• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Gayatri Mantra

Sridhar29

Hello!

I have a simple question about Gayatry Mantra. My Achariya (Master) told me to perform gayatri mantra 108 times twice a day. But I remain very busy with my work and duties. Please suggest at least how many times I should perform gayatri mantra. I heard that I can perform it 11 times or 22 times twice a day.

Waiting for your replies..

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hello!

I have a simple question about Gayatry Mantra. My Achariya (Master) told me to perform gayatri mantra 108 times twice a day. But I remain very busy with my work and duties. Please suggest at least how many times I should perform gayatri mantra. I heard that I can perform it 11 times or 22 times twice a day.

Normally when you are given instructions from an acharya (Master, Guru) it would be him to whom you should ask such questions, not a bunch of strangers on the internet.
:)

But welcome to RF.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

A friend of mine is a Brahmin and he told me that every morning he get up a little more early, do a round of Gayatri mantra (1 mala) and then he have breakfast and go to his work.

Maybe you can manage a round in a morning before beginning any duty too, what do you think ?

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Hello!

Chant at least 1 mala or 108 time once/twice a day, it won't take more than 10 min to complete a mala.

Sridhar29

Vanakkam,

A friend of mine is a Brahmin and he told me that every morning he get up a little more early, do a round of Gayatri mantra (1 mala) and then he have breakfast and go to his work.

Maybe you can manage a round in a morning before beginning any duty too, what do you think ?

I think this is really good idea. I should wake up a little more early in the morning and perform Gayatri mantra (1 mala) before going to my duties..

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Hello!

That's not even enough.
You have to chant it like
seven thousand times a
day, plus one.​

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
To be honest, to say it with some bhakti, I think it would take 20 minutes or more. At 12 seconds, it's 5 per minute which is over 20 minutes.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Cut down on the time that you may not be utilizing gainfully and get up earlier in the morning. If you have a teacher and he tells you something, follow it.

Ravi500

The input I would like to add over here is that the Gayatri's chant should be precise in terms of pronounciation and chanted with love.

Or else the chanting can be counter productive.