• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jehovah's witnesses on here

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
How did samuel in the story of the witch of endor get it right when saul would die?:confused:

Saul had been abandoned by his God because he had proven to be unfaithful. Desperate, he enquired of a spirit medium (forbidden in Israel and he was the one who commanded that they be removed) because God would no longer communicate with him through his living prophets.

The "witch" called up a demon who masqueraded as the dead Samuel....and who knows whether they had a hand in the manner of his death, fulfilling the prediction? When you invite them into your life without the protection of God's spirit, you are virtually a sitting duck.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I am pretty sure that you are a JW, and are just a "front man" for them. I find this preoccupation with the JW to be obnoxious.

If you have read Frank's posts, you will see that he has some 'issues'. He is not JW but is simply asking questions, which on a "Religious Q and A" forum is permitted. If you don't like his questions.....don't read them.

whirlingmerc

I am pretty sure that you are a JW, and are just a "front man" for them. I find this preoccupation with the JW to be obnoxious.

Not a JW, but God is sovereign over all and can use all things for His purpose
he superintends all things and can make a point anyway he desires.

If you mean the JW claim that when people are dead they are only in God's mind and not in the spirit awaiting judgement or awaiting redemption? I don't agree with the JW view.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Saul had been abandoned by his God because he had proven to be unfaithful. Desperate, he enquired of a spirit medium (forbidden in Israel and he was the one who commanded that they be removed) because God would no longer communicate with him through his living prophets.

The "witch" called up a demon who masqueraded as the dead Samuel....and who knows whether they had a hand in the manner of his death, fulfilling the prediction? When you invite them into your life without the protection of God's spirit, you are virtually a sitting duck.
Probably said to themselves, "You are all mine, to do as I please. No one can save you now. You're a dead man Saul."

How did samuel in the story of the witch of endor get it right when saul would die?:confused:
(1 Samuel 28:17) . . .Jehovah will do for himself what he foretold through me: . . .
(1 Chronicles 10:13, 14) 13 Thus Saul died for the unfaithfulness he had shown against Jehovah because he had not obeyed the word of Jehovah, also for consulting a spirit medium 14 instead of inquiring of Jehovah. So He put him to death and turned the kingship over to David the son of Jesʹse.

While Saul was visiting the medium, the Philistines were about to attack.
(1 Samuel 28:4-6) 4 The Philistines assembled and went and set up camp in Shunem. So Saul assembled all Israel, and they set up camp in Gilboa. 5 When Saul saw the camp of the Philistines, he was afraid, and his heart trembled greatly. 6 Although Saul would inquire of Jehovah, Jehovah never answered him, either in dreams or by the Uʹrim or through the prophets.

Part 2—What Do the Scriptures Say About “Survival After Death”?
The spirit knew that Jehovah was against Saul and that Saul had displeased Jehovah further by consulting a spirit medium and was condemned to death for that and would not be favored by help from Jehovah in battle. So the spirit could reasonably predict defeat for Saul and death to him and his sons.
Whether the spirit’s prediction came true or not, the spirit was a “lying spirit,” for it made a prediction from a counterfeit or fraudulent background by pretending to be Jehovah’s faithful Samuel and enacting the lie that the dead are not dead and that it is possible for the living to talk with the dead. Samuel was then a dead soul with the hope of a resurrection in God’s new world.