• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the snake in Eden

Tinkerpeach

What has that to do with the price of fish?

They are both alive whether you accept them as worthy of life or not.
Sure but what does that have to do with the abortion debate?

Vegetables are alive also but I still eat them.

Being alive isn’t the same as being human.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sure but what does that have to do with the abortion debate?

Vegetables are alive also but I still eat them.

Being alive isn’t the same as being human.

Vegetables don't usually produce human eggs and sperm.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Being alive isn’t the same as being human

Being human is a moving target, some class fertilisation as the point, some class 9 weeks after fertilisation. Some consider a fetus as human then the nervous system develops or others when vital functions are established.

So the being human argument is arbitrary.

Wheras being alive ... Well ..

Tinkerpeach

Being human is a moving target, some class fertilisation as the point, some class 9 weeks after fertilisation. Some consider a fetus as human then the nervous system develops or others when vital functions are established.

So the being human argument is arbitrary.

Wheras being alive ... Well ..
I am arguing that the process has begun, the part where it becomes human is irrelevant to that.

Tinkerpeach

Vegetables don't usually produce human eggs and sperm.
And human eggs and sperm will not either unless combined.

Once that happens the result will be a human being or miscarriage unfortunately.

I do not feel anyone has the right to deny someone’s existence and that is just a personal belief.

ChristineM

Premium Member
And human eggs and sperm will not either unless combined.

Once that happens the result will be a human being or miscarriage unfortunately.

I do not feel anyone has the right to deny someone’s existence and that is just a personal belief.

And i don't feel anyone has the right to dictate what i can do with my body. Sure, keep it personal, but don't force your personal beliefs on others

Tinkerpeach

And i don't feel anyone has the right to dictate what i can do with my body. Sure, keep it personal, but don't force your personal beliefs on others
Except in the case of rape you did it to yourself, nobody is dictating to you. If you become pregnant because you are irresponsible you become responsible for the pregnancy.

The time to think about not having a child is before you have sex.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Except in the case of rape you did it to yourself, nobody is dictating to you. If you become pregnant because you are irresponsible you become responsible for the pregnancy.

The time to think about not having a child is before you have sex.

Nope not just in the case of rape, consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy. Often enough pregnancy can abd does happiny accident so get this derogatory only if raped bull**** out of your brain

And yes you are dictating what a woman can do with her body (HER BODY), not yours or anyone else's but hers.

Tinkerpeach

Nope not just in the case of rape, consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy. Often enough pregnancy can abd does happiny accident so get this derogatory only if raped bull**** out of your brain

And yes you are dictating what a woman can do with her body (HER BODY), not yours or anyone else's but hers.
When you have sex you are accepting the risk of getting pregnant

Sargonski

When you have sex you are accepting the risk of getting pregnant

Indeed there is a risk of unintended pregnancy when people have sex. Should this happen .. one needs take responsibility for the consequences of sex .. and abort the process prior to a human being created. .. so . as soon as possible .. right after the condom breaks .. go and get an abortion pill ..

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We have veered from the topic. Snakes and Ladders is a well known board game. Its also called chutes and ladders.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always heard it called Chutes and Ladders. That's pretty far off topic!
I am just getting ready to bring up a scripture about the former and the ladder rains, bringing us back towards bible stuff and then eventually around back to the snake and why she lost her legs. Unless you think the serpent was male.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am just getting ready to bring up a scripture about the former and the ladder rains, bringing us back towards bible stuff and then eventually around back to the snake and why she lost her legs. Unless you think the serpent was male.
Latter rains and sure, the serpent was male. I mean, why not? 50/50 shot most likely.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Latter rains and sure, the serpent was male. I mean, why not? 50/50 shot most likely.
I've never given this question much thought. It only just now occurred to me that the sex of the serpent was never given but only the fact that it had legs.