it before you?
Have you ever heard the expression "trying to re-invent the wheel"?

Plenty of things. But I don't know in advance what I (or anyone else) will discover.
Unlike some people, I don't go into research with predetermined answers.

All humans are. You included.
Without those "others", we wouldn't be having this conversation on the internet.

No. You are projecting. Mere "Beliefs" is what you do. Not what I do. I deal in evidence.

No. I accept what can be independently demonstrated with rational evidence. I reject the rest.

View attachment 80182

What I see is that you are doing your very best to miss the point.

What you do there is not "discovering". It's, instead, learning what others discovered and invented.
You did not "reinvent" the TV. You did not "discover" all the physics etc that goes into TV building.
Instead, you learned how the tech works that OTHERS have invented / discovered and then used that knowledge to fix it.

You "discovered" diddly squad. At best, you backwards engineered it.
And even then, you wouldn't even know where to begin to make those chip controlled parts yourself, which is why you ordered them instead.

Give me a break.
Limiting is much different than using accumulated knowledge. Perhaps it is you who has missed the point.
Aren't you limiting yourself by depending all your knowledge from others? What about all the things undiscovered?

That's what I see. It's very clear!!!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes, that is why I pointed the direction by which Truth can be Discovered.

You should look up what "demonstrate" means.

Limiting is much different than using accumulated knowledge. Perhaps it is you who has missed the point.

You don't have a point. Your points, to the extent that you even have points, have a tendency to move like goalposts to suit your needs in the moment.

Aren't you limiting yourself by depending all your knowledge from others?

No. It's how I survive in the world, how I move about, how I communicate.
Sure, I also contribute some of my own. The amount though pales in comparison.

We all do this or we wouldn't live to see another day. You included.

What about all the things undiscovered?

I'm not a scientist or an inventor, so I likely won't be the one who solves remaining riddles.