• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about mantra in EDM song

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Namaste,

could you give me the second mantra cited in this song:

The first one I already found myself:

Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Suurya-Kotti Samaprabha |
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa ||

Meaning:
1: (Salutations to Sri Ganesha) Who has a Curved Trunk, Who has a Large Body and Whose Splendour is similar to Million Suns;
2: O Deva, Please Make my Undertakings Free of Obstacles, By extending Your Blessings in All my Works, Always.

Thanks for your help. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The first verse is the normal invocation of Ganesha, mandated for all Hindu prayers and rituals. What follows could be this:

Its creation is ascribed to Ravana, the King of Lanka and Lord Rama's adversary. Beautiful but difficult lyrics and most vigorous when sung.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sirona, as you know, this month of Shravan is considered auspicious by devotees of Lord Shiva. Millions of people gather at their preferred body of water on mondays to bathe. Hundreds of thousand people walk on foot hundreds of miles from their places to Haridwar or Sultanganj to bring water from River Ganges to pour it on Shiva lingams in their preferred temples. Others journey to the Amarnath cave and Kedarnath high up in Himalayas (14,000 and 12,000 feet respectively), this year braving excessive rain or snowfall.

Haridwar, Kedarnath, Amarnath, Devghar.
101650962.jpg
images
Amarnath-Way.jpg
kanwariya-yatra-6.jpg

Last edited: