• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

QM vs Religion

imaginaryme

You need... coolin'
Baby, I'm not foolin...
I'm gonna send you...
Back to schoolin'...

~Led Zeppelin

From which we get the LED principle. A localized entropic distortion when certain variables become time invariant.

What does that mean, exactly? The human mind is as natural as the world which it observes. We have a natural affinity for causality and the arrow of time; for us, it is natural to assume if a, then b. This is sequential time.

Simultaneity, both a and b, leads one to consider zombie cats. We tend to ask ourselves, how did I get here?
...this is not my beautiful house ...this is not my beautiful wife.
The problem, of course; is the evolution of mind. In the beginning, we said; "there must be reason!" Then we went out into the world and made things reasonable. We have spent thousands of years learning our environment and our place in that environment. We have formulated the magnificent toolsets of science, mathematics, and philosophy. We did not come from Eden, we have made Eden; a world of shared ideas, virtual communication across the globe; and old time rock and roll.

So, then... what is i? What does it mean, to be the square root of negative one? How do we go from counting our change - one, two, three - to drawing graphs of imaginary numbers, programming a few lines of computer code to produce pretty pictures of astonishing complexity; from deterministic chaos to... wait a minute...

No minute. Minute bad; LED and time invariant good. The world is a place of beauty and diversity, of laughter and joy; but one thing we should have learned by now is that the world is not always reasonable. Logic and entropy are the maps of the world, but they are not the world. Once upon a time, cartographers delineated certain areas of treacherous geography with the admonishment, "here there be dragons." Now, we understand those areas were places of calm seas or dangerous shoals rather than actual sea monsters. We may have disregarded such map-making tradition, but there is no need to disregard ancient wisdom. Today we have new maps; but I'm old skool...

Dragons. Big red, fire-breathing, descendants of Smaug. Plenty of things in this world work just fine, as long as one does not look to closely. The Bible works for some people, linear algebra works for others; for myself, I have my Gwynnies...

But time goes on. Or not. The dilemma faced by today's scientist is one of rationale. The problem may not lie in that which is being observed, but rather the observer. I'm not observing, I'm doing mathematics. As we know, it's not for everybody. ;)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend imagineryme,

But time goes on. Or not. The dilemma faced by today's scientist is one of rationale. The problem may not lie in that which is being observed, but rather the observer. I'm not observing, I'm doing mathematics. As we know, it's not for everybody.

It is very clear you know the problem and the solution and already doing something about it.

Till you are engaged in finding it out and declare it what do you suggest do to while the time we created for ourselves?

Lets Party and dance to LED!
My, my, my, I'm so happy

I'm gonna join the band

We're gonna sing an' dance in celebration

A-we're in the promised land

Love & rgds