• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about hijab

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Would it be considered insulting to Muslims if a non-Muslim tried to wear hijab just to see what it's like?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
it wouldn't be insulting to me. :)

anyone who would be offended needs a :slap:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
it wouldn't be insulting to me. :)

anyone who would be offended needs a :slap:

Haha! I'd agree. I'm thinking about doing it though and I just wanted to know if someone inevitably asked me if I was Muslim -- or greeted me with a common phrase from Islam in Arabic, which I don't know any -- whether they would look at me like I was crazy or if it could somehow be offensive to them; because I'm not intending to cause offense, just to try something out.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Last edited:

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
It's not offensive in the least. If you do it, come back to let us know what your experience is like. Depending on where you are it might be really interesting.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its quite common for non muslim women to wear Hijabs when they enter a mosque for a regular visit.

this is true, but i think she may be talking about wearing the hijab out and about, not only in a religious setting. :)

fatima_bintu_islam

Tell us how it was after you wear it :)

Are you going to wear long and kinda large clothes along with the Hijab, or just the Hijab?

Dont worry why would anyone be offended? :)

fatima_bintu_islam

Btw, regarding the videos posted; it would be preferable not to put make up if you wanna feel the sensations for real :) Its just a proposition, you're free to do it as you wish.

Starsoul

Truth
Haha! I'd agree. I'm thinking about doing it though and I just wanted to know if someone inevitably asked me if I was Muslim -- or greeted me with a common phrase from Islam in Arabic, which I don't know any -- whether they would look at me like I was crazy or if it could somehow be offensive to them; because I'm not intending to cause offense, just to try something out.

Its not offensive at all, you can just nod or smile back to them with your own greeting if you'd want to greet back, otherwise any greeting hi/ morning/good day would go, but yeah they'll be a bit confused about that. :confused:

btw, salam or (assalamo alaikum, peace be onto you) is the universal word for the Muslim's greeting if thats what they say to you, incase you'd want to know what they said to you) But any greeting would go . Do share your experiences though :)