• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the Good God

Ishkbal

Hello,

Recently I heard something about the idea of a all good God only coming out of the 1800s and that it was not in the original texts. I don't know if this is true or not. If anyone has heard of this could he or she give point me in the right direction? Also, if there is a passage in the Bible that refers to God being all good, could I be told where that is ?

Cheers,

Ishkbal

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Ishkbal said:
Hello,

Recently I heard something about the idea of a all good God only coming out of the 1800s and that it was not in the original texts. I don't know if this is true or not. If anyone has heard of this could he or she give point me in the right direction? Also, if there is a passage in the Bible that refers to God being all good, could I be told where that is ?

Cheers,

Ishkbal
"Mark 10:18 - And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

Its not saying God is all good, but it is saying God is the only truly good being in existance - so its as good as.

But if you read the OT it becomes abundantly clear that the God in question is arrogant, vengeful and prideful - not good characteristics.

Its all a matter of personal interpretation.