• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about fully nude beaches

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Erections are for sexual situations.

And that is because the mind has full control over the body, right?
So we can tell the body when it is a sexual situation and when it is not, and this way we have full control over erections.

Oh wait, it doesn't work that way...:rolleyes:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I don't know about you, perhaps your body's on auto-pilot.
My arousal, though, is pretty much dictated by my head; how I interpret the situation. I can usually distinguish a sexual situation from casual nudity. I react, or not, accordingly.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Well, I don't know about you, perhaps your body's on auto-pilot.
My arousal, though, is pretty much dictated by my head; how I interpret the situation. I can usually distinguish a sexual situation from casual nudity. I react, or not, accordingly.

What do you mean by casual nudity?
Those two words don't go together in my society.

Parzival

If a beautiful woman is lying flat on her back, naked, on a beach dont tell me you wont get a hard-on. If you don't get rock hard you are either homosexual or impotent.

You may not be able to see a naked woman without getting sexually aroused, but that doesn't mean you can project that onto everyone. Sure, I get sexually aroused by women, but not if I don't want to. There is a time and a place and if you are not in that time and place, then recognize that. If you can't do that, perhaps you need to work on your self control instead of accusing anyone with a stronger control of their own mind of impotence or homosexuality.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm so hooked on marital fidelity I can't even have an affair in my dreams, unlike in those teenage years. Even in dreams I end up telling the phantom lover that "Sorry, I'm married."

So if you have such poor control that you can't go for a walk without getting erections, I do pity you. How old are you? Fifteen? Maybe that would explain it.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'm so hooked on marital fidelity I can't even have an affair in my dreams, unlike in those teenage years. Even in dreams I end up telling the phantom lover that "Sorry, I'm married."

So if you have such poor control that you can't go for a walk without getting erections, I do pity you. How old are you? Fifteen? Maybe that would explain it.

I believe this is directed towards me, right?
If this is the case, then you have completely distorted what i have said.
Congratulations.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe this is directed towards me, right?
If this is the case, then you have completely distorted what i have said.
Congratulations.

Not directed at anyone ... just the thread in general and control ... seriously ... sorry if you thought it was directed at you.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If you don't know why they don't want perverts walking around with hard-ons in public, then the nude beach isn't for you anyway. Maybe revisit the subject when you've matured enough to be able to separate nudity from sexual arousal.
That is my thought as well.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If a beautiful woman is lying flat on her back, naked, on a beach dont tell me you wont get a hard-on. If you don't get rock hard you are either homosexual or impotent.
Really?
Is that how you gauge your sexuality, by your penis?

How neanderthal.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wonder if all of what you said is a joke or if there is some truth to it...:rolleyes:

LOL -- more than "some truth," I'm an actual long haired, peacenik, commune-living, Kum by Ya singing throwback. :rainbow1:
Check my profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
What do you mean by casual nudity?
Those two words don't go together in my society.

Yeah, it's a rather confusing phrase in the society of young, inexperienced, hormone-controlled young men. Don't sweat it. It's natural to be dominated by your hormones when you're young.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yeah, it's a rather confusing phrase in the society of young, inexperienced, hormone-controlled young men. Don't sweat it. It's natural to be dominated by your hormones when you're young.

I live in a city famous for its beaches.
Our society is used to people wearing swimsuits, however nudity is never seen as casual. Even partial frontal nudity is seen as rare and out of usual. I hang around people much older than me and none of them would ever see nudity as something casual. This is just how it is. ;)

trdash

This will probably be my last reply on this topic. I know my involvement has been strange because in a very real sense I oppose nude beaches, but in another real sense I can see how learning to accept naked people can be a positive step toward ending the Hollywood representation of body image, which leads to men and women do very harmful things to their bodies (e.g., breast implants, steroid use, eating disorders) in the name of “wellness.” But I have to say, this has been a fun and humors thread.

At the end of the day, it seems to me that a nude beach should tolerate erections, but that the men who have erections need to act wisely and not become sexual with it (e.g., self stroking, flaunting it, etc.). However, I do think erections should be seen as being part of naturalism.

I’m not sure all men can have complete control over erections, but I believe that behavioral change is possible, and that men still can act in responsible ways with an erection. If I were to go to a nude beach (which I probable will not do) I am sure I would have erection problems at the beginning. But I think in time I would be desensitized to socialization, and eventually it would not be a problem, for the most part.

But I also think that there are different types of nude beach cultures, and there some men and women that like to see erections at certain nude beaches, and others where its frowned upon. I think the argument on this site about whether erections should be acceptable and non-acceptable lies with different nudist cultures and values. I guess if I chose not to go to one, I will not have to decide which culture I should be part of!!
:woohoo:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have never seen ar erection on a nude beach. neither on a homone filled teen nor on a middle aged man.

However in my youth It was not unusual to go skinny dipping in pools, the river or the sea. This was mostly late evening and the couples involved may well have enjoyed erections from time to time.

But such fun has nothing to do with Nudism or nudist beaches.

trdash

I have never seen ar erection on a nude beach. neither on a homone filled teen nor on a middle aged man.

However in my youth It was not unusual to go skinny dipping in pools, the river or the sea. This was mostly late evening and the couples involved may well have enjoyed erections from time to time.

But such fun has nothing to do with Nudism or nudist beaches.

I hear replies like this often -- someone who never reports seeing an erection on a nude beach. But how do you put together comments by people at nude beaches that like to see them -- see the link below

Women, what is your view on erections on nude beaches? - GirlsAskGuys.com

Do you just chalk this up to people who do not have the "true' valies of a nudist?

jazz

The topic of nude beaches is one that pulls me in different directions. I can see how public nudity can be used to debunk the fake Hollywood Barbie doll and GI Joe body images. However, as a Christian, I really think God wants people to cover their bodies, as a way of showing its sacredness. Regardless of this inner conflict that I have – which results in me not attending a nude beach (going with what I think God wants)

God does not want anything from us. It is just our thinking that make us to believe in such things. If, you do not feel like attending nude beaches then it is ok for you but if certain kind of conditioning or programming of mind is coming in your way then you need to rethink about it. Body is sacred either way. If, it is nude or covered, it is part of the existence itself.

the one aspect of nude beaches I have never understood is why erections are not viewed as normal and natural. Many nudists argue that nudity is natural and our natatural bodies should not be viewed as shameful. Yet, many (but not all) nudist beaches have rules that a man is suppose to hide an erection by either putting a towel around himself or laying on his stomach. Further, allowing non-sexual types of erections could even cause more body size awareness and education, helping people learn about realistic size.

I agree with you on this thing but it is just not the only double standard present in this world. We are always surrounded with the double standards :no:.
I completely agree with you on this thing. If, naked body is considered fine then erection should be considered fine too :yes:. Why it is considered immoral and bad. I think we need to raise this society from the double standards present. It might be due to condemnation of sex in the society. We have started opening our mind towards sex but sex has been condemned for some so long and some part of our mind (sub-conscious) still thinks that sex is not a good thing. It will need sometime as we are still evolving :clap.