• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about conduct

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Questions to sikhs what do you feel about vegetarianism? Is it ideal? Preferred?
Baptisms/confirmation I always wanted to know what's the process and does everyone have to go through it eventually? (I know these questions are a little random but I was going to go to the gurdwara in my city but I'm really nervous and trying to work up the courage to go soo bare with me:( :facepalm:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nervous? Why? No reason. Everyone is welcome in a Gurudwara and join their worship (You must leave your shoes outside the prayer hall. There would be a designated place. And you must cover your head in the hall, for which they would have kept scarves outside the hall. You can also have your lunch there. That would be vegetarian only. But sikhism does not prohibit non-vegetarian food. Sikh humility in a Gurudwara is exemplary (I am a hindu but rever the gurus). For traditions, kindly read this. Sikhism Religion of the Sikh People

Last edited:

Huey09

He who struggles with God
[
Nervous? Why?

I've been outta of organized religion for a quite a while now. I compare it to getting a divorce and trying to get back out in the dating world, if that makes sense?

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Questions to sikhs what do you feel about vegetarianism? Is it ideal? Preferred?
Baptisms/confirmation I always wanted to know what's the process and does everyone have to go through it eventually?

hi Huey

ya Vegetarianism is preferred as Gurdwara Langar is mostly vegetarian , there is no prohibition though .Only Ritualistic Slaughtering/sacrifice of animals is prohibited .

I'm not sure whether Amrit sanchar is equivalent to Baptism or not . Its a way/ceremony to join Khalsa ,the Gurus Army . it don't mean that Khalsa Sikhs will be rewarded with safe heavens and there is damnation for Non Khalsa. More than 75% Sikhs are non Khalsa .

(I know these questions are a little random but I was going to go to the gurdwara in my city but I'm really nervous and trying to work up the courage to go soo bare with me:( :facepalm:

:p just relax and gave a visit to Gurdwara ,its very Simple .

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
Old topic I know, but just wondering..Sikh's typically avoid eating beef right? Even the Sikh's from India who eat meat (Chicken,goat,lamb) don't eat beef typically am I right? :sikh:

ranvirk

There is no prohibition in Sikhism about meat eating..we dan eat any meat as long as it's not a sacrificial one...

India is mostly a Hindu country where people worship cow and it's beef is not available easily... And some Sikhs don't eat due to cultural reason specially around the fact haft most of their friend don't eat it ..

In West, majority of Sikhs don't have issues with rating beef... And I specially love beef vindaloo... Yummy:)