• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about girl possessed by a demon

Frank Goad

In Acts 16:16-18 it says the girl in Acts was possessed by a spirit of divination.It also says in Acts that the spirit gave her soothsaying ability.While reading this i got confused because why would God give a spirit not from him soothsaying ability?:(Do demons still have this power?:(Also i got all this information.From the kjv of the bible.

Last edited:

74x12

In Acts 16:16-18 it says the girl in Acts was possessed by a spirit of divination.It also says in Acts that the spirit gave her soothsaying ability.While reading this i got confused because why would God give a spirit not from him soothsaying ability?:(Do demons still have this power?:(Also i got all this information.From the kjv of the bible.
It's not that God gave it any special ability. The spirit in her knows things naturally. They don't really know the future perfectly; but they do know more than we do about it. Also, they can read minds and do know people's thoughts and history etc. More than enough information to amaze people and get them to pay for a "reading" or whatever.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

the spirit doesn't have a "soothsaying ability"... they are what Christians would call "Familiar spirits" because they are familiar with the people and circumstances. What God did give mankind, is the ability to have dominion over the different kinds of spirits.