• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Halal food and Kosher food

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So you ask anonymous forum members having zero verified credentials for a smattering of opinions about which you can render an uninformed determination concerning credibility. Brilliant.
@Amanaki did not say he would trust the answers given on RF blindly. Just to get a good link, and then use his discrimination to make his conclusion.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Amanaki did not say he would trust the answers given on RF blindly. Just to get a good link, and then use his discrimination to make his conclusion.

That's basically it. Draw many resources from authors and live people who may have kosher etc in their religious diets, and make a decision from there.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
That is so mean.
Whine less.

Why not both online resource and conversation?
Precisely.

Since you seem to like anecdotal chat, let me offer the following:

My father recently died in early June. We never had much money but one of the things he bought for us at a very, very early age was the Encyclopedia Britannica and Britannica Jr. Whenever I would approach him with a question of fact, his first response would be "Did you look it up?". If yes, he was more than happy to answer my question to the best of his abilities, If not, he would point me to the books.​

Thats my gold standard, and I view responses such as ...

I can do, but I don't trust all info in Wikipedia :)

with nothing but contempt.

One last story - a couple of nights ago I found myself parking next to a car with a bumper sticker which read:

MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN

Yes.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Whine less.

Precisely.

My father recently died in early June. We never had much money but one of the things he bought for us at a very, very early age was the Encyclopedia Britannica and Britannica Jr. Whenever I would approach him with a question of fact, his first response would be "Did you look it up?". If yes, he was more than happy to answer my question to the best of his abilities, If not, he would point me to the books.​

One last story - a couple of nights ago I found myself parking next to a car with a bumper sticker which read:

MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN

Yes.

Why would you automatically assume people didn't look it up first?

RF isn't 'that' special to be the first line of defense, I wouldn't think.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Whine less.

Precisely.

MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN

Yes.

What's always been a pet peeves with lovers of dictionary scripture (and wiki and) is when a child asks how do you spell say photography and the parent says look to the dictionary. Makes me grit my teeth even when it just takes a few seconds to say both to the child and adult who asks.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Whine less.

Precisely.

MAKE AMERICA THINK AGAIN

Yes.
In the OP it does say, I was reading about Halal and Korsher. So yes I did my research sir.
Then I went to my good friends in RF and asked questions :)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Why would you automatically assume people didn't look it up first?
^ speaking of automatic assumptions. :rolleyes:

Briefly ...
  • Yes, I made an assumption.
  • No, there was nothing automatic about it. Rather, it was informed by the wording of the OP and RF history of its author.
  • Yes, the assumption was apparently correct, at least as far as checking Wikipedia goes.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Good point. Have you checked Wikipedia yet?
As I said before, to me wikipedia isn't a good website for facts, anyone can enter what they like there. So often it has been found errors on that website.

If Wikipedia is a good source for you, by all means continue to use it.

Messianic Israelite

I was reading about Halal, but as in food but in general too. Then I read somewhere that Halal food and Kosher food is somewhat the same?

Can those who know about the similarities and differences answer to me?

This thread is not for discussion about if Halal is right or wrong, or if Islam should stop using it.
This thread are only meant for answering OP directly.

Good afternoon Amanaki. In the Bible, the stress is upon to eat meat only that has had it's blood expelled. We are not to eat blood (Leviticus 17:10-12). As a result I eat kosher or halal as the method of slaughter ensures that most of the blood is removed from the animal. Also, eating kosher means you can be assured that you are eating clean meats as defined in passages such as Deuteronomy 14. Not everything that is Halal is Kosher, so you have to watch out for that. For example, halal foods can include camel and some other foods.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I was reading about Halal, but as in food but in general too. Then I read somewhere that Halal food and Kosher food is somewhat the same?

Can those who know about the similarities and differences answer to me?

This thread is not for discussion about if Halal is right or wrong, or if Islam should stop using it.
This thread are only meant for answering OP directly.
Here is Chabad's website discussion on how kosher meat is more complicated than halal meat:

Halal vs. Kosher